PDA

View Full Version : How are people feeling?? :confused:

mattdeluca
10-23-2015, 08:36 AM
Hello Fellow Assassinís

I am a massive fan of Assassinís Creed having most collectorsí editions and other novelty items.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the franchise has strayed away from the original story that made Assassinís Creed? Donít get me wrong, I still love the games but when playing the new games, I canít help but think,

Where has Assassinís Creed gone?
Where are the references to Those Who Came Before?
Where are the references to the Pieces of Eden?
If the Pieces of Eden and Those Who Came Before are now longer a part of the story, should the world now not be safe from the upcoming disaster? And the franchise finished?
How have/did Edward Kenway, Arno and now Jacob inherit eagle vision?
How are Templars using the Aminus to search through ancestors memories? And whoís memories now that Desmond is no longer with us?

The newer games now just seem to be a war between Assassinís and Templars. I feel the creators are now maybe under a bit of pressure to keep the franchise going and that they are creating a character, plonking them into an era, taking a few famous people from that era and making them fight. The legacy titles with Altair and Ezio I feel were leaps ahead of the newer games in relation to story.

Please, anyone correct me if Iím wrong on any of the above, Iím only human and I may have missed/misunderstood bits of the story. The intent of my post is to maybe create a healthy debate and for the creators to stop for a second, take a breathe and think about why people love this game and get back to their roots

Matt

HDinHB
10-23-2015, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, Matt!

Anytime anyone asks "Is it just me?" it's a clear sign they haven't read many of the threads here. You're new so you have an excuse, but if you read up a little you will find, with extremely rare exceptions, someone else feels the same way as you do about just about anything. You will find several posts in the first few pages from people who feel the series has strayed since the first few games, and some who think it strayed immediately after the first one. Go ahead. I'll wait hear while you go explore the forum.

Where has Assassinís Creed gone?

Right now, it's in 19th Century London.

Where are the references to Those Who Came Before?

Even Unity, which had almost no modern day story, had references to TWCB. Well, at least one, if you looked really hard for it.

Where are the references to the Pieces of Eden?

I've just started playing Syndicate, and not only is there a reference to a POE, I've already seen one.

"If the Pieces of Eden and Those Who Came Before are now longer a part of the story, should the world now not be safe from the upcoming disaster? "

If you mean the solar flare Minerva warned about in AC2, Desmond saved the world from that at the end of AC3.

And the franchise finished?

Huh?

How have/did Edward Kenway, Arno and now Jacob inherit eagle vision?

They explained in AC4 that (almost) anyone can learn to use eagle vision, but those with more first civ DNA pick it up easier. The Assassin's in AC4 were quite impressed with Edward's "gift."

"How are Templars using the Aminus to search through ancestors memories? And whoís memories now that Desmond is no longer with us?"

The Templars invented the Animus. After AC3, they used Desmond's DNA to relive his memories of Edward. After that, anyone could relive anyone else's genetic memories if they had a DNA sample through the Animus/Helix tech.