PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on latest version of Uplay

TwistedTenure
10-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Most of us hate Uplay, but Ubisoft refuse to hear us, so I know you don't really want our 'feedback' either. Nevertheless, here is mine:

I detest the latest version of Uplay. It is a waste of space, a gross annoyance, a great pile of [insert every kind of pejorative word you can think of here].

Rather, I am much more interested in having games that connect to online multiplayer servers actually working, instead of falling over every couple of minutes or simply being completely unavailable for the rest of the time, for days and days on end, with your complete and utter denial of anything being wrong.

Keep your advertising, invasive bells and whistles and invest in working infrastructure for existent games.

Thank you.

Ubi-Kay
10-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Hello,

We really do want to hear your constructive feedback and I'm really sorry that you feel we don’t listen to the community’s suggestions. There are plenty of examples on this very forum of features implemented as a direct result of community feedback.

While we do experience outages from time to time these are rare and certainly not “every couple of minutes” or for “days and days on end”. When these outages do occur, they are communicated quite clearly on the forums, social media and from the support teams. We do not attempt to hide or deny when we’re at fault, but as I said, these outages are rare and in most cases, the problems reported are related to an underlying issue with a player’s connection or set-up.

Are the reasons you believe Uplay to be a waste of space solely related to the problems you are experiencing accessing the services? Would you care to provide more information? Have you contacted the support to team to attempt to resolve your connection issue? We’d be happy to help you, if you only let us know what the problem is.

Thank you.

RdJ1
10-22-2015, 07:13 PM
so I know you don't really want our 'feedback' either. Nevertheless, here is mine:

And then follows absolutely no constructive feedback at all. And you find it strange Ubisoft doesn't listen to this?

On the server outages, I wouldn't say that they are rare, but they don't occur even close to every couple of minutes and they are never longer than a couple of hours. However, they do seem to happen every couple of weeks.

Niowirck
10-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Most of us hate Uplay, but Ubisoft refuse to hear us, so I know you don't really want our 'feedback' either. Nevertheless, here is mine:

I detest the latest version of Uplay. It is a waste of space, a gross annoyance, a great pile of [insert every kind of pejorative word you can think of here].

Rather, I am much more interested in having games that connect to online multiplayer servers actually working, instead of falling over every couple of minutes or simply being completely unavailable for the rest of the time, for days and days on end, with your complete and utter denial of anything being wrong.

Keep your advertising, invasive bells and whistles and invest in working infrastructure for existent games.

Thank you.

Hi, well I think you are a bit hard. What more do you expect from the Uplay Service? It does what it has to do, i.e. chatting with friends and getting the latest news. It is not perfect and other platforms do probably better. On my side, I can just complain about a lack of consistency with functionalities with new releases, especially within games (ac revelations for instance) where I am notified that someone wrote a message to me, but while pressing Alt+F2 the concerned friend is not highlighted. I just go on the uplay interface and there it is fully ok (as far as I am concerned at least). So I would say it's more a matter of full-testing within the games themselves, but there are also so many games published on different times, so maintaining a consistency everywhere may not be such easy.

Oceil
10-27-2015, 10:44 AM
I accept your invitation to give a feedback about the last part of your post. Here are the troubleshots I'm experiencing:

Since last Uplay update, when I launch ANNO 2070, autopatcher is looping and looping, but don't launch the game. To get a chance to play MY game, that I bought, with no physical support quite expensive :mad:, I have to kill process and wait that Uplay, moved by his own, start again and finally launch MY game
Yesterday I bought it once again for my nephew, the full packed edition, but it doesn't work. One more time, your f***** autopatcher doesn't download the included add-ons, so there's no way to play the game. Anno's start screen say it has to restart to download Deep Ocean extension. But no....
Same license as #2, can't download Anno's soudtrack, because a network failure while downloading for FIRST time, now it returns that my nephew can't retry, it says that already done.
If I want to uninstall and make a new clean installation, I have to download it again, it means taking all the home's broadband and annoying others users who can't use internet connection normally. Before, it prompted to install once download finished, so it was possibleto keep the installation folder in case of reinstallation. Now, no...

You make me feel like a hostage of your will, do Ubisoft care about its guests? Or are we just credit card to pay investor's obligation?

About connection troubleshots, instead of annoying pop-up ads, why don't use the Uplay UI?

Thank you for you next answer

Ubi-Kay
10-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Hey Oceil, valid points thank you!

1+2.) Anno 2070, as you are aware does not actually use Uplay for the patching process and uses it's own auto-patcher. I can only advise that you contact the support team or visit the Anno 2070 forums with issues experienced with this.

3.) Is this from the Uplay Shop? Could you send me a private message with the username of the account affected? I'll pass a message along to the Shop team to refresh the download.

4.) Anno 2070 now uses the new download system, (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212485) if downloaded in this way you can backup the files, then when it comes to reinstalling, simply click the download button in Uplay PC and point the installer to this folder. It will then discover the files to save you from downloading again.

We really do care and here on the Uplay forums we encourage your feedback regarding Uplay PC in order to better improve our services. Thanks for the feedback regarding using the post-game window for support FAQs, I feel this though may cause confusion for the majority of users who are not experiencing an issue?

Thank you!

