PDA

View Full Version : Tailing Missions... The Bane of Assassin's Creed

NeoMorph WTH
10-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Why is it that that you have to go RIGHT to the edge of a building or edge to use the rope launcher. I'm trying to tail a carriage in Syndicate and the damned thing decides to not show the LB link at the worst possible times... or you get stuck on a piece of architecture.

You would think they would have fixed this by now.... but noooooo... it's just a map pack with a few tweaks again... Don't bother fixing the bugs that was old in AC2. Most of the time it isn't a bother... except for one case... THE BLOODY TAILING MISSIONS.

Either fix the bugs where you get stuck on things, hanging where you can't go up or down OR JUST DITCH THE TAILING MISSIONS.

I failed Jacobs's tailing mission again because I fell behind due to not being able to move forward due to the launcher glitch and the second time due to getting stuck hanging from a ledge and not being able to move up or down and when it prompted me to hold B he fell to his death.

I like AC but HATE THE TAILING MISSIONS.

Aphex_Tim
10-26-2015, 06:32 PM
JUST DITCH THE TAILING MISSIONS.

This.

Most of my frustration with AC comes from tailing missions. Your character will cling to walls and refuse to let go at the worst possible times, giving you that annoying glitchy "reduce distance" screen until ultimately failing the mission. When a guard catches a glimpse of you, he just WON"T STOP INVESTIGATING until he has ruined your tailing so you can start all over again. Not to mention how annoying it is when your target, even when he shouldn't be suspicious of anything, will randomly stop and turn around for no reason and will instantly spot you in a crowded area.
I'm already overjoyed they ditched the mobile eavesdropping mechanic from AC3 and 4. That was even worse since you HAD to stay close to your target, which worked very counterproductive with these horrible detection mechanics. But in my opinion, they should just ditch tailing completely.

cawatrooper9
10-26-2015, 07:07 PM
I feel like this thread should just go into the Gamer Impressions one. It has so little focus...

NeoMorph WTH
10-26-2015, 08:12 PM
I feel like this thread should just go into the Gamer Impressions one. It has so little focus...

That HAS to be sarcasm... as this thread is all about how bad tailing in AC is.

cawatrooper9
10-26-2015, 08:23 PM
That HAS to be sarcasm... as this thread is all about how bad tailing in AC is.

Here, let me bold the sections that talk about tailing for you:

Why is it that that you have to go RIGHT to the edge of a building or edge to use the rope launcher. I'm trying to tail a carriage in Syndicate and the damned thing decides to not show the LB link at the worst possible times... or you get stuck on a piece of architecture.

You would think they would have fixed this by now.... but noooooo... it's just a map pack with a few tweaks again... Don't bother fixing the bugs that was old in AC2. Most of the time it isn't a bother... except for one case... THE BLOODY TAILING MISSIONS.

Either fix the bugs where you get stuck on things, hanging where you can't go up or down OR JUST DITCH THE TAILING MISSIONS.

I failed Jacobs's tailing mission again because I fell behind due to not being able to move forward due to the launcher glitch and the second time due to getting stuck hanging from a ledge and not being able to move up or down and when it prompted me to hold B he fell to his death.

I like AC but FOOKIN HATE THE TAILING MISSIONS.

Not the he's not right with any of his comments, but there's no need for this to be a specific thread (especially when I'm certain there are already threads that have a much more clear argument specifically against tailing).