PDA

View Full Version : Mercenary Games

Liudom
10-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Hi,

I'm looking into a building a league structure place / turf wars system. I'll only need to see who would be interested before I get started.
Its a not a clan.

Summary
Each player will be classed with a profile, you are your own. A Mercenary.
The objective is to become the best, highest rated merc. You will be called into action for a team by a team leader that can afford your services.
So the better and highly rated you are, the more expensive you will be, thus being the most wanted merc.

Why?
I'm bored of the old, get into a clan to compete in scrims, towards just one goal. Win a match for the clan.
With this Merc system, you will have multiple objectives.

1: Win a match for your team
2: Gain reputation to move up the ladder to join better teams or different teams
3: Collect trophies at the end of the season with your team, and be able to showcase and brag for the upcoming season.

How does it work?
We will have a league system, with a Division 1 and Division 2. We will have pre-made 8 teams per a league.
Mercs will join and request to lead a team. (Leading a team will grant extra points to you if succesful in winning games)

Leader:
As a Merc Leader (if approved) you will go out and recruit 4 other members (you will be able to recruit backups as you will most likely rotate your team). They can be friends, clan mates or you'll get to host trials/tryouts to bring in a free agent merc.
Set up your team before matches, and play it out under some rules. (Fair Play Rules)
Record the results and repeat for the next match. You will be able to at any time, recruit new mercs to strengthen your team.

Being a Merc:
Well, if leading isnt your style, then you'll be fishing for a team. Posting up your details and looking for tryouts/trials. This giving solo players a chance to join a real team and have an option to move to another if it doesnt fit.

This is just a short version of what will happen.
We will have more balanced rules, contracts, e-cash, selling and hiring mercs & turf wars.

Before we get stuck in, I first wanted to see interest.
Post here if its something that could be fun and bring siege t a new level.

(I understand the operators are not Mercenaries, this is just a spin off idea to give you players something different)

Darknoodles
10-30-2015, 10:43 AM
It's a nice and fresh idea !
However i have a concern about the pay side of the project: I think most people will come in this system to have a chance to win money, so i would mean that team leader must be rich enough to afford that ?
Or will their be a base pay (from ads, sponsoring...) ?

Liudom
10-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Real money wouldnt be involved. It would be "E-Cash"

SC-dutchcraft12
10-30-2015, 07:03 PM
Sounds cool, but I fear that once bigger leagues see that there is interest in this they will take over with their complicated rules and such (think about ESL or MLG)

If you get this off the ground I will surely join in

Liudom
10-31-2015, 07:08 PM
Just want to see how many people are interested, dont want to start something that just ends up only have 3 players.

I really would like for it to work though.