PDA

View Full Version : If you could relive a memory. Who, where, why, when ?

strigoi1958
10-20-2015, 03:29 PM
If the technology existed now and you could use the machine.... where would you go ?

To an Event ? like Columbus discovering america ? The Battle of Hastings ? Saladin recapturing Jerusalem ?

A time like the middle ages ? The peak time of the Roman Empire ? The Fujiwara period ?

A specific place ? Ancient Egypt ? India under the Raj ?

To see a specific person ? King Arthur ? Hercules , Plato ? Charlemagne ? Genghis Khan ?

I haven't added my own choice yet as I need to think it through...

VestigialLlama4
10-20-2015, 03:35 PM
If the technology existed now and you could use the machine.... where would you go ?

Well honestly I wouldn't want to actually go to the past. I would much rather see it like in AC. Going to the past means living at a slower pace of life, it means lack of modern comforts and it means overall that you wouldn't actually fit in that time.

Having said that...

To an Event ?

Well I would like to take a stab and kill Hitler.

I haven't added my own choice yet as I need to think it through...

Have you seen the movie Midnight in Paris, well that's what I'd like to do.

TacticalGamerJ
10-20-2015, 03:47 PM
I would just relive my old memories, blinded by nostalgia? maybe but i think that it would still be better than my life at the moment.

cawatrooper9
10-20-2015, 04:00 PM
I'd go back to when my mom was still alive.

:nonchalance:

VestigialLlama4
10-20-2015, 04:09 PM
I'd go back to when my mom was still alive.

:nonchalance:

:(

With me, I would like to use time travel for vastly more selfish reasons, and tell my younger self to be a little less naive and afraid. But I don't think that's possible and who knows maybe those mistakes made me who I am today. There's a lovely French poem which goes

:Unhappy memories, yet be welcome, for you are my distant youth

strigoi1958
10-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Well honestly I wouldn't want to actually go to the past. I would much rather see it like in AC. Going to the past means living at a slower pace of life, it means lack of modern comforts and it means overall that you wouldn't actually fit in that time.

Having said that...

Well I would like to take a stab and kill Hitler.

Have you seen the movie Midnight in Paris, well that's what I'd like to do.

you can have all the modern comforts and be there as an invisible MD observer you can return to and from the future or move the timeline along as it suits yourself, watch or interact if you prefer...but you can only pick the one thing

@cawatrooper9 I think we all would like that .. (my parents are still alive in my heart) nice to visit them 1 more time but I think they'd tell me they'd rather I carried on living my life in the present... getting back on topic I would like to see the THIRTY YEARS WAR

What led up to it... the economic and human costs and how it affected the countries involved.

m4r-k7
10-20-2015, 04:49 PM
I would like to go back 4.5 billion years ago to see the beginning of Earth xD

VestigialLlama4
10-20-2015, 04:55 PM

Now that would be awesome. One of my favorite books is Cosmicomics by Italo Calvino.

Of course the advantage of this time machine is that the mysteries get solved. We will know finally if Jesus actually existed, we will know Jack the Ripper was, we will know who killed the Princes in the Tower, who is the man behind the Iron Mask, so it might be that centuries of speculation and fiction get overturned.

strigoi1958
10-20-2015, 04:55 PM

interesting... would it really have been a big bang or a combination of bangs... ?

cawatrooper9
10-20-2015, 05:00 PM
interesting... would it really have been a big bang or a combination of bangs... ?
That's more the beginning of the universe.

LoyalACFan
10-20-2015, 05:07 PM
If we're talking specifically about reliving a memory from your own DNA, Assassin's Creed-style, I guess I'd have to go check out the Irish Republican Army in its early days. That's the only interesting event my ancestors have ever been a party to as far as I know.

strigoi1958
10-20-2015, 05:10 PM
yes... i saw an interesting theory once where it was described like molten steel hitting a surface and smaller balls bouncing off in different directions... so the earth may well have been formed the moment the universe formed ... or it may have been later on.