PDA

View Full Version : Restore Ubisoft Game (Assassin's Creed Unity)

dargor5
10-19-2015, 08:56 PM
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I'll ask in case anyone has found a way around this.
I recently did a hard drive format and windows install. I have all my games in another drive so those were unaffected.
How should I proceed so I don't have to download the games again? I have a very limited cap and I was playing FC4 and Unity, both games will really eat up my internet usage if I have to download those again.

There must be a way where I don't have to download the entire games again having them already on my computer

strigoi1958
10-19-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm not 100% certain YazX_ is the top guy for this but... I think you start to download the game (maybe 8 or 10% or less) then stop the download. Exit uplay, copy the entire contents from the folder in other drive into the new folder (420 for FC4 and 720 for Unity (I think)

then restart uplay and continue download... it should see the files are there and stop downloading.

I'm not sure if it may require some reg files changed (I don't think so but I'm usually wrong) and they may need to be verified and download any updates.

It's worth a try and it's better than downloading 100 GB

dargor5
10-20-2015, 02:20 AM
I'm not 100% certain YazX_ is the top guy for this but... I think you start to download the game (maybe 8 or 10% or less) then stop the download. Exit uplay, copy the entire contents from the folder in other drive into the new folder (420 for FC4 and 720 for Unity (I think)

then restart uplay and continue download... it should see the files are there and stop downloading.

I'm not sure if it may require some reg files changed (I don't think so but I'm usually wrong) and they may need to be verified and download any updates.

It's worth a try and it's better than downloading 100 GB

Thanks will try this tonight :)

Edit: strigoi1958 you are THE MAN!!, that worked like a charm, only downloaded 300mb and transfer the files as you said, after that just verify and boom I can play again.

PS: SHAME ON YOU Ubisoft for not making this process integrated on uplay

strigoi1958
10-20-2015, 05:29 AM
I wish I could take credit but actually I remember the mods posted it somewhere so technically Ubisoft gets the credit ;) but I am so happy it worked... I bought a new pc and I have to download every game again.... luckily no cap and a superfast connection. I should back u data really... I have loads of HDD's.

YazX_
10-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Thanks will try this tonight :)

Edit: strigoi1958 you are THE MAN!!, that worked like a charm, only downloaded 300mb and transfer the files as you said, after that just verify and boom I can play again.

PS: SHAME ON YOU Ubisoft for not making this process integrated on uplay

Good you got it sorted out as this is the old way to do it, actually UPlay has this feature integrated since AC:Unity Launch and all games released after Unity supports this feature, before the latest UPlay release you had to click a button called "Discover Game Files", now they integrated it with the download process to detect the game files, so you just click download and point it to where the files are located and it will discover game files and download corrupted/missing ones.