PDA

View Full Version : So Ubi cant release a title on Consoles & PC at same time?

Funkengreuven
10-23-2015, 04:17 AM
Or maybe it's not so amazing...PC is the only platform they can't release a game on without bugs... making the PC community wait another month for a AAA title is straight slap in the face... Screw u Ubisoft!

strigoi1958
10-23-2015, 04:45 AM
It's perfect timing... it suits the holidays in the US and it is the perfect time to buy presents a few weeks before christmas. I don't mind waiting, especially as the console sales of the game make the PC version hardly worth making... so I'm glad they make the effort for us.

awfitzwater
10-23-2015, 09:39 AM
I agree!!! I preorded that game because it was to be released 10/23/2015! NOT NOVEMBER 19! I will try to get a refund! RELEASE ALL GAMES ON ALL PLATFORMS ON THE SAME DATE!!!!! This is false advertisement!

Scystab
10-23-2015, 10:03 AM
At this point, is it still worth making a fuss about it? it's not like this is something new. Besides, atleast it's less than a month. Imagine not getting it for PC at all!

larrykop1967
10-23-2015, 11:58 AM
No it's not worth making a fuss, PC sales are lower because of the way Ubisoft treats the PC format, it's been like that for at least 10 years now really, most PC gamer's will be playing Fallout 4 on Nov 19th and will generally only buy a Ubisoft title when it's on sale or if it's free with a new gpu.

strigoi1958
10-23-2015, 03:08 PM
No.... ALL games unless specifically just made for pc sell vast amounts more on consoles than pc.... check vgchartz.com there isn't a pc game in the top 10. Console are built JUST to game so they buy games... and if a game works on 1 PS4 (or XB1 etc) it works on them all. PC have many purposes not just games and there are many different builds and components... PC sales may well beat console sales but so few are used as gaming pc... and even fewer are upgraded regularly enough to cope with the specification required by games. :(

AC2 is considered the best ac game..... it sold over 11 million on consoles... 560 thousand on pc... If I was a game company I'd say forget the PC it is full of conflicting hardware, full of conflicting software and people with 6 year old pc's complaining they cannot run this years game maxed out.
PC owners are the "poor" relatives... we act like we're the PC master race but the truth is... we're a problem that game companies choose to deal with... and if that means waiting 4 weeks to even get a game I'll wait... the other choice is to buy a console. :D

PC owners always demand better graphics higher resolution and more effects than consoles then people with £30 GT630 graphics cards ask why they cannot run a £60 game.....

bad2oad
10-23-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm seriously pissed, I've been trying to download the game since 7am this morning and uplay only gives me the "pre-ordered" flag.. I bet if I were to buy another copy I'd be able to download it... This really sux... what give Ubisoft?????

Misterscruff63
10-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Its not available for us pc user's until November 19th

bad2oad
10-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Its not available for us pc user's until November 19th

Another reason to not pre-order, In any case I realized my mistake after I posted...

Misterscruff63
10-23-2015, 05:30 PM
No.... ALL games unless specifically just made for pc sell vast amounts more on consoles than pc.... check vgchartz.com there isn't a pc game in the top 10. Console are built JUST to game so they buy games... and if a game works on 1 PS4 (or XB1 etc) it works on them all. PC have many purposes not just games and there are many different builds and components... PC sales may well beat console sales but so few are used as gaming pc... and even fewer are upgraded regularly enough to cope with the specification required by games. :(

AC2 is considered the best ac game..... it sold over 11 million on consoles... 560 thousand on pc... If I was a game company I'd say forget the PC it is full of conflicting hardware, full of conflicting software and people with 6 year old pc's complaining they cannot run this years game maxed out.
PC owners are the "poor" relatives... we act like we're the PC master race but the truth is... we're a problem that game companies choose to deal with... and if that means waiting 4 weeks to even get a game I'll wait... the other choice is to buy a console. :D

PC owners always demand better graphics higher resolution and more effects than consoles then people with £30 GT630 graphics cards ask why they cannot run a £60 game.....

