PDA

View Full Version : A birrion questions

EmperorsGaming
10-17-2015, 08:49 PM
1) Is this like Chivalry, like team vs team objectives, hold this, destroy that, kill them, on steroids? Seems like a similar playstyle but the graphics, the depth, everything went full Lance Armstrong and roided out to amazingness.

2) Will playing and winning give you $$ or exp to unlock new weapon types with better damage, or reach, or speed?

3) Any sort of official guilds/teams to play with? I think it'd be pretty cool for large groups of friends to create their own guild, insignia, name, and color to compete vs other guilds (provided they had enough members) for like, a ranked based system.

4) Can we get like pets to follow us for shiggles. Like little baby panda's or puppys following us as we dismember our foes.

5) When can I expect this game to launch?

6) How can I get involved in the beta?

7) More weapon types? Like, 1 handed swords/axes/maces/shields or big 2 handed swords, hammers, axes, spears, can we get spears? I like spears.

8) Can we get longbows and crossbows as well as shortbows? If you haven't seen the video on the acrobat guy using a shortbow up close and personal like how ancient murals and books depicted, it's pretty effing sweet.

9) what's the max team sizes?

10) Does this game come with paper bags because i'm hyperventilating as we speak.

premiumart
10-17-2015, 09:31 PM
1) We only know one game mode at this point ( i beleive) which is called dominion. 2 teams fgiht for control of 3 ponts.

2) We dont really know much about progression yet, but every hero will have different weapons, fighting styles and armors and there are a few variations of armors that are purely cosmetic. The weapons will probably be unique and balanced weapons and not just upgrades.

3) I dont know anyhting about that. I also had that thought but with 4vs4 matches you basicly just need a team of 4.

4) No idea. Probably no.

5) early 2016

6) stay tuned, i guess XD

7) Yes there are different weapon types, we saw a glimps of flail and shield fighting style. Maybe even spears.

8) Why want one longrange weapon if you can call down a flaming boulder or a arrow volley ? XD

9) In dominion 4

10) You d be probably dead by then. XD

Eiddard
10-17-2015, 09:45 PM
1) For Honor has some similarities with a lot of different genres and games, FPS, MOBAs, Ancient combat games, at the end of th day is hard to compare it with any of those directly, its more like a new genre/type of game.

2) We don't have information about it.

3) There is no information about guilds/teams either.

4) I hope not, and luckily for me, this game doesn't point in that direction.

5) Next year.

6) There is no news yet, just register in the official site.

7) There will be more weapons, each faction has different classes, until now we only saw 2 classes, The Oni (from the faction The Chosen) and The Warden (from The Legion), I guess there will be minimun of 4 classes per faction, and don't expect more than 9-10.

8) I don't expect long range weapons, and there has been a huge discussion here and most people don't want them in the game, mostly we accept some range feats, as the kunai from The Oni, but most people don't want full range classes.

9) We don't know the gamemodes, in Dominion which is the only one shown, 4 is the size of the teams.

10) ...

coma987
10-18-2015, 04:40 PM
About the weapons I wrote here about them https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/3p7xd7/mega_thread_of_things_that_you_couldve_possibly/

Dead1y-Derri
10-19-2015, 03:46 PM
1) Is this like Chivalry, like team vs team objectives, hold this, destroy that, kill them, on steroids? Seems like a similar playstyle but the graphics, the depth, everything went full Lance Armstrong and roided out to amazingness.

In one sense yes, the theme is somewhat similar. However the control system and combat depth is much more diverse as well as the killstreaks and how the game works.

2) Will playing and winning give you $$ or exp to unlock new weapon types with better damage, or reach, or speed?

It has not been explained as of yet how the unlock system will work but I'd imagine it will use XP or something similar.

3) Any sort of official guilds/teams to play with? I think it'd be pretty cool for large groups of friends to create their own guild, insignia, name, and color to compete vs other guilds (provided they had enough members) for like, a ranked based system.

I don't believe so, as of yet.

4) Can we get like pets to follow us for shiggles. Like little baby panda's or puppys following us as we dismember our foes.

Who knows?

I honestly don't see this happening as historically dogs of war weren't too common among the factions. I believe Romans used dogs and some other factions throughout the historical period used dogs trained for battle but I don't think For Honor will have this.

5) When can I expect this game to launch?

I believe it'll be Holiday 2016 or at least late 2016.

6) How can I get involved in the beta?

No official news as of yet for the Beta but watch the forums as you never know when they'll give info about an Alpha or Beta. If you make sure to sign up at http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/home/ to receive emails and cool news. I think this may be the way they communicate about the Beta.

7) More weapon types? Like, 1 handed swords/axes/maces/shields or big 2 handed swords, hammers, axes, spears, can we get spears? I like spears.

Not all weapons have been confirmed but those with a shield will use a one handed blade, the Warden uses a two handed sword. Vikings I believe are known to use axes. We haven't gotten a full list as of yet so who knows....you might get your spear you so desire.

8) Can we get longbows and crossbows as well as shortbows? If you haven't seen the video on the acrobat guy using a shortbow up close and personal like how ancient murals and books depicted, it's pretty effing sweet.

