PDA

View Full Version : 2 Factor Authentication please

MeleeMike16
10-21-2015, 05:45 AM
uPlay team,

Please implement 2FA - it's 2015 and data is breached all the time, this will help us lock down our accounts. Please implement this security feature preferably using google authenticator. Thank you!

nytiger73
11-20-2015, 02:34 AM
I agree with this. I had my UPlay account stolen a few years ago. Luckily I was able to get it back pretty quickly. But the ease in which they were able to get in and change my information to theirs without so much as a confirmation on my part is a little troubling.

Tustanuxo
02-13-2016, 01:19 AM
Please implement this. It is now 2016 and I am still waiting.

KRANORZOR
02-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Please add 2 Factor Authentication! :rolleyes:

Gameskeeper
02-24-2016, 05:12 AM
Indeed. Customer data security should be a top priority for Ubisoft.

Ubi-Joel
02-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Hello everyone,

We're investigating on ways to update our security measures.
Thank you for your suggestions :)

/Joel

Tustanuxo
02-24-2016, 12:50 PM
Thanks for your reply. I am glad you are working on it.

Any way would work for me, but if you also could look into google authenticator that would be awesome since I am already using that for multiple services and it works really well.

ahmedivx
03-05-2016, 09:03 PM
You can also integrate this option in your Android or IOS app, it would be great :)

Ubi-Joel
03-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Thank you for your suggestions ahmedivx :)

/Joel

Tarvos2008
03-10-2016, 11:07 PM
For at least a bit security, you should also allow email verfication. Besides using an app for smartphone authentication, you should also make authentication via sms available. EA's Origin does the same btw. That means Origin has an advantage at Uplay at the moment. I assume that you don't want Origin to have an advantage compared to Uplay :D

Decessi16
03-11-2016, 05:10 PM
This would be a great thing to implement and quickly I think especially since The Division is now launched and I've already had 1 friend get hacked by someone from Russia. I honestly have 2 factor authentication for all the MMO games I play and if nothing else it helps provide peace of mind. If devs are worried about app development time there are a few companies out there that use google's authenticator. Also any updates as to how this is going would be appreciated.

Druskq
03-15-2016, 09:52 AM
/signed

I've waited until the last moment to use uPlay, but a The division voucher forced me to.
I'm surprised uPlay still doesn't use 2-Factor authentication while pretty much every other distribution platform already does for years. So please.

Lunatitch
03-18-2016, 12:32 AM
Signed as well.

Just had my account 'stolen', luckily they had only come as far as to change my name and delete all my friends before I changed my password, but it could have been worse.
My real name & birthday are in your system, please add 2-factor. Google Authenticator is available on every single system (Windows, MAC, Linux, iOS, Android), please implement that ASAP.

~ Luna

AzixTGO
03-18-2016, 05:39 PM
lmao. just searched to see if this was possible since I couldn't find it. Come on. It's something very basic now if you are serious about your service. Joke ting.

ThePyrocyborg
03-25-2016, 03:42 PM
lmao. just searched to see if this was possible since I couldn't find it. Come on. It's something very basic now if you are serious about your service. Joke ting.

I agree, the current security "system" is incredibly weak. Just got my account stolen, language changed to russian, then spanish and when I tried to take it back, I couldn't change my password because it kept saying that the session was expired or whatever little I could understand from spanish. After 30 minutes of constant trying and being constantly kicked out of uplay, I was able to take it back and change my password... only to see that my friend list was gone and that they had changed my first name/last name.

The russian dude even sent a ticket to change my email, which, hopefully, was closed without question from ubi support.

I know my password wasn't strong to begin with, but an authenticator application (compatible with Windows Phone, I hope) should do the trick and keep it up to the "industry" standard.

roman6655
03-28-2016, 09:19 PM
I agree, the current security "system" is incredibly weak. Just got my account stolen, language changed to russian, then spanish and when I tried to take it back, I couldn't change my password because it kept saying that the session was expired or whatever little I could understand from spanish. After 30 minutes of constant trying and being constantly kicked out of uplay, I was able to take it back and change my password... only to see that my friend list was gone and that they had changed my first name/last name.

The russian dude even sent a ticket to change my email, which, hopefully, was closed without question from ubi support.

I know my password wasn't strong to begin with, but an authenticator application (compatible with Windows Phone, I hope) should do the trick and keep it up to the "industry" standard.

Nearly the same thing happened to me.

Maxunit
03-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Ubisoft really should add a 2 Factor Auth Solution to Uplay, like how Valve did with Steam or EA did with Origin...

Even if it is just adding Google Authenticator as a possible App or creating their own App for Android, iOS and Windows Mobile.

DartonLance
04-13-2016, 09:22 PM
How is this still not a standard on pc platforms I have had my uplay account hacked twice now with today being the second time and frankly it has happened to every single person I play with that I know in real life at this point too.

Tustanuxo
05-09-2016, 03:07 PM
Is there any update on this that can be shared?

pipotzel1
05-24-2016, 10:56 PM
Come on guys... make the 2 factor authentication. You can do it...

I can help if you pay me :D

aaronsta1
05-25-2016, 07:55 AM
i refuse to buy another uplay game without 2fa.. even if its just email codes..
these games are expensive, and with no security i dont want my hard earned money stolen by someone to hacked your systems.

nigelbeans
06-01-2016, 09:13 PM
I'm brand new to uplay and I'm shocked to discover that 2FA hasn't been implemented. Another thing - why is the maximum password length limited to 16 characters? There's no good reason to do this! This puts me off buying any games because I don't think it's acceptable, and I would like to vote with my wallet! It's so easy to get these things fixed there's no excuse...:mad:

edit: Thinking about it further, if security standards are so lax I don't think I'm confident in installing the client on my operating system...