Like it hit the nail on the head there bud :)

Spikey1989
10-23-2015, 05:53 PM
its has been known for months that PC release was going to be a month after cosole, read up before you buy.

true u can always dream for it to release at the same time but then we can really hope they have solved these before PC release: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1304490-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Launch-Day-Patch-Notes-PS4-amp-Xbox-One

charlot.g
10-24-2015, 12:28 AM
I agree with you.
I bought all AC games on release day and unity with pre-order but this time, I will crack the game. I'll not partcipate in their ****ty marketting strategy. Take example on CD Red Projekt, they didn't put any protection on their game because they knew if they do a good game, gamers will buy it.
Already in unity, and others ubi-games we have been insulted.
We play on pc because we pay for the best and not to be set aside because the ubisoft's action will not climb with solds on pc and because the consopoops can't buy a powerful pc.

strigoi1958
10-24-2015, 07:25 AM
Thanks for proving my PC master race point... it's a shame really... we're all gamers just on different platforms

larrykop1967
10-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Anybody who uses VGchartz to indicate PC sales instead of Steamspy, while criticizing PC gamers in the PC forum, then pretending to be one, doesn't have a point!.

All formats should be treated equally otherwise, the one that isn't, won't support the company as much, it's common sense really!.

strigoi1958
10-24-2015, 01:10 PM
I don't need to pretend to be a PC person, I've had a computer since 1984 how about you ? :D Anyone who cannot face facts and tries to devalue the overpowering point by trying to undermine the other person always fails as a credible person in any debate.

We are treated equally... we all get the game. and it doesn't bother me when consoles get it, I don't play on a console... it only concerns me if and when they will make it for us and when I can get it.
Don't like waiting... that's your problem, don't like waiting for PC games buy a console... don't like consoles... give up gaming. Problems solved.;)

Steamspy lists games sold on steam... VGchartz lists all sales...

stevej9
10-24-2015, 06:17 PM
I Pre-ordered the Big Ben edition back on the 12th May, but have received nothing? what the hell is going on? UPS site says delivery is now scheduled for end of the day Monday 26th October, 4 days after release, are you seriously trying to run a credible company?

RVSage
10-24-2015, 06:22 PM
wait which version did you order? PC version releases on Nov 19. If it is console you are in the wrong forum

larrykop1967
10-24-2015, 07:52 PM
VGchartz lists ONLY retail not digital, which accounts for at least 90% of all PC sales, surely you know that being a PC gamer, and i've been a PC gamer since 1995, Amiga before that, never owned Consoles, bought them for my kids, your posts seem a bit anti PC to me, :D

Your not using facts, sorry mate, using AC2 as an example for your argument means you don't remember the controversy that was introduced with that game, having to be always online just to play it and at the time not being allowed to play offline at all, which caused a lot of problems for quite a few people,

As for being treated equally, you have a strange notion of that imo, :D, lets see on PC

Nearly every AC delayed on PC, restrictive drm in the past,
Watchdogs graphics toned down and performance issues, after being shown better and told PC was the lead platform
GTA V, 18 months wait, you can't play offline
Batman Arkham Knight, still not on sale again yet on PC,
i could go on,

where as

Bethesda, Skyrim, on Steamspy 9.5 million sold
On your Vgchartz, Skyrim is 8.6 million 360 and 6 on PS3,

So Bethesda is proof if you treat PC gamers well, they will support the company, but i'm sure you already knew that right lol.

naumaan
10-24-2015, 08:30 PM
sometimes i really think i should go for a ps4 or an xbox one .... its cheaper but still ... the enjoyment of playing a game at pc is different

strigoi1958
10-24-2015, 11:16 PM
@LarryKop1967 did steamspy show more pc sales than consoles ? you didn't list all the figures ?

The sellers make the rules... don't want to log on to play ? don't buy... nobody puts a gun to consumers heads.... no controversy.

Being treated equally, yes they get it, we get it... they have a release date, we have a release date... as long as it gets here on THAT release date it is not delayed... Also you said people will buy it in the sale ... what difference does the release date matter if they are going to wait 6 or 12 months longer ?

