PDA

View Full Version : PC far cry stopped working

DarkdevilZz13
10-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Everytime I lauch Far cry 3 From steam it starts the game but then it just crashes telling me "Far cry 3 Has stopped working" I've tryed everything but cant play...Help me please!

COTIVITY
10-31-2015, 01:33 AM
I too have this issue, and have un/reinstalled multiple times...changed every single in-game setting and have updated ALL drivers. I have a new rig and use Nvidia card. Th game boots just fine and even runs super smooth and either 5 - 20 minutes later, it ctashes with the "stopped working" message.

malt2009
12-22-2015, 12:19 AM
Go to your documents, My Games, Far Cry 3.
Delete the GamerProfile.
Open uplay and go to proterties under far cry 3, verify your files and start far cry.
This worked for me, and i hope it will work for you guys too

playlisting
01-03-2016, 06:00 AM
I had this issue as well. I assume you'll want to be running the game in DX11 mode, so go into the Far Cry 3 folder, right click on farcry3_d3d11.exe and click send to > desktop (create shortcut). Then launch the game through the shortcut and it should work

dlevent
01-24-2016, 07:50 PM
yeah i bought farcry3 two days ago and then i installed uplay last application on my desktop pc (win7 ultimate) also installed game four times also i registered this game on uplay but i couldnt play so this game not starting anymore!!

thx ubisoft!!
It was just so bad for me to give money to the box of this game
close your company unless they can not service to players and also give up to search all problems because of the players
because we dont have problems!!

Agent_G4MR
03-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Hey there,

try to open the Task Manger, go to service, search for tabletinputservice, stop this service and try to start FC3.
In my case that worked pretty well and ive just finished the game some days ago. I had the same problem with the message "Far cry 3 Has stopped working" after like 10 minutes of playing. After ive stopped the service the game had no crashes anymore (Windows 10)

Best Regards

TheMouseIsDown
03-10-2016, 10:26 PM
My computer is a desktop and I do not have a touch screen monitor, so the tabletinputservice in Windows 10 was already off/disabled by default and not running.

The fix I found on the forums that worked was to set the file FC3updaterSteam.exe that is located in the Far Cry 3\bin folder to use Windows 7 compatibility. Game launched like a charm for me after that.

game_lord75
05-04-2016, 06:08 PM
My computer is a desktop and I do not have a touch screen monitor, so the tabletinputservice in Windows 10 was already off/disabled by default and not running.

The fix I found on the forums that worked was to set the file FC3updaterSteam.exe that is located in the Far Cry 3\bin folder to use Windows 7 compatibility. Game launched like a charm for me after that.

Hi there,
I tried to find the .exe which you had mentioned, but unfortunately i didn't found any named exactly. Here I'm attaching some images to get better understanding of the scenario. The exe which i found was FC3updater.exe.
Kindly see the image ,also there isn't any option for compatibility in this .exe.

Link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1DhfDICM3JEZXlodWF2VU84aTQ

Link 2 (properties of.exe) - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1DhfDICM3JEYUhBTXg3VXFSMEk

VipAsparuh
09-18-2016, 03:17 AM
Go to your documents, My Games, Far Cry 3.
Delete the GamerProfile.
Open uplay and go to proterties under far cry 3, verify your files and start far cry.
This worked for me, and i hope it will work for you guys too

Thx good workcool :cool

aiaman61
12-24-2016, 07:26 PM
ok, so I am not playing FC4 but I like the 1st one and after reading about the series I decided I would get a box game for FC3.
I said box because thats what I used to play years ago, you install and go.
So thats what I did and seems that I need to open Uplay to run the game? I tried using the EXE file but it opens to UPlay anyway.

So I start the game and I get to whe screen where the various types of guns are shown in the center in grey.
I think this is the initial load screen but then I get a message box that says the game as stopped working.
So what's up?

got a brand new MSI GE72VR, all drivers updated, everything transferred from old laptop and I want to play a game.
How can I get this working?

I'd appreciate any help, I got a week off and want to be able to play, frustrated

so I deleted my profile and still not working.
now I'm reinstalling to my ssd, hope that fixes it ;(

aiaman61
12-24-2016, 09:03 PM
ok, so I am not playing FC4 but I like the 1st one and after reading about the series I decided I would get a box game for FC3.
I said box because thats what I used to play years ago, you install and go.
So thats what I did and seems that I need to open Uplay to run the game? I tried using the EXE file but it opens to UPlay anyway.

So I start the game and I get to whe screen where the various types of guns are shown in the center in grey.
I think this is the initial load screen but then I get a message box that says the game as stopped working.
So what's up?

got a brand new MSI GE72VR, all drivers updated, everything transferred from old laptop and I want to play a game.
How can I get this working?

I'd appreciate any help, I got a week off and want to be able to play, frustrated

so I deleted my profile and still not working.
now I'm reinstalling to my ssd, hope that fixes it ;(

ok, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing and the files aren't recognized. OK, whats next? toss it in the trash?

aiaman61
12-27-2016, 01:26 PM
ok, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing and the files aren't recognized. OK, whats next? toss it in the trash?

well I had a great chat with a Ubisoft tech. Seems my new laptop had a bunch of bloatware I wasn't aware about. Once I followed her instructions and shut off some services I see that it runs perfectly. Thanks for the help!

gonzjcab
01-22-2017, 12:37 AM
I have the same problem. I have a notebook with I7 and 2,5 GHz, 16 GB ram and Nvidia GT 940M with 2GB. My OS is Windows10. Anyone can help me? I couldn't play this game correctly yet.

WID992007
01-22-2017, 02:04 AM
do you have win 10 ?

try this ..

press windows Key + x

open task manager

open the services tab

click name in the upper right to put them in aphabetic order

look for tablet input service
right clik on it and select stop

then if you need touch screen services after you are done playing the game do the same thing except select start the service

i killed that when i did my initial win 10 install .. i already killed it by opening
action center
open all settings
open system
select tablet mode
move both sliders to the Left
under options there i see
when i sign in - use the appropriate mode for my hardware (or desktop mode)
when this device automatically switches to tablet mode
is set to always ask before switching

again my PC does not have any touch screen installed ,so i shut that all off months ago when i did my initial Windows 10 Pro installation

1) Open task manager
2) Go to "Details" tab
3) Stop TabTip.exe

also try launching both Steam as well as Uplay as run as Administrator

alelon
02-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Simply this **** does not work anymore in multiplayer and coop. The sinlge player works.
I have Farcry4 and works well except the connection fails often (but the Fc4 multiplayer is much less enjoying of FC3).
I think it is just a problem of Uplay servers and they don't want or succeed in solving the problem.
Maybe FC3 has been abandoned.
http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/mad.png

jejer007
09-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Hey there,

try to open the Task Manger, go to service, search for tabletinputservice, stop this service and try to start FC3.
In my case that worked pretty well and ive just finished the game some days ago. I had the same problem with the message "Far cry 3 Has stopped working" after like 10 minutes of playing. After ive stopped the service the game had no crashes anymore (Windows 10)

Best Regards

I own a GPD Win and now Far Cry 3 works fine, thank you very much !