PDA

View Full Version : People with review copies can upload from the 19th October?

pacmanate
10-19-2015, 08:49 PM
As far as I know, anyone with a review copy can upload whatever they want from Syndicate freely onto the internet.

#What?

Firstly, this is how spoilers happen, and second, why not just push the release date forward then if they dont care about "leaks"?

Farlander1991
10-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Up to Sequence 4 only (and not everything for Sequence 4 as well) is allowed.

pacmanate
10-19-2015, 08:55 PM
Up to Sequence 4 only (and not everything for Sequence 4 as well) is allowed.

I guess thats a little better... but still. Maybe I'm just approching this differently but I don't really see why you would want 4 sequences of your game out when it only has 9. Thats nearly half your game.

RVSage
10-19-2015, 08:55 PM
Only upto sequence 1-4, nukemdukem in his stream mentioned sequence 5-9 will be streamed from thursday . So Thursday, we get complete reviews, walkthroughs e.t.c

I guess thats a little better... but still. Maybe I'm just approching this differently but I don't really see why you would want 4 sequences of your game out when it only has 9. Thats nearly half your game.

1 and 2 one mission each, sequence 3 was like 6-7 missions, and sequence 4 is like 3

Farlander1991
10-19-2015, 09:00 PM

Well, Sequence 1 and 2 are 1 (lengthy, but still) mission each, both outside of London, and Sequence 4 isn't allowed fully, so it's not like they're revealing that much more than they had already.

Besides, as copies have shipped, leaks will happen regardless, you will close one, another will open up, because with review copies out there and people having bunch of copies from stores that broke street days, you can't really force close anything, really. So allowing to show content is actually better, because the 'exclusivity' of leaks gets removed, and there will be enough for people to wait over until the end of the week anyway.

1 and 2 one mission each, sequence 3 was like 6-7 missions, and sequence 4 is like 3

Sequence 4 has more than 3 missions, just about 3-4 are allowed for show.

cawatrooper9
10-19-2015, 09:01 PM
As far as I know, anyone with a review copy can upload whatever they want from Syndicate freely onto the internet.

#What?

Firstly, this is how spoilers happen, and second, why not just push the release date forward then if they dont care about "leaks"?
It's about generating publicity. Unity got a lot of flak because their embargo was too late (noon on release date, if I'm not mistaken). By letting reviewers distribute their knowledge of the game thus far, it shows confidence on the dev's part, and after Unity's release date fiasco I'd say that Syndicate can use all the confidence it can get.

pacmanate
10-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Wait wait... Sequence 1 and 2 are one mission each?

RVSage
10-19-2015, 09:54 PM
Wait wait... Sequence 1 and 2 are one mission each?

Yes seq 1 and 2 and are a mission each introducing Jacob and Evie, sequence 3 is like 7 missions and so is sequence 4.

Farlander1991
10-19-2015, 10:05 PM
Well, Seq1 and Seq2 are just one mission each, but the gameplay time amounts to about 20-25 minutes in each, judging by videos. So in terms of pure length, they're not the shortest sequences (heck, in other AC games there are sequences with the same length but that have more missions), though one might say they're light on story, they're setting up the motivations of both Jacob and Evie that they'll have throughout the game.

cawatrooper9
10-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Yes seq 1 and 2 and are a mission each introducing Jacob and Evie, sequence 3 is like 7 missions and so is sequence 4.

That's... odd. But I'm glad to hear that 3 and 4 are more dense!

pacmanate
10-19-2015, 10:44 PM
That is odd, but yes, i hope everything past 4 is just as dense.

I-Like-Pie45
10-19-2015, 10:50 PM
it'll probably be all 2 - 3 missions after that just like all the other games hee hee

pacmanate
10-19-2015, 11:04 PM
it'll probably be all 2 - 3 missions after that just like all the other games hee hee

:'(

SofaJockey
10-19-2015, 11:56 PM
Youtubers can post huge chunks of the game,
but reviews are embargoed to Thursday?

Makes no sense to me.

Moultonborough
10-20-2015, 03:14 AM
IGN and esp. Gamespot posted over an hour long gameplay sessions with additional details. Some small ones with MD. Not just YouTubbers.