PDA

View Full Version : So are there no moderators on this website?

Perk89
10-23-2015, 02:57 AM
The amount of spam is absurd. Absolutely insane. If you need more moderators then expand your roster but that is embarrassing. Your hours away from release and this is what the official forums look like.

sings_in_tune
10-23-2015, 03:33 AM
I think most of the moderators are asleep at this time of day.

I'll clean this up the best I can.

UbiSmarmy
10-23-2015, 03:36 AM
The amount of spam is absurd. Absolutely insane. If you need more moderators then expand your roster but that is embarrassing. Your hours away from release and this is what the official forums look like.

Sorry about that and thank you for keeping us on our toes, the spam has been removed.

LieutenantRex
10-23-2015, 03:38 AM
I complained about the spam way back when Black Flag was coming out. I was told by the moderators and their underdogs to simply ignore it, so if you want to know why this spam persists, look towards the nonfeasance of those who hold authority.

MASTEROVERLORD
10-23-2015, 06:41 AM
Sorry about that and thank you for keeping us on our toes, the spam has been removed.

Thanks for fighting off those evil Decepticons.

EmptyCrustacean
10-23-2015, 07:34 AM

I've been saying this for months and I get the usual response from a particular mod along the lines of "shut up and don't criticise anything we do - even when we do nothing". The incompetence of how these forums are run is cringe worthy.

MT4K
10-23-2015, 09:35 AM
mods ect are only human like everybody else. They can't be everywhere at once and they can't be on the forums 24/7. They do the best they can though and usually there will at least be 1 person around a majority of the time.

At least that's how it used to be and i'm sure that's what they still try to do. If you have issues with the way actual moderators are doing things. You just need to contact a forum manager or somebody higher than a mod and they will look into it.

If the problem is how the forums are run overall by everybody. Not much can be done about that. Mods tend to try and follow a set of rules and guildelines, but many times have to use their own judgement and it can be hard to make the best decisions at times. again only human and everybody has their own idea of "the best action to take".

If it's only regarding spam bots that get through. That's always going to be a problem now and in the future as it has in the past. It always tends to increase around launch times for the obvious reason of more people to see them. but there will always be quite a few throughout the year.

In the past the forums did temporarily require a captcha every time you posted (to lessen the number of spam bots getting through), but obviously it wasn't very popular :p.

Black_Widow9
10-23-2015, 10:21 PM
particular mod
Please don't try to shame anyone.

If any of you have an issue with moderation or how the forums are run please PM one of the Community Reps instead of harassing us on the Forums. The Moderators are volunteers and any kind of harassment towards them will not be tolerated.

Here's the thing about Spam. It is ever changing. Not only are there bots there are real people and it exists on virtually every internet site. We do our best to delete it when it gets through and we do have systems in place. We will never detail them to you because like I said some of the spammers are real people who can read.

That being said, if you do see spam please know we will be deleting as quickly as possible so please be patient.

Thanks

GunnarGunderson
10-24-2015, 01:40 AM
Clearly they've got the same work ethic for forum moderation as they do for game development

EmptyCrustacean
10-24-2015, 01:54 AM
Clearly they've got the same work ethic for forum moderation as they do for game development

haha burn!