PDA

View Full Version : Closed Alpha Announcement

SpaceElephant
10-26-2015, 04:50 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/ForHonor/CA1/assets/FH_CA_announce_asset_600.jpg

Hello everyone!

We are happy to announce that our Closed Alpha will take place from October 30th to November 1st , 2015.

This multiplayer Closed Alpha, on PC only, will help us test our core gameplay mechanics and fighting system, while gathering feedback that will ensure the best possible experience at launch.

It will host a limited number of players, all under NDA, that weve already selected amongst fans who have registered on our website. The content being tested is only a small portion of the game, part of a bigger scope that will be revealed later.

We will share with you some insights on the main findings of this Closed Alpha when its over.

- The For Honor Team

Dead1y-Derri
10-26-2015, 05:07 PM
Thanks for informing us SpaceElephant :)

Ultoman2
10-26-2015, 05:39 PM
Let me start by saying I'm EXTREMELY excited for this game. The gameplay and setting look to be exactly what I've wanted in a game for years, and from the small amount of E3 footage the game looked flawless.

With that said, earlier today I noticed I received an email with regards to signing up for Closed Alpha, and that I would be needing to signing for an NDA and whatnot. However, upon clicking the email and logging in with the correct email account that is associated with my Uplay, it greets me with a big YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ACCESS TO THIS PAGE.

Now, I realize your job isn't to troubleshoot, but if everyone is experiencing this issue it would be a little problematic for your sign up process! If you have any information regarding this, I'd love to know! I would really enjoy being able to play this game as soon as possible!

Thank you for your time.

Alphacos007
10-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Nice, I'm honored to have been invited! It was a surprise to read the e-mail a few minutes ago.

I already have an issue before we even start though :p
I can't access the closed alpha forums, when I try to follow the link to it, I get an error message saying that my account is not allowed to access that forum.

Adam__Beckett
10-26-2015, 05:48 PM
"Pour l'honneur et pour la croix!"

... also, Fight Club rules apply. So *shhh*

TrieTraTrulala
10-26-2015, 05:55 PM
I have the same problem when I try to access the forums.
However, I just preloaded the alpha in uplay and should be ready to go on friday :cool:
Can't wait! Thx for the invite!! ;)

Bantarific
10-26-2015, 05:59 PM
I was excited to see my alpha access in the mail today, but whenever I click on the link from my email to signup for the alpha, I get a message saying "You currently do not have access to this page." Any help would be appreciated :)

coma987
10-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Are you lot still sending out invitations? If I or none of my friends got in I would cry.

SpaceElephant
10-26-2015, 06:00 PM
If you have problems logging in the private forum, try again, it looks like it's working from the backend.

Alphacos007
10-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Nope, still getting the same message:

http://puu.sh/kYpRo/1fefa8ca1c.png

Adam__Beckett
10-26-2015, 06:09 PM
I was excited to see my alpha access in the mail today, but whenever I click on the link from my email to signup for the alpha, I get a message saying "You currently do not have access to this page." Any help would be appreciated :)

I don't know which web browser you are using. I would suggest, you login to ubi.com first and than click on the html email you received.

I myself had a hickup with the referring (due to my pop-up blockers!), but it finally worked. From the invitation email, to the 'sign up' website, to the procedure and NDA agreement ... all works out in a step-by-step process, eventually. Good luck.

SpaceElephant
10-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Try again!

Soundneko
10-26-2015, 06:35 PM

Same issue, tried multiple times on IE and Chrome (default). Turned off ad blocks to be sure and still nothing. Tried logging out on the website and clicking it, tried being logged in on the website and still nothing.

Alphacos007
10-26-2015, 06:37 PM
Try again!

Sorry mate, still same error.