If it was released a month early on pc's before consoles... would you refuse to play it until consoles got it... out of principle... no so it is just a case of entitlement.... and as we're not the biggest customers and more work needs putting in to it ... you are saying console games need to be delayed until the pc version is ready... why should the majority have to wait until the minority are ready ?

WatchDogs I had no performance issues although I heard it affected better GPU's than mine and graphics ... no bad game has ever been made better by improving graphics... and I buy the product as is... not the advert not the demo and not the trailer... ever had a big mac ? ever compared what we get in the box to the huge thing in the advert ? lol

As for Batman... do you want it released unready... and not working ? would you be at the front defending the game as a hit because it was released on time even though you couldn't play it ?

Also google Bethesda controversy :D I like Bethesda games but it doesn't make them any different from any other company.

larrykop1967
10-25-2015, 03:32 AM
@strigol1958, That's one of the biggest load of nonesense i have ever read lol,

i provided you with the figures the disproves your, "all games sell better on consoles" plus the "VGchartz includes all sales" rubbish and you can easily use google yourself to find out, but you don't want to do you, and the reason BATMAN WAS PULLED FROM SALE was because it WAS released unready!,

I don't buy games at full price if the company makes a bad PC port or delays the PC version, i will buy Syndicate at the price i think it's worth when i decide to, so NO it doesn't bother me waiting, you obviously don't understand the point!, YOU stated that everyone and all formats were treated equally! and basically PC gamers shouldn't even complain! but be thankful lol

Do you mean paid Mods?, well you wont know much about it anyway, but that's now not a controversy anymore as they listened to the community and stopped it quickly unlike other companies, and Bethesda have brought Mods to consoles as well, and they ARE releasing their game on the 3 formats at the same time.

Mods are not provided by Bethesda, just the ability to make them and use them easily, and they wern't charging everyone to use them, it was a choice for the mod authors, and i don't see how that controversy has anything to do with PC gamer's not being treated the same as Console gamer's lol

After reading your reply, there is no point trying to debate intelligently with you, you make things up and provide any old reason why your strange facts are right lol,

Enjoy your Console games :rolleyes:

strigoi1958
10-25-2015, 06:08 AM
You haven't posted any PC figures from steamspy... worried what they'll show ? or on there are pc sales making console sales look tiny ?

But Batman didn't get the release on time and it's not just 4 weeks behind the console version it is months... so why you would use that as a point I really don't know :D now make your mind up release the same time as consoles not ready or release when ready ? if you contradict yourself it's hard for me to get a word in :D

if it doesn't bother you waiting then why bother to post ?

Not paid mods... the legal action against people making android games and any game with fallout in the title.

If Bethesda are releasing games all on the same day... do you think they all just finished being made exactly the same time or do you think some format had to wait until the other was done ?

Jessigirl2013
10-25-2015, 01:09 PM
I personally don't care about delays of any sort as long as when its released its playable.;)

PCs do not have fixed hardware like consoles and so they have to ensure it can run on a variety of hardware. :rolleyes:
So it makes sense it takes longer.:rolleyes:

Since your on the PC forums I'm going to assume your talking about PC.

Which is out November 19....:rolleyes:

Haha :rolleyes:

"another reason not to pre-order"..
Seriously...:rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
10-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Please use multi quote - to stop repeat posting - thanks!

Anykeyer
10-26-2015, 09:47 AM
@strigol1958, That's one of the biggest load of nonesense i have ever read lol,

i provided you with the figures the disproves your, "all games sell better on consoles"

AC games (and 3rd person action games in general) sell better on consoles. PC contribute about 10% of the total AC sales.
I dont need any sites with questionable sources to know this. Ubi put leaderboards in most AC games and in many cases you can see exact number of players on each platform.

larrykop1967
10-26-2015, 12:49 PM
AC games (and 3rd person action games in general) sell better on consoles. PC contribute about 10% of the total AC sales. I don't need any sites with questionable sources to know this. Ubi put leaderboards in most AC games and in many cases you can see exact number of players on each platform.