Cristian159753
06-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Yes, please. As annoying as 2FA is, there are too many account getting hacked everyday.

Also, for everyone here suggesting google authenticator: could you stop suggesting that? People like me with Windows Phone can't use that authenticator.
And to people from Ubisoft: please, make either a custom app on ALL OSes (Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 included, not just 10) or use Microsoft Authenticator for Windows Phone (EA does this with Origin) and google authenticator for android (and whatever IOS has for Iphone, I don't know. I don't like Iphone). Of course, also add an email option for people without smartphones.

I just found out the Ubisoft Club app is not available on Windows Phone. There are a lot of users with Windows Phone. Why would you neglect those users?

Arokhantos
06-12-2016, 08:47 PM
So any 2 step verification yet ? i would be satisfied with just google authenticator since thats what EA uses, and i still preffer uplay over origin however origin has better security so i buy games on steam then origin then uplay on last spot, while i would prefer buying games on uplay rather over origin when possible.

Michael.Virtus
06-14-2016, 08:11 AM
Hello. Any updates? Are you working on this? I really would like and SMS verification code.

tsavong99
06-19-2016, 08:18 PM
@Cristian159753

You can use Google Authenticator on WinPhone. Just download Microsoft Authenticator.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/authenticator/9wzdncrfj3rj

And a +1 for 2FA for uPlay

Cheers

./Ch3l4z

Yes, please. As annoying as 2FA is, there are too many account getting hacked everyday.

Also, for everyone here suggesting google authenticator: could you stop suggesting that? People like me with Windows Phone can't use that authenticator.
And to people from Ubisoft: please, make either a custom app on ALL OSes (Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 included, not just 10) or use Microsoft Authenticator for Windows Phone (EA does this with Origin) and google authenticator for android (and whatever IOS has for Iphone, I don't know. I don't like Iphone). Of course, also add an email option for people without smartphones.

I just found out the Ubisoft Club app is not available on Windows Phone. There are a lot of users with Windows Phone. Why would you neglect those users?

John57881
06-21-2016, 10:23 AM
+1 for 2FA

I just got my account jacked today, I would like to see this implemented to prevent this from happening again. Or don't implement 2FA and keep backups of our characters that you can restore for us.

I asked customer support to restore a character on my account after someone messed around on it without any luck. They simply said it couldn't be done.

Arokhantos
06-21-2016, 01:50 PM
They just implemented this, and this is a good thing not just for security cos it will bring down spam to in games like the division, because hijacked accounts are often used to spam, hopefully will see results very soon where spam go's down, good job Ubisoft for listening :)

Ubi-Cain
06-21-2016, 03:11 PM
As Arokhantos mentioned... we have indeed added this as of today.

You can find more information about this feature and how to enable it here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1463703-Secure-your-account-with-2-Step-Verification

Tustanuxo
06-21-2016, 10:58 PM
Thank you for this. Glad you did this :D :D

Arokhantos
06-22-2016, 05:11 AM
Not sure if coincedence but it keeps asking for 2 step verification each time i start the game, it does't remember my computer, it should only ask this at most every 30 days it should bassicly remember your PC, if that option could be added to uplay would be nice, does seem that that option is already their for loging in on website.

SP0KII
06-22-2016, 09:32 AM
2FA is great but asking for a code every time you start Uplay is stupid.
Origin,Steam,battle.net only asks once and then starts without a code prompt. I guess they save your PC information.

Arokhantos
06-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Forum has't asked me 2 step verification so far may be an issue to.

2FA is great but asking for a code every time you start Uplay is stupid.
Origin,Steam,battle.net only asks once and then starts without a code prompt. I guess they save your PC information.

Battle.net games especially like wow used ask it each time you login, but they added feature long ago where it remembers it for 30 days, if you login to the battle.net launcher it remembers it longer then 30 days though.
steam if you login always ask code also, but once you logged in it does't ask it again when start steam again when its logged in still, uplay seems to ask 2 step verification each time you start uplay even when already logged in before.

Zorasht
06-22-2016, 05:02 PM
Like everybody else, pleased finally Ubisoft introduced 2 step verification, but annoyed that it asks you for it each time you log in. Come on!
Get me a trusted devices settings, i don't want to enter the code every day in my home computer (both browser and uplay)

Tsung.
06-22-2016, 07:31 PM
Thanks for 2 factor, no thanks to entering it every single time I launch U-Play. Going to turn it off now until it's fixed.
Seriously Ubisoft; get with the program, look how every other company does it, there is your standard. Once entered, the next time I expect to see it is...
1. If I reinstall U-Play.
2. If I try to play on a different PC.

GF.Merlin
06-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Also turned it off. Prompting on each login is really annoying.

Retro-_T4zZ3r
06-24-2016, 05:18 PM
I cant log into my uplay acc anymore bc my app got deleted and i dont have any recover codes does anyone know how to recover my acc?

Black_Widow9
06-25-2016, 01:03 AM
For those of you having issues, please take a look at the troubleshooting on the Google Account Help page (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en). If you're still having trouble, contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/) so they can assist you.

Thanks

Anoonyma
07-14-2016, 09:00 PM
For those of you having issues, please take a look at the troubleshooting on the Google Account Help page (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en). If you're still having trouble, contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/) so they can assist you.

Thanks

Please make an option to remember machine, it is asking me to verify every, single, time...