Nice video , highlighting day night cycle

Wolfmeister1010
10-26-2015, 03:07 AM
...eh

killzab
10-26-2015, 08:25 AM
This shows one of my biggest issues with the game :

Nights are too bright !

At the beginning I thought it was just dark weather until I looked up and saw a moon as bright as the sun.

Thye should've darkened them much more...

BananaBlighter
10-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Have you guys had the time of day and weather suddenly switch from cloudy night to bright day? Was really weird when it happened to me, sorta immersion breaking.

flyin-bart
10-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Great video......

I'm enjoying Syndicate and loving London, the detail is really stunning in this game. All the little details going on (wont mention the ones ive spotted as it can be a spoiler) but I have been wondering about the time of day cycle and how this works in the game.

Heres what Ive found out.....

During the day time passes much slower, however it seems to be linked to how much your character is moving about within the world. If you stand still near a clock and watch it for a while, it looks like it's stopped. If you walk and watch the clock it moves very slowly, if you run the clock moves much quicker!. At night the clock zipps around, irrespective of whether you move or not, making night time feel much shorter than the day light hours, until you reach 5am then the daylight rules kick in and what I said earlier becomes active.

I guess this is by design but I agree with the comment above that nights seem very light, or is it our assassin has cat vision where the darkest of nights look a lot lighter?? It's going to be interesting when they release the "Jack The Ripper" campaign to see if the time of day model is adjusted slightly as at the moment the night time darkness hours go way too quickly for me.

Thoughts anyone? Has someone else found a pattern to how the game handles time of day?