PDA

View Full Version : Convince me this isn't a cheat!

XaeroTheHero
10-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Take a look at this replay and try convince me it is not a cheat:

game://replay/start?attackId=5625f36b5c98321a0c40450a

Notice how his HP reaches ZERO a total number of TWO times, and he doesn't die. I mean sure, I know how it's done also, but really? The handful few players left think the game is so important they need to cheat?

Marwojak-
10-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Well, I do not know. If You do tell me :)
I did not noticed it during the attack. I always play at low HP since I am using "Risk taker" stats, and I often die because of it.
During the attack I had heavy lags and it was one mess because of it. Almost no control over what I was doing.
But i did not noticed during the attack that HP was 0 3 times! And the third time for a quite long time (at least according to reply).
I am almost sure there is some desync between real attack and the replies. As You know reply is not a movie but real repetition of all players actions.
It seems that the game user plays during an attack is slightly different than the game computer plays during the reply.

Anyway it seems weird and not intentional on my side.
As I said I am ALMOST sure that the HP did not drop completely to 0 during the real attack.

IMBIGNSCAREY
10-20-2015, 03:24 PM
It's not a cheat... it's the bleed mechanic. See these patch notes for reference:

https://www.themightyquest.com/en/blog/patch-notes-december-10th

It took me a few tries to get the replay to display the Bleed properly... one of the many bugs that resides in the games replay code associated with heal/shield skills - but it's all above board. The times when his HP says zero he has white 'bleed' juice in his visual health points pool.

Here's a pic of the replay functioning as intended showing the Bleed and 0 HP - http://imgur.com/SX095Xi

XaeroTheHero
10-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Only reason to why I react at this is because I have successfully managed to do this hack myself on the previous test server, with permission from Ubisoft. I know it's very simple to do. But, I will take your words for it and I also want to take this opportunity to apologize for false accusation.

Marwojak-
10-21-2015, 10:00 AM
No problem. You are a bit to hasty on Your judgements young hobbit ;)

Cheating in this game would not make any sense for me.
I do not play easy, immortal build of Runaway since there is no joy of winning if You can not loose. For the same reason becoming immortal in any other "technical" way would be pointless as well and would defeat the purpose of playing anyway.

Marwojak-
10-21-2015, 10:08 AM
It's not a cheat... it's the bleed mechanic. See these patch notes for reference:

Thx WAR. I completely forgot about the problems bleed mechanics had with shielding skills. I did not noticed that it has been fixed in the actual attack mode only and still is not fixed in replays.
I should have guessed this myself.

XaeroTheHero
10-21-2015, 12:00 PM
No problem. You are a bit to hasty on Your judgements young hobbit ;)

Cheating in this game would not make any sense for me.
I do not play easy, immortal build of Runaway since there is no joy of winning if You can not loose. For the same reason becoming immortal in any other "technical" way would be pointless as well and would defeat the purpose of playing anyway.

Well, considering how many working hacks I have discovered in MQEL that was never fixed, I guess I easily jump to conclusions. Also, Ubisoft doesn't care about cheaters, so I should probably just go ahead and finally build my 20-room 3000 defense points castle now :D

Hereticide
10-21-2015, 05:16 PM
Well, considering how many working hacks I have discovered in MQEL that was never fixed, I guess I easily jump to conclusions. Also, Ubisoft doesn't care about cheaters, so I should probably just go ahead and finally build my 20-room 3000 defense points castle now :D

For the love of all that is holy, do that anyway. Or make a new account specifically to do it. I don't even play the game at all anymore but find myself logging in once a week in hopes that something interesting happened. Nothing ever does lol My defense is unchanged for the last 3 months and I don't even bother watching the replays of the same few attackers. I can't imagine it's even a fun castle for them anymore as they've been there enough to do it with their eyes closed lol

Marwojak-
10-21-2015, 06:15 PM
... build my 20-room 3000 defense points castle now :D

That would be fun and refreshing :)
Do it. UBI will not care anyway.

FctRacine
10-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Are you serious, it's really possible ?

Yeah, do it, it would be awesome! I would be the first one (or second ... or third ... or maybe the last .... ) to visit and die in your castle! :D

x-BlackKnight-x
10-22-2015, 03:57 AM
Also, Ubisoft doesn't care about cheaters..

UbiSoft does not care about anything related to this game.
We all know they continued to reduce resources until the sponge was dry.
The sponge has been dry for months.

