PDA

View Full Version : AEP does NOT find my installation of IL2FB v.1.22

RAF_Aero
03-05-2004, 12:28 AM
I have a bare bones stock install of IL2FB. What I mean is that I do not run a no CD crack....all by the book.

I went to install AEP tonight and the first thing that caused concern is that the autorun did not work.

When I broused to the cd, I double clicked on the install.exe file...nothing happened. I had to right click on it and choose open.

The install shield started up but I received an error saying that it could not find my IL2FB installation.

My CD is stock, it is not a copy. I can post screenies to verify. Like I say, I don't even run the crack. The IL2FB install is in the default location. I tried it on both my CD drives so it isn't a drive problem. I tryes loading IL2FB, shutting down the game and then trying an upgrade...no joy.

What is the fix please.

Win98 P4 2.4

Cheers,
RAF_Aero
www.raf662.com (http://www.raf662.com)

RAF_Aero
03-05-2004, 12:28 AM
I have a bare bones stock install of IL2FB. What I mean is that I do not run a no CD crack....all by the book.

I went to install AEP tonight and the first thing that caused concern is that the autorun did not work.

When I broused to the cd, I double clicked on the install.exe file...nothing happened. I had to right click on it and choose open.

The install shield started up but I received an error saying that it could not find my IL2FB installation.

My CD is stock, it is not a copy. I can post screenies to verify. Like I say, I don't even run the crack. The IL2FB install is in the default location. I tried it on both my CD drives so it isn't a drive problem. I tryes loading IL2FB, shutting down the game and then trying an upgrade...no joy.

What is the fix please.

Win98 P4 2.4

Cheers,
RAF_Aero
www.raf662.com (http://www.raf662.com)

LEXX_Luthor
03-05-2004, 01:00 AM
I had to install FB 1.0 again, in the default folder. Then it worked. Then I used Oleg's fix to get the V~1 in FMB. Try the 1.0 again.

"I don't have the V2 or B25s, so I'm going to reinstall" ~Bearcat99
"If sky chimp is satisfied [P38], then I'm convinced its ok" ~Menthol_moose

Oleg_Maddox
03-05-2004, 02:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAF_Aero:

What is the fix please.

Win98 P4 2.4

Cheers,
RAF_Aero
http://www.raf662.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you did read my post about it and all is fine, then because you switched off autorun you need to click on auorun.exe instead of setup.exe