PDA

View Full Version : How does the rope launcher create ziplines?

MyAccountMax
10-26-2015, 08:05 PM
I was very skeptical about the rope launcher, but now that the game is out I have to say I enjoy it. There´s just one thing that bothers me A LOT.
How the HELL does the rope launcher create ziplines? When you look at the mechanism (too lazy to upload image) it is clear that the launcher can only shoot forward, so how does the rope attatch to the building you´re standing on?

Jacob and Evie would have to shoot the rope to point B while standing on point A, then ''manually'' tie the rope to something on point A.
I know, it´s a video game and game mechanics > realism, but that doesn´t mean you can´t make it look believable.

Whad do you think?

Rafe Harwood
10-26-2015, 08:09 PM
I think you think too much ;)

Although it's kinda cool, it hs removed 90% of climbing from the game. Yes, before anyone says you can still climb if you want to, I know :p

cawatrooper9
10-26-2015, 08:09 PM
It's possible that it has to be manually fastened to one end, and the game just cuts that part out for time's sake. But then, of course, one would have to be able to retrieve it once the zipline has been crossed.

My guess is that it's Elven rope.

MyAccountMax
10-26-2015, 08:14 PM
There are obviously many unrealistic gadgets in the AC universe, but that´s not the point. The other gadgets have a mechanism that matches with the animation, it looks believable. This zipline thing stands out way too much, I can´t ignore it..

MyAccountMax
10-26-2015, 08:45 PM
bamp

cawatrooper9
10-26-2015, 09:18 PM
bamp

Just for future reference, trying to bump threads is a fantastic way to get kicked off the forums.

whatr_those
10-27-2015, 12:07 AM
Though fun to use and quite practical, the line launcher in Syndicate is vastly unrealistic in its design.

The only legitimate answer is "it's a video game thing".

MT4K
10-27-2015, 12:48 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/tqtran/XenaWizards.jpg~original

ze_topazio
10-27-2015, 02:04 AM
It just works.