PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Remastered Edition

freakface99
10-20-2015, 11:57 PM
I know Ubisoft is not a big doer of remastering old games and games like AC1 or a Ezio collection might take over AC3 but i would absofruitly adore a remastered version of AC3. It is my favorite AC to date dispite its many glitches and i just cant get over how amazing it would be to see all those glitches fixed and then add on next gen graphics and it would be a dream come true. PLZ UBI? :D. let me know what you think.

Other ideas:
Ezio Collection - (like nathan drake collection)
Remastered AC1

EmptyCrustacean
10-20-2015, 11:57 PM
Oh my God.

ShoryukenMan
10-21-2015, 07:35 AM
I wouldn't mind, but I think it's super doubtful.

I do expect to see AC1 and AC2 to remade/remastered at some point though. AC1 because it's the first game in the series. AC2, because it still seems to be the most popular in the series. What I hope is that when they do eventually decide to do an AC2 remake or remaster that they include Brotherhood into it. I can live without a Revelations remaster, but wouldn't be against it either.

SofaJockey
10-21-2015, 10:07 AM
I know Ubisoft is not a big doer of remastering old games...

Exactly this.

Develop
Launch
Move on

brotersinarms
10-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Well AC 3 was my favorite, and that whole "real" open world feeling, with horses, and in the wilds. Absolutely huge, and never really seen again, which is disappointing. I really never dealt with the "glitches" everybody seemed to have complained about, and i have it on 2 systems, both 360, and bought it again on PS3 for a bargain price, playing thru it again for like the third time.

I just don't know if it really "needs" to be remastered, if not to give people different controller mapping (making the shooting like Black Flag with the musket, and much more outfits based on the time period), but from a graphical standpoint, it's not "that" much of a difference to warrant a remaster. I mean, Unity looks fantastic (but a boring game in mostly an urban setting), but AC3 is still decent looking, and very playable.

I think more emphasis maybe should be brought in regards to Rogue, but that will probably be back compatible on One before long.

MongoosE97
10-21-2015, 03:44 PM
It would be really cool, but I don't really think ACIII needs the remaster as much as the older games in the series. To be completely honest, I think I'd prefer if all remakes were kept on hold until whatever comes after the Xbox One and PS4 generation so that they can be remade to their ultimate potential. We're unlikely to get a second remake of them so its a one shot thing, lets get the best we can!

cawatrooper9
10-21-2015, 03:46 PM
I just got the Master Chief Collection, and even though I'm not a big Halo fan these days, I'm loving the nostalgia trip with new and improved HD graphics.

It would be great to have access to these older games on a new system. It would be even cooler to have a button like the MC Collection in which we could switch between the old and remastered engine.

Imagine a collection of AC1-ACIII. They could call it the Desmond Collection.

ace3001
10-21-2015, 03:52 PM
AC III is only three years old, and is still a great looking game. Why would it need a remaster already?

cawatrooper9
10-21-2015, 04:03 PM
AC III is only three years old, and is still a great looking game. Why would it need a remaster already?

I'm sure with current gen hardware they could make it look a lot better- but also, they could take the opportunity to fix a lot of the bugs in it.

brotersinarms
10-21-2015, 04:08 PM

You're right, although in my view, they can maybe do a basic "remaster" that wouldn't take as much effort, as far as giving you many more outfit choices (other than the "prison outfit", maybe a Haytham Outfit, or outfits they offered DLC on Rogue which were great), maybe some different controller mapping. Basic things, that many won't even want to be bothered with, but who knows?

If it goes back compatible on One, maybe they can use that as opportunity to offer that, in addition to throwing Rogue and Liberation in there.

As the other poster iterated to, this "generation" may not last that long (maybe a couple more years, being most everything is bombing out and not meeting expectations), but if remastering, or better yet, rebuilding great games is a thing of the future, i would love it. Rebuild Medal of Honor 1 from back in the PS1 days lol.

Deezl-V
10-21-2015, 04:12 PM
If it's going to be remastered, just add a crouch button and would make stealth much more fun in AC 3.

brotersinarms
10-21-2015, 04:16 PM
If it's going to be remastered, just add a crouch button and would make stealth much more fun in AC 3.

Yep. Again, a big problem with that game was the button mapping and options, that can be very needlessly frustrating.

the_don7684
10-21-2015, 04:19 PM
This has been brought up a lot... even a couple times by myself... It would be super awesome but sadly I must bring myself to terms that Ubi will most likely never be that cool. I still own both my PS3 and AC3 and have come back to play AC3 whenever... hell I even rented it on the PS4 via the PS Now option because reasons lol. Loved the game A LOT. IF a remaster were to happen, I would want the awesome graphics that Unity had.

cawatrooper9
10-21-2015, 04:20 PM
You're right, although in my view, they can maybe do a basic "remaster" that wouldn't take as much effort, as far as giving you many more outfit choices (other than the "prison outfit", maybe a Haytham Outfit, or outfits they offered DLC on Rogue which were great), maybe some different controller mapping. Basic things, that many won't even want to be bothered with, but who knows?

OOOH! Or a straight up Haytham skin!

brotersinarms
10-21-2015, 04:32 PM
OOOH! Or a straight up Haytham skin!

Yeah, well that's what got me about that game, in all the "head scratchers", in things would have been a no brainer, that just missed the mark in regards to outfits.

I mean on Rogue, they put an Outfit DLC, that i'm convinced missed AC3 (only because i saw the cover art of that outfit on AC 3, that never made it).

I mean they don't have to worry about it shows in the Cinematic. Just give us the Outfit.

Another thing was, let us be a part of the battle. The Battle of Bunker Hill, just give me my musket, and put me on the Line, instead of having me swing thru trees to get around it. I mean there's so many things just having me wanting more, and really having to scratch my head, in why it wasn't there.