Yeah I know, if you read the whole thread, you'll see I said that in an earlier post, PC gamer's in large numbers don't support Ubisoft due the history between the 2, it is well known,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE16ylSpfDw

I was replying to that guys so called facts!. He brought up VGchatrz!, not me

nonamename1
10-27-2015, 06:33 AM
Or maybe it's not so amazing...PC is the only platform they can't release a game on without bugs... making the PC community wait another month for a AAA title is straight slap in the face... Screw u Ubisoft!

My guess is that the game is programmed to run on a console, that has unified memory, and more direct access to hardware. To enable the game for pc takes a bit more work, as it has much less abilities through software due to directx 11 and shared memory.

When developers begin to implement DirectX 12 we will see this kind of thing begin to disappear, as it makes PC more like consoles; direct access to hardware, and unified memory, among other huge improvements.

Sometimes there are technical reasons for things on computers, it's not all politics and marketing like people like to believe.

Jessigirl2013
11-01-2015, 12:26 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that UBI games sold more on PC than PS4

Misterscruff63
11-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Ubisoft announced its sales results for the first quarter of its 2015-16 fiscal year, and while that sort of bidness news is not normally the sort of thing we devote too much time to around these parts, the report includes some very interesting figures regarding Ubisoft's sales on the PC.

The company reported sales for the quarter of €96.6 million/$106.7 million, a drop of 73.2 percent compared to the €360.1 million/$397.8 million earned over the same period last year (during which it released the big-selling Watch Dogs), but still well above the target of €80 million/$88.4 million. The strong performance, Ubisoft said, was driven largely by continuing strong sales of Assassin's Creed: Unity, Far Cry 4, The Crew, and Watch Dogs. Digital sales are also way up, totaling €54.1 million/$59.8 million and representing 56 percent of total sales, compared to just 23.2 percent last year.

All very nice. But what's interesting to us is the way those revenues break down by platform. The PC accounted for 23 percent of Ubisoft's sales this quarter, an amount only (and only slightly) surpassed by the PlayStation 4, which totaled 27 percent of sales. Xbox One sales made up just 11 percent of Ubisoft's sales for the quarter, as did the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii U came in a distant last with three percent, and "other"—mobile and ancillaries—grabbed the remaining 14 percent. The PC's 23 percent share also represents a dramatic increase over the 14 percent of total sales last it achieved last year.

The figure is surprising not only because it's so high, but because it's Ubisoft, which has acquired something of a reputation for dropping the ball (off a cliff) when it comes to the PC, most notably with the fire-in-a-pet-shop launch that was Assassin's Creed Unity. Maybe I'm being too trusting, but it could also indicate that the company is serious when it says it's done ****ing around. Money talks, as they say, and in this case seems to be shouting rather loudly.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-pc-accounts-for-nearly-a-quarter-of-ubisofts-first-quarter-sales/

Jessigirl2013
11-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Ubisoft announced its sales results for the first quarter of its 2015-16 fiscal year, and while that sort of bidness news is not normally the sort of thing we devote too much time to around these parts, the report includes some very interesting figures regarding Ubisoft's sales on the PC.

The company reported sales for the quarter of €96.6 million/$106.7 million, a drop of 73.2 percent compared to the €360.1 million/$397.8 million earned over the same period last year (during which it released the big-selling Watch Dogs), but still well above the target of €80 million/$88.4 million. The strong performance, Ubisoft said, was driven largely by continuing strong sales of Assassin's Creed: Unity, Far Cry 4, The Crew, and Watch Dogs. Digital sales are also way up, totaling €54.1 million/$59.8 million and representing 56 percent of total sales, compared to just 23.2 percent last year.

All very nice. But what's interesting to us is the way those revenues break down by platform. The PC accounted for 23 percent of Ubisoft's sales this quarter, an amount only (and only slightly) surpassed by the PlayStation 4, which totaled 27 percent of sales. Xbox One sales made up just 11 percent of Ubisoft's sales for the quarter, as did the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Wii U came in a distant last with three percent, and "other"—mobile and ancillaries—grabbed the remaining 14 percent. The PC's 23 percent share also represents a dramatic increase over the 14 percent of total sales last it achieved last year.