SpaceElephant
10-26-2015, 06:50 PM
I manually added you Alphacos007 ... that's weird. For any Alpha page issue, submit a customer support ticket, we will investigate :

1. Go to the http://support.ubisoft.com page
2. Select Windows (PC logo)
3. (You should now click on the “For Honor” game but is not listed for now so…)
4. Go to “Advanced Search”
5. Select “Ask a Question” in the top menu
6. Select “PC” in the platform list
7. Select “For Honor” in the game list
8. Fill the rest of the support form and send your request

JCLetsPlay
10-26-2015, 06:59 PM
I have the same issue with the "Can't Access this Page." and have submitted a support ticket.

rokenze
10-26-2015, 07:00 PM
got the same error :(

SpaceElephant
10-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys, it seems to work for most people but we are investigating the issue.
Sending a ticket is the best way to let us know it's not working :)

Alphacos007
10-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Even with your manual addition, I still get that error, it's really weird :nonchalance:

Dez_troi_aR
10-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Cool to see that the game makes progress :)
Will there be footage of the players allowed to participate ? You know... videos n stuff

Awesomedudei
10-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! Finally it's here :)

Dead1y-Derri
10-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Cool to see that the game makes progress :)
Will there be footage of the players allowed to participate ? You know... videos n stuff

Since its under NDA, they probably won't be allowed to show anything or they'll be limited in what they can show I'd imagine but SpaceElephant or Ubi-San would be the people to ask.

Captn_Teemo
10-26-2015, 09:56 PM
Thank You for inviting me to the closed alpha. As return I'll try to give as much feedback as possible :)

To be honest I almost forgot about this game, but then I got your Invitation:D.

Kenji_Hattori
10-26-2015, 10:33 PM
OMG THANK GOD!! I wanna get in so badly! I hope i do, when can i expect the invitation if i do get one?

coma987
10-26-2015, 10:56 PM
OMG THANK GOD!! I wanna get in so badly! I hope i do, when can i expect the invitation if i do get one?

A lot of people got them already. A lot of us didn't. We have to pray to cheesus. I am asking SpaceElephant about the invitations on Reddit so come over.

Kahbuki
10-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Awesome! Been waiting for this for a long time! So happy for Alpha :D

TheEnglishGent
10-27-2015, 12:06 AM
That annoying moment when you get invited to the closed Alpha, but you won't be able to play :(

Dead1y-Derri
10-27-2015, 12:13 AM
That annoying moment when you get invited to the closed Alpha, but you won't be able to play :(

Why is that?

coma987
10-27-2015, 12:26 AM

Wanna gimme your account :p

TheEnglishGent
10-27-2015, 12:37 AM
Why is that?

Well I've not got a PC to play it on yet, and I'll be working on the 31st. I'd planned to build one ready for The Division's beta at the start of 2016, but I've been held back by money at the moment. Absolutely gutted to receive the email when I'm not up and running!

Wanna gimme your account :p

Ha... definitely not! Sorry.

Kaizen_Zanshin
10-27-2015, 02:21 AM
Here's hoping that all of us get a crack at the alpha :cool:

MisterWillow
10-27-2015, 02:22 AM
on PC only

Booooooooooooo!

Just kidding... kinda. :p

Glad to see development's coming along. Hopefully the Beta won't be far behind (and include us console peasants :D).

Dez_troi_aR
10-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Booooooooooooo!

Just kidding... kinda. :p

Glad to see development's coming along. Hopefully the Beta won't be far behind (and include us console peasants :D).

Amen to that !

gh0stshades
10-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Hi and thx for alpha invitation.

Just wondering if this invitation is for an extended time or if it's only the two days that were announced?
If you're stressing the servers that's a good time frame but for bug reporting and feedback I'm hoping we're going to help you all the way to release.

I'm guessing you're just being cautious at this stage and that there will be alpha/beta in waves with fixes in between

Thx in advance

gh0stshades

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/oL4Uiu_g_ZM/hqdefault.jpg

Arkmuth
10-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Not in the alpha test, but I'm glad to see it will be on PC, that will help make sure it will work ok for us PC users. By the way, the NDA will also include how controls work for KB&M? I wanna know....

coma987
10-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Not in the alpha test, but I'm glad to see it will be on PC, that will help make sure it will work ok for us PC users. By the way, the NDA will also include how controls work for KB&M? I wanna know....

