PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and a quick question on animations

RzaRecta357
10-24-2015, 12:31 AM
Howdy! So been a member since before AC2. Some of you may remember me... Don't post that often anymore. AC1 is still my favorite and I always loved how they had Desmonds face but understand the chance. Then I loved how they all had Altairs walk when you held the button. Was hoping it was intentional but then you knew it was just lazy transfering of the "skeleton" between games.

Arno's finally changed as even Edward with his own stride did it when fast walking. Curious if Jacob has Arno's run? From what I seen I don't think so but because of the terrible system in Unity I've only played it once as opposed to 50 times like the rest.

Anyway, absolutely loving the game. Protagonists are amazing and the gameplay feels better for the most part. More like the missing things were gone. Movement during loading and amazing post death conversations that look visually cooler than ever? Yes PLEASE!

For us Legacy nerds it seems like we're finally getting some recognition also. I know Initiates fell apart and I've been quite busy.. Do they have anything new like this? Was kinda disappointed there was no companion app even though Unity's was terrible compared to Black Flag.

Anyway... I was curious.. Do Jacob and Evie have seperate kill animations? Like for the canes and what not? Sometimes I think I see something new but then I think I may of seen it with the other.

So, same or different? Same with a few different ones each?

ProdiGurl
10-24-2015, 12:43 AM
I'm the same way, haven't posted much in forever and I do remember you!! I'm so happy to hear you're liking this game. I'm 90% sure I'm buying it tomorrow as soon as GameStop's door opens
Hopefully I can contribute more here after playing some. Good to see you again :cool:

RzaRecta357
10-24-2015, 12:48 AM
I'm the same way, haven't posted much in forever and I do remember you!! I'm so happy to hear you're liking this game. I'm 90% sure I'm buying it tomorrow as soon as GameStop's door opens
Hopefully I can contribute more here after playing some. Good to see you again :cool:

Oh I definitely remember you :).

Yes, so far it's got a few things I know we missed. Conversations? Check and definitely cool. Fighting feels good. AMBIENT MUSIC IS BACK! Protagonists are cool. Templars are heavy. P.o.E's.

And without spoilers... There is no modern day gameplay from what I can tell... But the CGI honestly sort of makes up for it as it's something interesting and nostalgic. Also, if you know your Project Legacy.. This may lead to something.

In fact.. Once this is all said and done I have a sneaking suspicion about Assassin's creed FIVE straight up.

ProdiGurl
10-24-2015, 01:29 AM
You don't know how thrilled I am to hear ambient music is back... I don't know why it's so important to me for this game series.... but it's like hollow & empty without it.
The 2 locations I was most interested in the setting being in were either London or Ancient Egypt so that's another reason I was especially interested in ACS.
Thanks for your hints, I hope to be back asap to share notes. Enjoy your gameplay =0)

RzaRecta357
10-24-2015, 05:55 AM
You don't know how thrilled I am to hear ambient music is back... I don't know why it's so important to me for this game series.... but it's like hollow & empty without it.
The 2 locations I was most interested in the setting being in were either London or Ancient Egypt so that's another reason I was especially interested in ACS.
Thanks for your hints, I hope to be back asap to share notes. Enjoy your gameplay =0)

Haha yeah I actually specifically remember you getting upset in a topic we were in about the ambient music in one of the games BEFORE Unity I think. Maybe it was Unity but I think it was further back than that.

I also really wanted London and the time period they chose just tops it for me. Egypt would be amazing also.