PDA

View Full Version : [Official] Day One patch is 534 MB on PS4 and 520 MB on Xbone

Assassin_M
10-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Courtesy of Reddit and UbiJohkr:

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/3p9jrc/assassins_creed_syndicate_has_a_18gb_day_one/cw585ce?context=3

Just in case there was any lingering doubts

cawatrooper9
10-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Well, at least that's a lot smaller than the 18GB people were talking about earlier, haha

RVSage
10-19-2015, 09:09 PM
yet another Ubi hate propaganda busted. To be honest I did believe it for a while, glad it is proven wrong

cawatrooper9
10-19-2015, 09:31 PM
yet another Ubi hate propaganda busted. To be honest I did believe it for a while, glad it is proven wrong
An 18 GB patch would've been bigger than the entire game file for Unity, wouldn't it? :p

RVSage
10-19-2015, 09:33 PM
An 18 GB patch would've been bigger than the entire game file for Unity, wouldn't it? :p

Was Unity not 50gb?

cawatrooper9
10-19-2015, 09:38 PM
Was Unity not 50gb?

You could totally be right, I have no idea. I'm not used to these current gen file sizes yet.

RVSage
10-19-2015, 09:55 PM
You could totally be right, I have no idea. I'm not used to these current gen file sizes yet.

Just cross checked, Unity was 50gb indeed

HDinHB
10-21-2015, 01:16 AM
More official:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-syndicate-has-two-day-one-patches/1100-6431560/

Assassin's Creed Syndicate will have two day one patches, but they aren't anywhere close to as large as rumors say they are. Community manager Gabe Graziani confirmed on Reddit that the upcoming action-adventure game will have two launch patches, together totaling just over 1 GB.

"We actually have two patches that will be available on Day 1," he wrote. "The first patch (titled 1.10) will be 541MB, the second (titled 1.11) will be 534MB."

If they keep adding 1/2 GB per day, we should get to around 3GB by release. :p

Here's some good news:

http://www.nowgamer.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-will-have-two-day-one-patches/

It’s worth noting – the first of these patches is out now, and is being applied to press/review copies of the game. The second one – the one that updates the version to 1.11 – will go live on launch day. From what’s been played and released from press outlets so far, it’s clear there aren’t Unity level bugs in the game, either, so the point of this mystery 534MB patch is a mystery to us.

And some different spin in the headlines:

"Assassin’s Creed Syndicate’s day one patch is comparatively small" -- TechnoBuffalo

"Assassin's Creed Syndicate Has Two Day One Patches" -- GameSpot

"Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Will Have TWO Day One Patches" -- NOWGamer

pacmanate
10-21-2015, 12:05 PM
sooo what are the patch notes for the review copies?

SenseHomunculus
10-21-2015, 01:14 PM
sooo what are the patch notes for the review copies?

Yeah I hope some early copy people let us know.

lothario-da-be
10-21-2015, 07:01 PM
I don't get all the drama for these day one patches. When CD project does it people tell them it's good that they take care of the game. When Ubi does it people say the game will be garbage...

Moultonborough
10-22-2015, 04:00 AM
I think it goes that way because:

A) CDPR does not put out games as fast (or rushed) as Ubisoft does. They have the extra time to go through and make sure everything will work right away.

B) AC (and Ubisoft as a whole) is known for the glitches in their games. And after the massive patches that Unity had one after another not to mention the no face glitch Ubisoft became open targets.

So when people see a patch to a Ubisoft game a lot of people will hop on the bandwagon and say it will suck because of it. :rolleyes:

Domestico
10-22-2015, 09:13 AM
And people are still reporting glitches like invisible characters and frame rate dips. Glad I didn't preorder this.

Aphex_Tim
10-22-2015, 09:42 AM
People are prone to exaggerate when it comes to Assassin's Creed. And I'm 100% sure there's people out there who will deliberately be looking for flaws to whine about them on the internet. It's still cool to hate Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed. Not saying Syndicate will be flawless but right now, when the day-one patch isn't yet released, it's simply too early to judge.

Edit: Also, a day one patch makes sense to me. When creating games, there's gonna be deadlines. And in Ubisoft's case, very strict deadlines. At some point a "final" product must be submitted for production to make the release date. In the meantime, the team simply continues to work on the game and updates it on release.

pacmanate
10-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Got Patches 1.10 and 1.11, guess the 1.11 is the day 1 patch.

Patch notes are huge, was gonna post them here in screenshot form but too much effort.