Why not make a 100 room, 100,000 defense point castle?
Sort of like the clan castle concept that also never made it to the light of day.
Its not like you do not have the resources like the rest of the old players.
At this point, I would donate them to you.
I would LOVE to see the face of the first player in the castle, go WTF?, spending an hour trying to get through the castle, fail repeatedly, and run out of gold or revives.
Post the replay here, I will certainly watch it so I can laugh at UbiSoft's incompetence.

IMBIGNSCAREY
10-22-2015, 06:36 AM
...I should probably just go ahead and finally build my 20-room 3000 defense points castle now :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4kFWzCS-tUk/VXq13Y013iI/AAAAAAAAL3s/TGGDFyVxEsU/s640/Shia-LaBeouf-do-it-shias-everywhere-animated.gif

XaeroTheHero
10-22-2015, 09:28 AM
I have previously made a proof of concept video and reported the hack to Ubisoft. It was never patched, so it's still fully possible to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1P7VzG5FAI

IMBIGNSCAREY
10-22-2015, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1P7VzG5FAI

Lewl ;) Can't wait!!!

Mediasmederij
10-22-2015, 12:03 PM

Oh yes please do :cool:

Lets go wild with this game. I even bought some costumes lately on Steam to let my hero's die in style. And maybe that would be also the good moment to setup a MQEL memorial site on Tumblr or so where everybody easily can share the last fun!

Cheers,
VJS

uboras
10-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Lewl ;) Can't wait!!!
Well, the video doesn't show that the build can be successfully validated / stored on server side as there may be additional range checks that cannot be circumvented locally... Before the 4 totem limit was lifted I managed to get a fifth one into the castle in the editor after a crash of MQEL but the validation failed ( after successfully completing the validation run ) every time the data was sent to the server. Just saying...

XaeroTheHero
10-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Well, the video doesn't show that the build can be successfully validated / stored on server side as there may be additional range checks that cannot be circumvented locally... Before the 4 totem limit was lifted I managed to get a fifth one into the castle in the editor after a crash of MQEL but the validation failed every time the data was sent to the server. Just saying...

The hack I used is based on the same rules as the NPC castles, which doesn't have a room cap or a DP cap. If you look through the NPC castles you can see that there's castles with more than 8 rooms and more than 375 DP. The totem issue you stumbled onto probably crashed because there was an actual cap for totems. As you may have seen, NPC castles doesn't have totems.

WorldWWilliam
10-23-2015, 12:23 PM
I don't know what way people are "hacking" the game.

I in no way advocate hacking or using any 3rd party software because it's against the terms of service and I've never done it and wont ever do it on a ubisoft game.

But in the past people have been able to "hack" with http://www.cheatengine.org/ because it's as simple as downloading it opening a game inside cheat engine and then changing game values to what you want them to be. It's pretty easy to do on any game that isn't prepared for it. For example if it doesn't make sense it takes less then minute to change the "exp value" in pokemon to get a level 100 pokemon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMvDHzA-Vw

I'm surprised there isn't a bunch of people trolling with smurf accounts for fun since this game is pretty much dead.

QuadraticAdam
10-23-2015, 09:12 PM
so I should probably just go ahead and finally build my 20-room 3000 defense points castle now :D
Do it
Validate it
Post it

FctRacine
10-24-2015, 06:11 PM
It's fun to see how we all want to hack the game by now. :p

x-BlackKnight-x
10-24-2015, 07:00 PM
It's fun to see how we all want to hack the game by now. :p

Its called the "Band of Brothers" it used to be many years ago, instead of the petty squabbling torn apart by the incompetence of the design team, mismarketing of UbiSoft management, and unrealistic, overreaching goal planning by the creative directors.

Original game prediction months ago which already came true:

http://i.imgur.com/mjqwcFF.jpg

Its called the "Ubitard factor".
"The forces are strong with this company".

Game is wheezing its last breaths now, UbiSoft is not even monitoring the removal of scammers and spam on this forum.

The predicted future:
"FULL Ubitard"

http://i.imgur.com/ULkPMQb.jpg

I am thinking of turning this into a car bumper sticker, because no amount of external funds bails out stupidity.

WorldWWilliam
10-25-2015, 12:21 AM
That's why the saying goes: "Only reason EA kept winning the worst company in America is because Ubisoft is in France."

