PDA

View Full Version : Uplay Connect To A Whole New Level

Nacoles
10-22-2015, 04:55 AM
What if Uplay connect lets connect with your friends even if they don't have the same device as you? Benefits include the non-disputes among different parties and a better intimacy among all gamers. When I talk about a whole new level, I mean to have the ability to play Assassin's Creed Unity or Far Cry 4 with your friends using Uplay connect by itself so that you may put a PC player and a console player in one private lobby in which they may have fun together despite their differences. :D This suggestion might not be much, but I find it to be a great way to have an even better player interaction community among themselves as a whole.

RdJ1
10-22-2015, 07:04 PM
This has been said about so many games, by so many people, but it has never really happened.

For some games I understand (CoD, PC players would destroy console players because they have a mouse), but for others I don't see why it shouldn't work (AC). Maybe Sony and Microsoft don't want this, although I believe Microsoft did once test a game for PC and Xbox (a shooter, in which the PC players did indeed destroy the console players).

Nacoles
10-23-2015, 05:47 AM
This has been said about so many games, by so many people, but it has never really happened.

For some games I understand (CoD, PC players would destroy console players because they have a mouse), but for others I don't see why it shouldn't work (AC). Maybe Sony and Microsoft don't want this, although I believe Microsoft did once test a game for PC and Xbox (a shooter, in which the PC players did indeed destroy the console players).

Even though I'm a PC gamer, I do not like to show superiority over facts that have happened in our history that would seem irrelevant to the subject. Ubisoft is its own company. If they want to create their own servers, so be it.

RdJ1
10-23-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm just saying Microsoft did a test with this, which resulted in PC players being much better than console players. That is the reason they canceled their ideas to make cross-platform multiplayer. I'm not trying to say anyone is superior to anyone, just trying to give insight as to why cross-platform multiplayer hasn't happened yet.

And even if Ubisoft wanted to do this, they are still dependent of Sony and Microsoft, because they own Playstation Network and Xbox Live. If they don't allow cross-platform multiplayer, it isn't happening.

Nacoles
10-31-2015, 01:38 PM
I'm just saying Microsoft did a test with this, which resulted in PC players being much better than console players. That is the reason they canceled their ideas to make cross-platform multiplayer. I'm not trying to say anyone is superior to anyone, just trying to give insight as to why cross-platform multiplayer hasn't happened yet.

And even if Ubisoft wanted to do this, they are still dependent of Sony and Microsoft, because they own Playstation Network and Xbox Live. If they don't allow cross-platform multiplayer, it isn't happening.

As stated in your reason one, it seems that PC gamers to you are clearly the superior being. I suggested things like Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 3 & 4 cooperative, and other type of coop games in which we may still enjoy the games and each other at the same time. I never suggested that PC gamers and console gamers should be competitive towards each other and since Microsoft probably knew about this, they would probably take that out of the picture. As stated in your reason two, you have been stating that Ubisoft is prone to Microsoft and Sony servers but have you ever noticed (if you are a PC gamer) that they own a small amount of their own servers as well? Therefore I urge that Ubisoft pushes more on their very own game servers instead of paying other big companies to use their servers making them lose a huge quantity in the long run.

RdJ1
11-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Have you actually read what I wrote? I think I very clearly stated that I don't think PC gamers are superior to console gamers (or the other way around). For shooters though, mouse and keyboard are a superior input method to gamepads (as demonstrated by that Microsoft test). If you give a console gamer a mouse and keyboard connected to their console, they will beat everyone as well.

Also, I think I mentioned that AC could be done cross-platform as well. I don't see why that wouldn't work, because there isn't much difference between input methods and, as you mentioned, that doesn't even really matter in coop. The only thing that could be a problem is that the different platforms have actually different code in their versions of the game. That could make the games incompatible, but I'm not sure this is actually the case.

Finally, on Microsoft and Sony, I'm not saying Ubisoft is dependent on them because they run the servers. Ubisoft is dependent on Microsoft and Sony because they make up the rules for all games on their platforms. If Ubisoft doesn't play by their rules, they won't get a license to publish a game on their platforms. If Microsoft and Sony don't want cross-platform multiplayer, Ubisoft will just have to comply.

PS I would love to have cross-platform multiplayer. More people to play with is always better.

Nacoles
11-01-2015, 09:25 PM
I suppose we leave it up to the big companies themselves at this point. The community of Ubisoft itself seems to urge the idea of cross-platform multiplayer games. I'll leave this suggestion up to you guys for the final decision. :o