RdJ1
10-27-2015, 05:56 PM
I believe I saw some post about a workaround for the Anno problem, probably in this forum, or otherwise the Uplay technical support forum.

slash1243
10-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Hi there,
one year ago i already wrote your support what i think about uplay, after i had massive problems with it. But lets try it again:

If you are honest, programs like steam or uplay are not for the plesaure of your costumers, they just exist to control gamers und fight against ilegal copys. Thats not a problem for me, i alway pay for my games, but now we have a strange situation: there are still cracked gamecopys on the web, just a few days after the release of a new game. and actually this cracked versions are even more attractive than the original, because there a working without uplay.
But what is my Problem with Uplay?
1. At the moment im playing ac 3 again. But last week, when the new uplay was released, i couldnt start the game anymore. uplay showed that the game is not installed and i should download it again. I wrote to your support and i they told me that i have the install the game again. I made that, but than there was still the same problem. So just because you released a defective update of Ulay, i had a lot of trouble.

2. The only thing i ever expected from uplay was, that it is saving my savegames in the cloud, because always when i start or exit a game it shows, that savegames are synchronised with the cloud. but one year ago, when i had to format my computer i learned, that this is just not true. after i installed windows, uplay and all my games, all the savegames where lost (and yes, i activated the cloud-function!). your support then just told me: oh sorry, but i should always backup your savegames on your one. So Uplay is just lying, because it shows a function that is actually not working. And this is not just my problem, the web is full of people with the same problem!

So this is why i am angry about uplay and ubisoft, and why i dont really wanna spend my money for your games in the future!

Ubi-Kay
10-28-2015, 05:57 PM
Hello slash1243,

Uplay is not solely in place for DRM and has not been for many years now, it is more than that, with many additional features that the vast majority of players take pleasure in. While, I believe, keeping it streamlined enough if you do not wish to use these features.

1.) Yes we did experience an issue with the latest update of Uplay PC as described here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1301964-New-update-Uplay-doesn-t-recognize-my-installed-games-anymore?p=11094582&viewfull=1#post11094582), which was resolved a few hours later. I’m sorry that support asked to you to reinstall the game, rather than using the workaround I suggested in that post.

2.) While I understand your frustration with losing your save games, I’m afraid there’s nothing much I can say regarding this. Other than to reassure you that the Uplay Cloud Save system has been under constant improvement since its implementation. I'm aware that you believe this to be a massive widespread Uplay issue, but I can tell you that this is not the case, millions of players using Uplay are not experiencing this issue. I know that this does not help you and your save game is now long gone, but I can only ask you to keep an open mind and again apologize for the issues you have experienced to date.

Thank you.

RMuetz
10-28-2015, 07:21 PM
Since the last UPlay update all my games disappeared. I sent a note to the support serive and hope that they will restore my games.
However, very disappointed. Never happened to me with steam, battle.net, origin and gog...

Ubi-Kay
10-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Hey RMuetz, can you send me a private message with an activation key from one of the games that have 'disappeared'?

conlar58
10-28-2015, 10:38 PM
Hey RMuetz, can you send me a private message with an activation key from one of the games that have 'disappeared'?

Why do you need his activation key, that's like asking for his credit card number. Any game that he has installed under his account should be readily available to support staff. There should be a permanent record of games installed under his account.

Ubi-Kay
10-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Why do you need his activation key, that's like asking for his credit card number. Any game that he has installed under his account should be readily available to support staff. There should be a permanent record of games installed under his account.

You are correct, we are able to see a list of all games attached to an account using a username. In almost all cases of this nature, the games are actually linked to a second Uplay account, which seems to be the case here.

Having the activation key enables us to find the account it was activated with.

Either way, I appreciate your concern. ;)

RMuetz
10-30-2015, 07:26 PM
First of all many thanks for your quick reply. I have sent you a private message...

mir0slavchik
11-24-2015, 09:42 PM
Hi!

DESIGN:
I really like Ubisoft games and Uplay really liked, until recently. After updating, Uplay was similar to the mixture of Steam and Android. Looks pathetic. I really liked the old design. He was known for friendly interface and nice design.
I think if you conduct a survey, many people will vote for old variant.

STORE:
Not always scrolled down, often loaded symbols have to navigate to the site. In the menu fonts of different thickness. Looks not completed.

I apologize for my English, use translator.

abydosan
11-27-2015, 01:03 AM
Hi,

If I stop the game, the Uplay transforming to a very frustrating, innoying POPUP adwert thing. Adwert the new Rainbow Six Siege? Why? I preordered and the game on my list! I don't need those recommended games because I have or I don't care these games.
Stop this. If i can, I newer buy a game in Uplay (like thirdy party items) because this client not a solid program, this is a very agressive adwert software. You need learn from Steam or Origin lot of things...

Sorry, but I hate the popups...

Thank you

Askelad_
11-29-2015, 12:47 AM
Hi,

This UPlay thing is the worst piece of software I have ever seen. It's a just a giant DRM in disguise, gives absolutely no value to the user, is buggy ans slow and unrepsonsive as hell.
I just wanted to play Anno, so:
-i installed anno
-i dled all patches
-typed my user key
-then lauching anno forces me to use uplay
-download uplay
-create a uplay account
-reinstall uplay. doesn't change a thing.
-reisntall anno, patches, uplay, doesn't change a thing.
-after browsing the internet, and trying different things, found that you need to launch it in admin mode. because logic.
-click on activate game from uplay main screen. clicking button has no response.
-go in "my games page", then activate game, this time it works
-retype my user key in u play.
-launch anno from uplay.
-upon launch, anno relaunches uplay. i was expecting it to crash, but no, it realizes uplay is already launched. congrats.
-asks me to retype my user key for the 3rd time.
And then it tells me the user key is already used. Right, my brother who lent me the game must not have deactivated it years ago. But why couldn't it give me this information at step 1???

I honestly don't have the courage to ask him to go through all the process (plus manage to find his old uplay accoutn login/email/password) and lose X hours of his life so that i can finally try this game.
I learned my lesson, won't ever buy a game with Uplay. The persons who coded this thing should be ashame of themselves.

Sorry for bad english, not my native language...