PDA

View Full Version : Let us choose the default launch screen

SleepySticks
10-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Specifically I'd like to choose to default to showing only Installed Games as the default screen when I launch UPlay, but people should be able to choose any basic "tab" in the client as the default screen shown.
News, Games (choice of My Games or Installed at minimum), and Shop are the obvious choices.
Both Steam and Origin offer this option, and it's one of the more annoying issues with UPlay in my mind AND one of the easiest to fix. :rolleyes:

Also, for the record, I did try searching for similar threads on the forum and didn't find any, but if I missed a similar request I apologize.

armbrust11
10-27-2015, 01:25 AM
yeah, its kind of a nuisance to have to switch to my games all the time. Also having my friend list in separate window.

maybe if there was a side-bar with both my friends list and the latest news that is also collapsible for other people who literally only want to see their games

RdJ1
10-27-2015, 11:47 AM
I agree as well, especially would like it if Uplay stayed with the installed games. I don't need to see the games I don't have installed every time, I won't play them anyway.

nytiger73
10-27-2015, 02:06 PM
I was going to log in and suggest this as well. Every other client has this simple, quality of life feature, and UPlay does not. Make it happen UBI!

Ubi-Cain
11-17-2015, 04:57 PM
Hi Folks,

We added this option in our latest release. You now have the option to pick between News, Games and your last played game as the default starting page while launching the client.
The option can be found in the "General" section of the settings menu.

nytiger73
11-18-2015, 02:15 AM
This is a great update, but there is still the issue where the client isn't remembering the views that it was previously in. I like that it at least starts in the Games view, now it just needs to remember how you have your library filtered. Please make it so that you can leave it on the "Installed' filter so that I don't have to do this each time I log into UPlay. You're almost there. Keep up the great work. I like that you guys are listening to the community and implementing changes based on our feedback.

Fireseed
11-19-2015, 08:48 AM
Hey,

want to see my selected favorites on startup. Please give us this option too :)