(Because EA is trying to improve or at least trying to make it look like there improving, Ubisoft is a train going full force through **** the consumer territory)

Pretty much every game ubisoft has released and is planning to release for a while now is broken (unbalanced/buggy/game mechanics bad/etc) and/or P2W (timers/microtransations that give you advantages in game even if pay to play games/etc)

And MQEL is a symptom of that no other gamers care about, Ubisoft don't care about either, Only us unlucky players who got invested in it got shafted. (Until there next games that do the same thing and the cycle of life continues)

XaeroTheHero
10-25-2015, 04:08 PM
That's why the saying goes: "Only reason EA kept winning the worst company in America is because Ubisoft is in France."

(Because EA is trying to improve or at least trying to make it look like there improving, Ubisoft is a train going full force through **** the consumer territory)

Pretty much every game ubisoft has released and is planning to release for a while now is broken (unbalanced/buggy/game mechanics bad/etc) and/or P2W (timers/microtransations that give you advantages in game even if pay to play games/etc)

And MQEL is a symptom of that no other gamers care about, Ubisoft don't care about either, Only us unlucky players who got invested in it got shafted. (Until there next games that do the same thing and the cycle of life continues)

I think very few people feel they got "shafted". So far I have only heard you and TBK say they feel they got shafted. Personally I feel I received awesome entertainment value for the money I spent on MQEL. I have spent waaaay more money on less entertaining activities. The only thing that I think is sad about MQEL is that there has never been any good consistent development team assigned to it. But there's a reason why it was like that. Now I can only hope that the recent 183 million dollars invested in Ubisoft by Vivendi, and all the new Ubisoft recruitment ads, means that MQEL will finaly go into real production.

x-BlackKnight-x
10-25-2015, 07:15 PM
means that MQEL will finaly go into real production.

I never felt shafted, I am jaded due to the incompetence, because I don't run my management responsibilities in any shape and form like this company, regardless of what may be believe is "necessary due to the work".
Ignoring the gaming community and what they request is bad business.

You need one of my above bumper stickers, it will come in useful very soon.
"Everything UbiSoft touches turns to a shade of brown".
I have heard this quote over and over again for the last 2-3 years.
UbiSoft will be absorbed by another company within 3-5 years, it is inevitable due to incompetence, this has nothing to exclusively related to MQFEL.
I wish all the employees the best in find alternative sources of income, if the company is liquidated instead.

x-BlackKnight-x
10-27-2015, 11:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xuhfhwi.jpg

I encourage all forms of insanity to expound on the weaknesses of code on this piece of crap.
This title will live in infamy, just like many of the players.

XaeroTheHero
10-27-2015, 01:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xuhfhwi.jpg

I encourage all forms of insanity to expound on the weaknesses of code on this piece of crap.
This title will live in infamy, just like many of the players.

Why don't you just leave already then ?

QuadraticAdam
10-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Why don't you just leave already then ?
We're all he has...

Eener101
10-28-2015, 04:51 PM
We're all he has...

and bashing him is all you guys have since there is ****-all going on with this dead "game".

Atleast he gives you guys something to click for the 2 people who are seemingly online all day every day on here. Like addicts camping outside of the doors of some closed down meth clinic in the hope of those doors opening again.

QuadraticAdam
10-28-2015, 11:11 PM
and bashing him is all you guys have since there is ****-all going on with this dead "game".

Atleast he gives you guys something to click for the 2 people who are seemingly online all day every day on here. Like addicts camping outside of the doors of some closed down meth clinic in the hope of those doors opening again.
LOL, nah man, most of my free time is spent cooking the meth in Payday2.

But since you're still around, I never did ask you... "Did you actually get banned in-game in MQEL?" I remember seeing a bunch of nasty comments from you on castles and then one day it just stopped.

GL HF

Eener101
11-02-2015, 04:25 PM
LOL, nah man, most of my free time is spent cooking the meth in Payday2.

But since you're still around, I never did ask you... "Did you actually get banned in-game in MQEL?" I remember seeing a bunch of nasty comments from you on castles and then one day it just stopped.

GL HF

I don't know who'se comments you saw, but that wasn't me. I hardly commented on castles if ever. Besides, my ingame name was different from my forum name. (because I am insecure like that)

But no, I didn't get banned. I simply lost interest in the pointless grinding and unbalanced mess..

Block n Load is my free time waster atm.

guest-ToAEggHk
11-03-2015, 05:21 AM
That would be fun and refreshing coque sony xperia z5 (http://www.etuicoquesamsung.com/category-accessoires-etui-coque-film-chargeur-sony-xperia-z5-703.html) www.etuicoquesamsung.com (http://www.etuicoquesamsung.com)