PDA

View Full Version : Web series for the modern day? *SPOILERS*

king-hailz
10-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Well I've seen the entire walkthrough of ACS and that was because I didn't plan in buying it (I still dont). There are no spoilers here but the modern day is well made but barely anything, it's entertaining but is only 10 minutes long (3 minutes longer than Unity). There is no progression. However I was wondering that Ubiosoft should make a Web series Using the same methods of creating the modern day sections in ACS and actually progress the story. This way they won't need add a lot in the games but still give us something.

Senningiri_GR
10-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Well I've seen the entire walkthrough of ACS and that was because I didn't plan in buying it (I still dont). There are no spoilers here but the modern day is well made but barely anything, it's entertaining but is only 10 minutes long (3 minutes longer than Unity). There is no progression. However I was wondering that Ubiosoft should make a Web series Using the same methods of creating the modern day sections in ACS and actually progress the story. This way they won't need add a lot in the games but still give us something.

That is what was know as Assassin's Creed Initiates, which still has nothing changed and is broken. Also 10 min long present day story? What a disappointment.
Is it 3person or still the ******* thing like ACUnity???

cawatrooper9
10-22-2015, 05:04 PM
I actually really like this idea. The MD sections of Unity and Syndicate seem almost like viral marketing, and that may well be one of the reasons that they're so jarring, since we've already bought the freakin' game.

Why not make a web series, as you suggested (if they used a 360 degree camera, it would be even more interactive than the games!) and use that series as marketing material for the upcoming game. Then, the game could either contain an actually playable MD section that builds off what was established in the videos, or MD could just be abandoned in the games completely, with the video series working purely as a supplement for those who want it. As it is now, it just seems half-a**ed (not sure if I need to censor myself here, so don't make fun of me :cool: )

HDinHB
10-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Initiates did a pretty good job of advancing the modern day between games for quite a while (quite a long while by Ubi standards) until they nerfed it for the Unity tie-in. Now it hasn't even been updated to track Syndicate, joining a growing list of abandoned projects. Ubi seems to have a corporate case of ADD when it comes to websites and when it comes to modern day, so I wouldn't have much faith that they would be able to maintain the effort to keep up a web series. But why not try it? Maybe they will find something they can stick with.

The filter would censor half-assed for you, if it needed it.

strigoi1958
10-23-2015, 04:19 PM

That is an excellent idea. TBH I think they could hide clues and easter eggs in games to be found and unlocked at a web site such as this.... Ubi always seem to go that little bit extra... I think it is very possible that it could be done and personally I think it should be done. Maybe they can incorporate it into the Ubi Club.

wickywoowoo
10-23-2015, 04:25 PM
I am baffled by people who watch walkthroughs for games they did not buy. I am not sure what right people have to do that. You aren't that interested to buy it so why still watch it? Seems wrong to me. Also hate how we've hit a stage where this rubbish and spoilers are all over the net before a game is even out.

I do, however, support an idea for a modern day web series or something. I'll take anything that helps the modern day aspect of the story if Ubisoft are so hell bent on keeping the games this historical tourism thing.

Danny_rx7
10-24-2015, 01:36 AM
I think we don't need web series. Just a proper MD gameplay in next games.
Also, Assassin's Creed movie is coming next year. :D

That is what was know as Assassin's Creed Initiates, which still has nothing changed and is broken. Also 10 min long present day story? What a disappointment.

Is it 3person or still the ******* thing like ACUnity???

Yup, but story is going forward...slowly.
All cutscenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVC3ynQgO8Y

HDinHB
10-24-2015, 02:06 AM
You should wrap a spoiler tag around that video.

wickywoowoo
10-24-2015, 02:48 AM
You should wrap a spoiler tag around that video.

Yeah, just a bit, lol. Hopefully it has not spoiled too much for us mugs still awaiting our pre-paid items from Ubisoft.

king-hailz
10-24-2015, 07:58 AM
I am baffled by people who watch walkthroughs for games they did not buy. I am not sure what right people have to do that. You aren't that interested to buy it so why still watch it? Seems wrong to me. Also hate how we've hit a stage where this rubbish and spoilers are all over the net before a game is even out.

Well I'm not buying the game because I Dont think it's worth my money, I also watched the walk through to make sure I made the right decision. I don't mind being spoiled of the game if the story is good. However it wasn't so I'm glad.

Senningiri_GR
10-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Well sorry for the angry message, I hadn't seen the first two cut scenes. Not I really do believe that not only the game is now saved and the story goes and will go a lot further, but that now we have seen ho a Present Day game could be made and have positive views!

wickywoowoo
10-24-2015, 12:30 PM
Well I'm not buying the game because I Dont think it's worth my money, I also watched the walk through to make sure I made the right decision. I don't mind being spoiled of the game if the story is good. However it wasn't so I'm glad.

That makes no sense. Do you illegally watch movies too without paying because you deem it not worth your money? If it isn't, then do not watch it. You don't have the right to get everything without paying.

You make a choice and live with it.