The figure is surprising not only because it's so high, but because it's Ubisoft, which has acquired something of a reputation for dropping the ball (off a cliff) when it comes to the PC, most notably with the fire-in-a-pet-shop launch that was Assassin's Creed Unity. Maybe I'm being too trusting, but it could also indicate that the company is serious when it says it's done ****ing around. Money talks, as they say, and in this case seems to be shouting rather loudly.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-pc-accounts-for-nearly-a-quarter-of-ubisofts-first-quarter-sales/
That's the article I was talking about :rolleyes:

I was surprised about those figures because it shows that the PC sales are just as significant as PS4

larrykop1967
11-01-2015, 08:25 PM

You have to keep those figures in perspective though, at the time of that report Sony had sold 25 million PS4's

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ps4-sales-pass-25-million-mark-sony-crushes-competition-microsoft-nintendo-1513292

Where as in the previous February there was over 125 million active accounts on Steam alone, which shows there are far more PC gamers than PS4 ones at this moment in time, but PS4 sales still beat the PC!

https://www.vg247.com/2015/02/24/steam-has-over-125-million-active-users-8-9m-concurrent-peak/,

Also a lot of those PC sales will have been later at a discounted price not at full price on release, i bought 4 AC games from Amazon for about 25 quid in one go, and how many were included with sales of Nvidia GPU's, which happens a lot with Ubisoft and Nvidia, that's how i got Black Flag and Far Cy 4,

If Ubisoft treated the PC format better, they would get more support and revenue, it's a mistake to assume PC gamer's are only a small niche group.

Jessigirl2013
11-04-2015, 09:17 PM
You have to keep those figures in perspective though, at the time of that report Sony had sold 25 million PS4's

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ps4-sales-pass-25-million-mark-sony-crushes-competition-microsoft-nintendo-1513292

Where as in the previous February there was over 125 million active accounts on Steam alone, which shows there are far more PC gamers than PS4 ones at this moment in time, but PS4 sales still beat the PC!

https://www.vg247.com/2015/02/24/steam-has-over-125-million-active-users-8-9m-concurrent-peak/,

Also a lot of those PC sales will have been later at a discounted price not at full price on release, i bought 4 AC games from Amazon for about 25 quid in one go, and how many were included with sales of Nvidia GPU's, which happens a lot with Ubisoft and Nvidia, that's how i got Black Flag and Far Cy 4,

If Ubisoft treated the PC format better, they would get more support and revenue, it's a mistake to assume PC gamer's are only a small niche group.
Huh? the figures clearly show that PC is not a niche group and that the sales were close to PS4:rolleyes:

strigoi1958
11-04-2015, 11:17 PM
If Ubisoft treated the PC format better.

Better how ? they release great games, and you say pc gamers buy them on the cheap or get them free and still want to be treated better... you're saying we're bad customers and for that we demand respect ;)

GunnarGunderson
11-04-2015, 11:29 PM
They can, they just don't want to. That or they actually want to put some extra effort into the PC version (though that's far less likely)

strigoi1958
11-04-2015, 11:44 PM
actually it is very easy... the console versions are easier to make than the pc versions so all they need to do it not let all the console owners have it until it is ready for the PC... basically the OP thinks PC owners are so important that all console owners are not good enough to play games until the game is ready for him... it's no wonder console owners laugh at pc players...

larrykop1967
11-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Huh? the figures clearly show that PC is not a niche group and that the sales were close to PS4:rolleyes:

Those figures were released in July 2015, with AC unity being the previous PS4 title in Nov 2014, with even less PS4 owners at that time, then even after the Rogue sales on PC in march 15, PS4 still outsold PC, with far less of a consumer base! shouldn't it be the other way round.

Maybe you haven't seen the latest reports of Syndicate being the lowest selling AC ever even before the PC release and actually believe that PC gamers buy millions of Ubisoft's games on release at full price after being always delayed, then again blind fans only see what they want to!

