PDA

View Full Version : Concerning AC: Syndicate lacking multiplayer and some suggestions for the future

musash1001
10-20-2015, 04:14 AM
Hope they read this.

While I do appreciate that you wished to focus solely on making a functioning and fun single player experience, I do feel that you can certainly find a way to improve your efficiency for when it comes to Multiplayer.

My suggestion would be a delayed release of Multiplayer. Work on SIngle Player, as you have with Syndicate, and leave some way to hook in multiplayer via downloadable updates. GTA did this (horribly I might add since their servers didn't work right for a week or so), but I think you can do it better if you have two player, player-to-player connectivity. That way, no server problems, no reason the game should ever die.

Syndicate looks quite fun and interesting to explore, and I would consider a two-player coop to be the best choice for it. I understand the urge to have four-player coop, but I feel like two player coop would be a more lasting option. This way it's a much more stable player-to-player based connection and you don't have to worry about managing the servers. (I am only basing this on assumptions, i don't know how servers really work.)

Another suggestion would be to allow two players to connect, and then be able to play the game start to finish with that same person. That's what really turned me away from Unity because you have to join your friend(s), play around a bit, then when you have to progress, you have to disconnect, play story mission, then go through the process of joining your friend again. Just allow players the option to coop through story missions. Then again, that's just my preference to coop an entire game.

You guys are capable of making great games, but you keep trying to pump them out as fast as you can. You gotta calm it down. I'd rather wait 2 years for an amazing and functional game, than wait 1 for a mediocre and buggy game.

So please, Ubisoft. You can be the good guys here. Prove to everyone you can make great games again. You did so well in the past then it went downhill. You gotta bring yourselves back up. You can do it!

My best wishes.

EDIT: So after looking at Gameplay, I can see that despite saying they wanted to polish a good single player experience...they didn't really do much in the way of bringing anything new to the table or fixing the bugs. Severely disappointed

RdJ1
10-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Hope they read this.

They might if you post it in the right forum. This forum is for feedback on the Uplay client, not for feedback on AC. Post in the AC forum and the devs might read it.

On the subject, I love coop in ACU (apart from the obvious problems) and especially now that there are two main characters in Syndicate that would be the ultimate chance to at least give us 2 player coop.

Ubi-Kay
10-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Thanks, moved to Assassin's Creed forums.

VitoAuditore
10-20-2015, 06:18 PM
I would really-really like a multiplayer aspect again too, but I do understand they didnt do it this time. mp in unity was fun, but way too buggy. honestly tho, I would highly prefer pvp multiplayer over pve multiplayer. it just keeps me playing for a longer time. what I am really hoping, is that they left out mp in this game to work on it more and bring it back next year. plus, my friends aren't really gamers-they only game with other friends not solo- so the only way I can get em to play ac with me is with a multiplayer xD

strigoi1958
10-20-2015, 06:36 PM
I hated multiplayer games until Unity opened my eyes. I do like co-op games and even feel a 6 man team is achievable... but any more is usually chaos with too many talking and arguing over roles.

I'd like a co-op game assassins vs a co-op templar team... in a race to get something in a memory, setting traps for the other team or trying to assassinate each other. It would be great.

I'm a little tired of the wait 2 years point that people constantly roll out... there is no evidence to support that it would alter the game in anyway... and even if it did it might not be for the best.

As an example... 30 years ago I worked for a company making marine loading arms (google it) we had a 2 year contract to supply some hydraulic systems and it was much more time than we needed... we started off slowly (no rush, plenty of time) took on a few more projects as well, had time to think and make a few changes... then with 6 months left we realised the changes wouldn't work and all of a sudden it was frenzy... everyone panicking and working long hours, stressed and eventually the order was finished it was adequate but not as good as it could have been... the next similar order was 9 months... it was far superior because we didn't have time for distractions, we didn't have time to start re-thinking ideas, components or anything else we only had time to focus on the job in front of us every day and that is what made it better.

musash1001
10-26-2015, 05:53 AM
I hated multiplayer games until Unity opened my eyes. I do like co-op games and even feel a 6 man team is achievable... but any more is usually chaos with too many talking and arguing over roles.

I'd like a co-op game assassins vs a co-op templar team... in a race to get something in a memory, setting traps for the other team or trying to assassinate each other. It would be great.

I'm a little tired of the wait 2 years point that people constantly roll out... there is no evidence to support that it would alter the game in anyway... and even if it did it might not be for the best.

As an example... 30 years ago I worked for a company making marine loading arms (google it) we had a 2 year contract to supply some hydraulic systems and it was much more time than we needed... we started off slowly (no rush, plenty of time) took on a few more projects as well, had time to think and make a few changes... then with 6 months left we realised the changes wouldn't work and all of a sudden it was frenzy... everyone panicking and working long hours, stressed and eventually the order was finished it was adequate but not as good as it could have been... the next similar order was 9 months... it was far superior because we didn't have time for distractions, we didn't have time to start re-thinking ideas, components or anything else we only had time to focus on the job in front of us every day and that is what made it better.

Not really the same thing. A AAA game, even with a big company, usually takes round about 2-3 years to make. They've been trying to pump out an Assassin's Creed game once every year. They're sacrificing Quality for Quantity. That's not ok in my books. Looking at Syndicate now, I can see it's not really something I plan on picking up for a while. Especially if they still haven't fixed bugs. I know almost every game has bugs, but they should really try to minimize this stuff. I wouldn't mind a year and a half waits for these. I've said this before, I'd rather wait for a good, finished and interesting game rather than get a buggy and janky game as soon as possible. At this point, they're just trying to rake in the dough and I refuse to be a part of it.

RobertMcSassin
10-26-2015, 07:13 AM
One of these days you people that complain that they should take more than the one year to develop AC games might actually read the stuff that says each game has been in development for the 2-3 years...It's not, "Right, this one's gone Gold...what next?..."...

Syndicate was in development before Black Flag came out...Possibly, given the links Unity and the Kenway stuff that's thrown in, Even as far back as the late-up-to-release days of ACIII's development...

Why can't people get that whatever it looks like, each team has been developing these games for the 2-3 years...It's just separate teams leading each game...

Oy...

Oh...And personally speaking...Syndicate is the best and most fun that AC has been for Years...

And while breaking down the individual things may see deficiencies in certain departments - Jacob and Evie aren't my fave assassins...They're alright, but nothing truly awesome...The soundtrack is utterly terrible...Sorry, if that's your thing, then fair enough...But the music volume slider's been down for the past couple of days...So terrible...

anyways...My point is, the sum of the entire thing has made this my fave AC game...Just play it...It's fun...Properly fun...