PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] We went from 12 Sequences in Unity all the way down to...

timpbader
10-22-2015, 11:16 AM
9 Sequences, really? They said Brotherhood was the inspiration for this game, I didn't think they meant the length?
Only 9 Sequences, and it's really only 7 assassin sequences.
No coop!
No heists!
Where is the rest of the game?
1/4 of the game is missing?!

VestigialLlama4
10-22-2015, 11:53 AM
9 Sequences, really? They said Brotherhood was the inspiration for this game, I didn't think they meant the length?
No coop!
No heists!

Well just think of it as Assassin's Creed Spirit Tracks and it will all make sense.

strigoi1958
10-22-2015, 11:55 AM
how many can be played by Evie as well as Jacob (just out of personal curiosity)

VestigialLlama4
10-22-2015, 12:05 PM
how many can be played by Evie as well as Jacob (just out of personal curiosity)

The developers said that storywise it's 25% Evie and 75% Jacob. In the actual game it's closer to 60-40 Jacob-Evie. Evie is much more prominent than expected.

Evie has only two major Assassination Targets, Brewster and Lucy Thorne, but she has pretty good puzzle/infiltration missions in the game. Jacob gets all the other major Assassination Targets however, so there is that uneven-ness there.

She and Jacob also team up equally for the final boss fight.

And she doesn't get fridged

Zafar1981
10-22-2015, 12:14 PM
​Oh man who care if it only 9 sequence we have two brand new assassin's and one of them is female.

Who care if there are only 7 targets we have whole new city of London to do nothing.

This time we have lots of exciting side quests which gives you a feeling of boring chore.

We now have rope luncher and brand new catoonish brawl.

Please preorder now as 5 different editions which are full of craps.

timpbader
10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
​Oh man who care if it only 9 sequence we have two brand new assassin's and one of them is female.

Who care if there are only 7 targets we have whole new city of London to do nothing.

This time we have lots of exciting side quests which gives you a feeling of boring chore.

We now have rope luncher and brand new catoonish brawl.

Please preorder now as 5 different editions which are full of craps.
According to the trophy list we don't even get tons of side quests.

Years of feedback and they still cant get it right.

Aphex_Tim
10-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Judging a game's length by its sequences should really stop. Every sequence differs in length and Unity had a couple of sequences that were so short, it might've as well have had 9 sequences instead of 12.
If anything, less but longer sequences could be a good thing, since it could make the story feel more focused.

If the reviews I've seen are to be believed, the game's story takes about 20 hours to complete and the side content is fewer but more fleshed out.
Both of these points seem 100% fine by me. 20 hours is long enough and I prefer quality over quantity in side content.

D.I.D.
10-22-2015, 03:21 PM
^ This. I haven't really "felt" the end of a sequence since Brotherhood, and the whole business of sequences is now an arbitrary concept which was introduced for the first games and then hung around. It is meaningless.

Aphex_Tim
10-22-2015, 03:26 PM
The only game in which I actually really noticed the sequences was AC3. And that was only because at the end of every sequence, you got a huge SEQUENCE # COMPLETE message in the middle of your screen.

RVSage
10-22-2015, 03:47 PM
It has 10 sequences really
World War I features a third character Lydia Frye

Tyrhydion
10-22-2015, 03:48 PM
What did you expect? 60 EUR/USD as a price is expensive, but sadly not enough for a good game on capable engines like ONE & PS4, as it hardly covers the costs and the interest of stakeholders. Of course games have to become smaller, alternately we would have to pay up to 80, 100 or more. There will be plenty of money made with merchandise and micro transactions, extra side missions for downloading for 5 or 10,-. The original game doesn't make the money. So get your paypal account ready!

cawatrooper9
10-22-2015, 04:51 PM
No coop!
No heists!

Apparently after Sequence 2, some of the sequences have 7 or 8 memories. Compare that with Unity where the average was probably around 3 apiece, and you're still easily coming out on top.