PDA

View Full Version : Weapon stats?

JKooch66
10-26-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm having a hard time figuring out which weapons to use and it doesn't really explain much about the differences between them. I read that the knuckles have the fastest attack speed, but what about the other two??

Also, what do the stats even mean? I assume attack is just damage per hit but what do lethality and stun do??

EscoBlades
10-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Lethality refers to the minimum amount of helth an enemy would need to be at before being considered "near death". As such, the higher the lethality stat on a weapon, the faster (less successful strikes needed) you can get them into a near death state. That is of course balanced by...

The Attack stat, which simply refers to the amount of Base damage your equipped weapon will do to an enemy.

The Stun stat refers to the amount of time a series of successful hits will stun an enemy (prevent them from returning to a normal state to attack you). Stun is especially useful when facing groups of enemies as this allows for better crowd control.

JKooch66
10-26-2015, 02:38 PM
Lethality refers to the minimum amount of helth an enemy would need to be at before being considered "near death". As such, the higher the lethality stat on a weapon, the faster (less successful strikes needed) you can get them into a near death state. That is of course balanced by...

The Attack stat, which simply refers to the amount of Base damage your equipped weapon will do to an enemy.

The Stun stat refers to the amount of time a series of successful hits will stun an enemy (prevent them from returning to a normal state to attack you). Stun is especially useful when facing groups of enemies as this allows for better crowd control.

Thanks for the quick and detailed response. Lethality and attack make sense, and even seem to go hand in hand and seem slightly redundant, especially considering only three stats. One determining how much damage is dealt and the other how much needs to be dealt.

Stun makes sense the way you explained it, though I've played quite a bit and off the top of my head, even with the cane, I can't really remember anyone being "stunned". In groups I'll generally focus on one enemy until he is "near death" or until he starts blocking but I've never "stunned" anyone then moved onto the next while he was stunned. Maybe I am missing it, I dunno.

Which weapons do you prefer for each character and why?

EscoBlades
10-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Personally, I started off favouring Cane Swords in the early game. However, later on, I switched to Kukris (coupled with certain skills and perks, you can dispatch enemies very quickly). They are great for setting up multi kill finishers :)

JKooch66
10-26-2015, 02:51 PM
Personally, I started off favouring Cane Swords in the early game. However, later on, I switched to Kukris (coupled with certain skills and perks, you can dispatch enemies very quickly). They are great for setting up multi kill finishers :)

Thanks. I'll probably keep the cane with one and switch the other from the knucks to the kukris. The knuckles seem just ok.