Is controller only, no Mouse and keyboard. I didn't get in either so right now so desperate that I am asking people if they are willing to spare their account to me.

Dead1y-Derri
10-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Is controller only, no Mouse and keyboard. I didn't get in either so right now so desperate that I am asking people if they are willing to spare their account to me.

Some sites are actually selling Uplay account information. Its getting quite bizarre.

WYRDB0Y
10-27-2015, 06:27 PM
Are there invites being sent out still or are they all sent out?

Asiek777
10-27-2015, 06:28 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I won't have any time to play in these days. I'd like to apply to the next alpha part.

WHY NOW?

coma987
10-27-2015, 07:25 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I won't have any time to play in these days. I'd like to apply to the next alpha part.

WHY NOW?

Want a triple A game for borrowing me your account for the duration of the Alpha? https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/3qfgwb/trading_an_account_with_mad_max_for_an_account/

Arkmuth
10-27-2015, 07:42 PM

What??? No mouse? Then that won't be a real PC test, I'm better off then, I wouldn't buy a controller for a weekend...

Dead1y-Derri
10-27-2015, 07:55 PM
What??? No mouse? Then that won't be a real PC test, I'm better off then, I wouldn't buy a controller for a weekend...

The reason they picked PC first is because it offers better control, maximum use of the time they've got and its also better for specific technical reasons (I asked Emile this) and therefore they decided PC would be good for a first alpha test.

I personally think they're going with controller because they perhaps haven't progressed the game far enough to have full M+KB support built in. But obviously it will be available at launch. Plus the Alpha is only running for a couple of days at this point.

Quikkfeet
10-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Very sad I wasn't chosen, I've been a member since day 1, writing posts on forums, the Facebook page and making Tweets :/ I still can't wait for this game. My number 1 wanted game on my ps4. Good luck to those who got in and be sure to make plenty of posts on the forum on how the Alpha turns out. Thanks.

coma987
10-27-2015, 11:09 PM
Very sad I wasn't chosen, I've been a member since day 1, writing posts on forums, the Facebook page and making Tweets :/ I still can't wait for this game. My number 1 wanted game on my ps4. Good luck to those who got in and be sure to make plenty of posts on the forum on how the Alpha turns out. Thanks.

I know how it feels man.

TheEnglishGent
10-28-2015, 12:16 AM

Well For Honor is being designed for use with controllers - They want you to be able to really feel and control the swing of your weapon. Something that's not really possible with just a mouse. That's probably why they're testing controllers-only this time. They want to make sure they work properly with the game, and if they work on PC, they're going to work on Xbox and PS4 as well.

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed, but we don't actually know what made Ubisoft choose who they did!
Some of us have been supporting Ubisoft for much longer than just this game, so that may be a reason for us being chosen, but we just don't know. Stay active though, you never know when they'll need someone out of the blue ;)

Quikkfeet
10-28-2015, 02:10 AM
For sure, i'm staying positive.

Arkmuth
10-28-2015, 02:13 PM
The reason they picked PC first is because it offers better control, maximum use of the time they've got and its also better for specific technical reasons (I asked Emile this) and therefore they decided PC would be good for a first alpha test.

I personally think they're going with controller because they perhaps haven't progressed the game far enough to have full M+KB support built in. But obviously it will be available at launch. Plus the Alpha is only running for a couple of days at this point.

Ok, thanks a lot for you reply, I'll patiently wait, I prefer to play with KBM, no, actually I only play that way because I like it, and if they plan to release it for PCs I really hope they don't plan on forcing on us a controller....

Diamondawg
10-29-2015, 04:13 AM
I guess it doesn't have one of those...PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET BETA ACCESS...kinda dealio's?

gokou12
10-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Do we know when the alpha will start?? What time i mean.

Super-Fluen
10-29-2015, 05:12 PM
A time when the servers are open and redy for us to test would be nice to know, since the mail dont say anything about it.. but i'll be sitting redy with Uplay open checking ;)

Haristess
10-29-2015, 05:23 PM
It starts tomorrow, the 30th, until the 1st. (friday to monday)
You should have received this as part of your email, before signing up to their NDA on the site.
Just dont know a time. Just keep checking back all throughout tomorrow i guess.

Super-Fluen
10-29-2015, 05:30 PM
It starts tomorrow, the 30th, until the 1st. (friday to monday)
You should have received this as part of your email, before signing up to their NDA on the site.
Just dont know a time. Just keep checking back all throughout tomorrow i guess.

Yes know the date from the mail, was the time on the day we can start :)

CERAMICWHITE
10-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Yes know the date from the mail, was the time on the day we can start :)

same I'm in the UK wanna play in six hours, lol.

Amei5e
10-29-2015, 08:26 PM
It says i dont fulfill the requierements to gain vision on the closed alpha boards. bug or am i doing something wrong?

varian_
10-30-2015, 01:18 AM
Yes yes yes !!!!!!!!

PepperyManatee
10-30-2015, 01:34 AM
Cant wait to play this game hopefully I get in this weekend

SuperJ246
10-30-2015, 01:38 AM
I have been waiting to play test this game for months now. I have a rocking computer and I also have a controller handy. Plus I have a 3 day weekend with nothing but time to kill. I hope its not to late to get that confirmation email, because if it is Ill be sad until the next test date.

Kapstn
10-30-2015, 01:46 AM
I would love to play this game!

ShadozeBR
10-30-2015, 02:08 AM
Im not in... Thats sad, buts its life, there will be more opportunities, im sure =] - "Brasil - For Honor"

TwitchTv-oshho
10-30-2015, 03:20 AM
The hypeeeee!

FJKO
10-30-2015, 05:00 AM
weekend will be nice for some of us :D

good luck everone

ICE JARL
10-30-2015, 09:05 AM
I'd love to get involved with this. I would like to be able to give some first hand feedback, to my gaming clan, Ice Wolves Gaming, as we are looking to make a presence on "For Honor." Especially since "Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade" looks to be totally underwhelming and generally crap (not to mention over 12 months late.)

Lvl.Tim
10-30-2015, 11:12 AM
Hey,
I have a question!
I got an email that i am part of the closed aplha and i instantly downloaded the game :D Now its the 30 oct. and i want to play it but i cant! There is a test version but it neeeds a code and i did not got any code ;(
So my question is: How do i start it? Do i need a code? Yes? Where do i get this code?

Thanks for reading

robbi22
10-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Delete

TorLiN95
10-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Can some1 of you start the game? It is 1pm but it is still not awelabel...

ZoOMaRt
10-30-2015, 01:51 PM
good luck everone who got email !!

Maarchiali
10-30-2015, 02:19 PM
I can't play neither although it definetley is after 14 AM (EU). I also don't have access to the forums (Before I simply thought it'd be locked till the alpha started)

Dez_troi_aR
10-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Will there be any informations for us non-alpha-players about the current state of the game ? I know noone participating is allowed to show footage but we will get some kind of impressions, right ? In which form will that happen ?

Adam__Beckett
10-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Sorry, if I sound dumb, but where is the 'closed alpha' ... 'closed' forum? I want to give feedback, but obviously not in public. Did I miss a link, or are you just gathering game data?

[edit]

I should have read, what the game says: www.forhonorgame.com/alpha redirects to the proper forum. Works now, for me!

vorvor52
10-30-2015, 03:26 PM
Same for me.

Got the invite e-mail days ago, downloaded the game, waited till today. Now's our time (EU)
All settings are good here, controller ok. BUT still can't join the game. The game keep crashing just a few seconds after pressing play in the luncher.

In the luncher, properties, I also have a test key to put if I want to access a test version. Is that the thing ? the password is not the key I was given.

Can't join the alpha forum as well to ask for any help, keep having the same unauthorised text.

ruffjohn67
10-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Hello everyone :)

I also have a problem here.
I signed the NDA, preload the game and already played some games without problem,
but when I go to the alpha forum, I got a message saying that I don't have the rights. :(

Hope you will fix this,
Thank you :)

PepperyManatee
10-30-2015, 10:31 PM
Wish i got in really want to play this game

Ray_207
10-31-2015, 01:24 AM
Awww! I've been following right? Where do I start?

Mr_Schmith
10-31-2015, 03:10 AM
I've been having issues with servers being down. Been trying to play all day logging in at different times but without any luck servers still down, anybody else having these issues?

Black27Shot
10-31-2015, 09:35 AM
really was hyped bout this game.. was lurking around it for some time... and i ddnt got an invite.. sad, sad times... anyways looking forward to it when it releases

skrillazoe
10-31-2015, 04:48 PM
My game doesn't launch after downloading and installing. Launch screen appears, says that it's installing directx then nothing happens after that...
Any fixes? Already uninstalled and verified files. GFX Card is up to date as well. Searched forums but can't find anything about it. Thanks

Specs:
Geforce GTX 970
Intel i7 4790k
16gb RAM
Running windows 10

UbiBooma
10-31-2015, 07:11 PM
Hi guys -- PM me if you cannot access the closed alpha forum and should have access. You should have access if you are verified on our list and have signed the NDA document.

DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ALPHA HERE. ONLY POST THEM IN THE ALPHA FORUMS. Thanks!

Booma

The__Fenrir
11-02-2015, 05:59 AM
a PC Game but I have to use a controller?? I know this will change in the future BUT... it's a PC! game. I am a mouse and keyboard man. Maybe the next round of testing will include me :(

Dez_troi_aR
11-02-2015, 12:18 PM
a PC Game but I have to use a controller?? I know this will change in the future BUT... it's a PC! game. I am a mouse and keyboard man. Maybe the next round of testing will include me :(

Well, the basic idea for the ForHonor game mechanic, the Art of Battle, with the stances on the left and the sword on the right stick comes from the console controller. So i'd guess if you want to play forhonor on pc the best thing would be to buy a controller. But who knows, maybe they make a superb translation.

PetraCat
11-05-2015, 06:32 AM
Really can't say enough how much this game is going to be amazing! Enjoy the game friends!

~ Petracat09

The__Fenrir
11-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Well, the basic idea for the ForHonor game mechanic, the Art of Battle, with the stances on the left and the sword on the right stick comes from the console controller. So i'd guess if you want to play forhonor on pc the best thing would be to buy a controller. But who knows, maybe they make a superb translation.

I can convert that to keyboard and mouse just fine. And I know it will be added later. my frustration was with the Alpha invite I could not use.

Arkmuth
11-11-2015, 02:50 PM
I can convert that to keyboard and mouse just fine. And I know it will be added later. my frustration was with the Alpha invite I could not use.

Agree, besides mouse can do 'dragging' that can also feel like slashing with an sword... imho.

Forsseih
11-11-2015, 09:57 PM
i just found this game and i love it its everything u could want for a game i would like to alpha and beta test this game i have beta tested and alpha tested alot of games this game is the best hope i can play it soon thanks look forward to playing

guest-jKKdmTTv
11-28-2015, 06:38 AM
I have been waiting to play test this game for months now. I have a rocking computer and I also have a controller handy. Plus I have a 3 day weekend with nothing but time to kill. I hope its not to late to get that confirmation email, because if it is Ill be sad until the next test date.

coma987
11-28-2015, 12:14 PM

I think you should look at the date on the first page...

emerica778
12-15-2015, 01:29 AM
May the sadness flow within him.

The_Pope_MCMXC
01-31-2016, 12:14 PM
Bring on the BETA!

Just out of curiosity, has everybody already pre-ordered For Honour, or are they waiting if there will be a release other than the "Standard"?

Lerneros
03-04-2016, 01:02 AM
or are they waiting if there will be a release other than the "Standard"?

This for me ;)
Otherwise I would already have set the pre-order ;)

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 08:55 AM
inspiration. Things over european girls

safety and security and then definitely like are creativeness things euro kids want to have in romantic relationship. just in case all search thousands in unique softwares, scan through women's meeting places, We will see that a very powerful obligation to a possible woman could be described as consistency. the bulk of birdes-to-be charmdate.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGCiRf0kEkE) state that: "i'd like to see charmdate.com (https://vimeo.com/88852709) my personal future husband to enjoy and entirely grasp my routine,

widely recognized necessitie result from in the womens surveys is going to be "in financial terms locate, A foregn guy doesn't need to be very wealthy and still have a six figure annual net income. Having a comfortable job is a useful one. more suitable your financial situation, these a bit less troubles a comedian will probably have in future. this would mean, A fianc probably a stable job and then provide for a family for at least 3.

often the ladies earnings are not full off the ussr, But it doesn't suggest that euro gals need your hard earned dollar. They need to make sure every outlasting hardly goes wrong with them and as well,as well as the their loved ones in the us alone. A european wife will certainly support you through much become along with good fortune, Whether proceeding on the rocks or else touch a pay dirt. however,though nobody wants get started with a serious relationship via an discharged loser.

in the beginning fianc's suitable budgeting set up will likely charmdate.com (https://secure.qpidnetwork.com/help/faqs.php) attract a russian brides. the software seriously worth improving. however now another important factors do score. A human relationship delivers successfully when it requires predominately psychological issue. nearly all of women is designed to not allow luxurious men with a huge salary in favor of charmdate (https://plus.google.com/+charmdate) a regular men, assuming young women for example,that these businesses extra i believe. housewives want to impression safeguard and more comfortable.

fascination with european ladies consist of investment. granted that long distance romance don't bother to build significant feeling without having having chance for being along side each other in the future, the women have got to have confidence you will be ready offer this process commitment. If you're not purchasing a marriage affiliate, ruskies female isn't going to require they critically.

waraidako
07-20-2016, 10:18 AM
I hope the next alpha, or beta, or whatever they'll go with, is not PC only like the one last year. IIRC you could sign up for any of the 3 platforms, so limiting it would mean they basically tricked everyone who signed up for consoles. That's not cool.

Runic
07-20-2016, 10:20 PM
I hope the next alpha, or beta, or whatever they'll go with, is not PC only like the one last year. IIRC you could sign up for any of the 3 platforms, so limiting it would mean they basically tricked everyone who signed up for consoles. That's not cool.

Agreed. Between the first alpha being PC only, and the rewards program being open to the US only I am starting to feel alienated by this game. I am still annoyed at Evolve for screwing over console gamers, not keen to go through that again.

xxFratosxx
07-21-2016, 10:57 AM
Here we go again with the PC only beta's. Why does this out of every major company do this to consoles? I'm about to wash my hands with ubisoft. Got a console but can't play the games. Just watch other people play them like a lil 8 year old watch tv. Come on ubisoft. You scared or something? I better get a discount for xbox if I don't get the same satisfaction as PC user's.

Willaguy2010
07-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Here we go again with the PC only beta's. Why does this out of every major company do this to consoles? I'm about to wash my hands with ubisoft. Got a console but can't play the games. Just watch other people play them like a lil 8 year old watch tv. Come on ubisoft. You scared or something? I better get a discount for xbox if I don't get the same satisfaction as PC user's.

You realize this was posted last year in October? No news regarding alphas or betas have been released since except that the next one will be coming soon.

Dead1y-Derri
07-23-2016, 02:44 PM
Since this was from October and some people are mistaking this as a recent Alpha, I will go ahead and lock this thread as the event is now over with. Please all stay up to date with these forums for future announcements of Alpha's/Betas.