From when I spoke to the developers at Gamescom, ranged combat is basically down to feats e.g. killstreaks such as the catapult, arrow storm and things like throwing knives. I believe the developers don't want a game that has too much ranged combat as then it becomes a crappy third person shooter (their words). So I don't think For Honor will have them.

9) what's the max team sizes?

Right now its 4 V 4 but that's all we know so far. Who knows if we'll see bigger modes.

10) Does this game come with paper bags because i'm hyperventilating as we speak.

If pre ordered from selected retailers, a bag may be included, although material origin may be unknown (That last answer, I was just joking about)

WYRDB0Y
10-21-2015, 04:24 AM

http://i.imgur.com/p26EVRL.gif

MisterWillow
10-22-2015, 11:10 AM
What.'s the matter..?

You're telling me you don't want an adorable little cuddly creature following you through the battlefield, relishing in your triumph, getting splattered with blood, and/or staring forlornly at your dead body when you lose?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PtD1OlEyGqA/VRB6rYtRf2I/AAAAAAAAO4I/esPhHnMyPjI/w500-h403/RDJ%2BGIF%2B%25283%2529.gif

WYRDB0Y
10-22-2015, 06:16 PM
Let's just say I'd put the 'cute' in execute for this one >:-).

And OP forgot to add the inclusion of schoolgirl & maid outfits, foundations of a good video game.:rolleyes:

MisterWillow
10-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Let's just say I'd put the 'cute' in execute for this one >:-).

https://33.media.tumblr.com/09daab447330ca3301cfa57ab901a6f2/tumblr_my4lsuXzHx1t7mbl9o2_500.gif

And OP forgot to add the inclusion of schoolgirl & maid outfits, foundations of a good video game.:rolleyes:

And silly hats to put on top of our helmets... cause then it's extra-silly. :p

Dead1y-Derri
10-26-2015, 12:48 AM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/09daab447330ca3301cfa57ab901a6f2/tumblr_my4lsuXzHx1t7mbl9o2_500.gif

And silly hats to put on top of our helmets... cause then it's extra-silly. :p

Aww that's mean....but I do agree, a pet wouldn't exactly work its way into the game very well.

MisterWillow
10-26-2015, 03:08 AM
Aww that's mean...

Maybe a little. The proposition seems like a useless addition, though. I mean, what would they do? Stare at you while you're fighting some guy? Even while you're being murdered? Truth be told, I like the idea of a Viking with a wolf at their side, but that image becomes unappealing if the thing doesn't attack something during the fight; and all the work that would go into programming that AI (or adding in commands for your pet), and figuring out how to defend against it, it becomes more of a headache than it's worth.

The only 'silly' things I'd be okay with, though, are things that are practical but out-of-place---wooden weapon or armour skins for example---or 'special occasion' things, like, for Halloween weekend everyone's skinned out like classic monsters (witches, demons, mummies, etc.), same for Christmas (getting helmets with reindeer antlers clipped on; Santa hats; etc.). Things like that wouldn't really affect anything, since it's just for a day or two and then everything goes back to normal.

WYRDB0Y
10-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Maybe a little. The proposition seems like a useless addition, though. I mean, what would they do? Stare at you while you're fighting some guy? Even while you're being murdered? Truth be told, I like the idea of a Viking with a wolf at their side, but that image becomes unappealing if the thing doesn't attack something during the fight; and all the work that would go into programming that AI (or adding in commands for your pet), and figuring out how to defend against it, it becomes more of a headache than it's worth.

It is, but I don't want tacky, pointless MMO crap in my (semi) realistic, historical martial combat game. (Not saying that there was ever a chance of it happening). I suggest, don't get offended by sarcasm, it's just a joke and I reflect on how some games compromise their theme, just to appeal to a wider audience. (Again, not saying that this game would ever do that, I'm pretty sure it's quite the opposite)

As for realistic animals being in the game, if it's for single-player campaign I'd be okay with it. For multiplayer it would just throw off the balance of the game, as you said more work for the devs to implement and also more things to balance out; and in the end you just get a mess with not much added value to the gameplay, because let's be honest what's more satisfying? Knowing that you beat your opponent in mind and reflexes, where your skill mattered or sending out some bots for a cheap kill. Sure it could be fun to watch the latter, but competitively you don't earn anything, just a few threads on the forums saying how OP or unreliable the pet is:rolleyes:.
Idk why I'm rambling about this so much, but to make my point, the best competitive games (which become esports) have a clean and balanced core gameplay, and since here the core is about the art of battle system, AI controlled pet would be a no no.

P.S. english is not my first language, it can be hard to explain myself in a sophisticated way sometimes.

MisterWillow
10-28-2015, 03:40 AM
It is, but I don't want tacky, pointless MMO crap in my (semi) realistic, historical martial combat game. (Not saying that there was ever a chance of it happening). I suggest, don't get offended by sarcasm, it's just a joke and I reflect on how some games compromise their theme, just to appeal to a wider audience. (Again, not saying that this game would ever do that, I'm pretty sure it's quite the opposite)

Agreed. The whole vibe of the devs seems to be that they want to have fun but still keep the tone at least somewhat serious.

P.S. english is not my first language, it can be hard to explain myself in a sophisticated way sometimes.

Could've fooled me. :D