Read properly, i said the PC isn't a small niche group, thats the way Ubisoft treats it :rolleyes:

strigoi1958
11-05-2015, 02:07 AM
proof ? show some proof Ubisoft treats it as a niche group or shut up. or is it just another opinion that some blind person thinks is fact :D I see lots of posts... ubisoft does this to pc owners or that .... ubisoft should do this or that... never any proof... when asked a question they are always keen to ignore it because they have no answer and then try to attack the other person because they've come undone lol.

Anykeyer
11-05-2015, 07:47 AM
LOL, dont compare PS4 and PC consumer base by comparing PS4 devices sold to Steam accounts.
If someone buys PS4 its for playing big games.
Steam accounts can be created for free. And many of them are for F2P (dota2 and others) alts or to play indie/casual stuff at work. The actual PC hardcore playerbase with home PCs capable of running demanding games isnt that big. Probably smaller than PS4.

Misterscruff63
11-05-2015, 11:12 AM
LOL, dont compare PS4 and PC consumer base by comparing PS4 devices sold to Steam accounts.
If someone buys PS4 its for playing big games.
Steam accounts can be created for free. And many of them are for F2P (dota2 and others) alts or to play indie/casual stuff at work. The actual PC hardcore playerbase with home PCs capable of running demanding games isnt that big. Probably smaller than PS4.

Argues the point then say's 'probably' at the end. Good argument ;)

Anykeyer
11-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Im glad you can recognise familiar words, at least we dont have a full idiot here.
I dont have exact numbers, but comparing free accounts to actual device sales is dumb. And its hard to ignore the fact that in the past 2 years Valve made a lot of effort to attract users without PCs capable of running games like Unity or even willing to play games like it. Thats how they get their "total online" records those days.

addition: steam hardware stats
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey?platform=pc
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
most users still use dual core CPUs (47%) with 1GB VRAM GPU (34%)
20% dont even have DX11 hardware (not even built-in Intel/AMD "GPU")
most popular DX11 "GPU" - Intel built-in
players with modern gaming GPUs of GTX 760/950Ti level (roughly PS4 level) and above - less than 10%

Misterscruff63
11-05-2015, 02:08 PM
No exact numbers..and probably...your words...Come on if your going to come on and argue your corner give us facts ! But when you revert to name calling as part of your stance then you have lost the argument.

Anykeyer
11-05-2015, 04:39 PM
I didnt start or participated in any agruments here, dont drag me into this. I was simply LOLing at idiocity behind comparing FREE steam accounts to device sales.
It should be obvious without any facts. Be glad I even wasted my time on explanations.

nonamename1
11-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Considering the PC and consoles do not have the exact same architecture it's only natural one will take a different amount of time than the other. Games are not made on assembly lines. They take a lot of skill, time, and money to make. OP you sound like you know absolutely nothing about development. Maybe you should stick to talking about things you know a thing or two about.

nonamename1
11-06-2015, 09:04 AM
No it's not worth making a fuss, PC sales are lower because of the way Ubisoft treats the PC format, it's been like that for at least 10 years now really, most PC gamer's will be playing Fallout 4 on Nov 19th and will generally only buy a Ubisoft title when it's on sale or if it's free with a new gpu.

Ubisoft treats PC format amazingly well. They generally release all their games on both consoles and PC. What more can you ask for? At this point in time they are getting seriously limited by DX11 and the PCs split memory architecture.

They pushed Unity to the limits on PC and did an amazing job. Wait until DX12 games start coming out. You will see much less of a discrepancy between consoles and PC then.

strigoi1958
11-06-2015, 02:45 PM
@nonamename1 i think you've summed it up perfectly in those 2 posts. :)

naumaan
11-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Woah . Pc and console fights .... i love to see the online fight ... way to go keyboard warriors !

Jessigirl2013
11-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Woah . Pc and console fights .... i love to see the online fight ... way to go keyboard warriors !
Haha :rolleyes:

The PC vs Console argument will go on as long as assassin vs Templar conflict :rolleyes: