PDA

View Full Version : Bring the D-man back NOW, Ubisoft!

booty_fiend
10-17-2015, 12:39 AM
desmond is the epitome of the saying "you don't know what you've got until it's gone." i mean, even i'll admit to wanting him dead sometimes (very rarely), because i felt that he was breaking up the immersion in the past (which was not the case at all), but holy hell, i never knew things would be this god awful without him. like, wow! it's just BAD now. not good. not bearable. BAD. this series has seemingly lost the glue that kept it and quality together (not quantity, folks; big difference). save for ac4 (which was good because desmond still had a spiritual presence in the game), practically everything with (as to include the turd that was ac3) and after desmond's death in this series has, at minimum, been increasingly sub-par, imo. now we have electric bombs, batman: arkham gadgets, invisibility and fluid freerunning - stuff that we haven't even had in modern day yet, after nine games (nine because we know modern day is going to blow in syndicate as well). seems just a bit backwards; just a bit, though...

you guys asked for it. i remember nolan north saying that the original plan was to make desmond the ultimate assassin and wrap this up before it got out of hand, but nope; you all had to let desmond rustle your jimmies so much that your numerous complaints resulted in not only his death, but quite possibly the spiritual death of the series.

i don't care how you do it, ubisoft - i really don't. just bring back the man whose presence somehow made this series at least bearable.

without this man, modern day in particular (and the entire series, really) is just one big toilet bowl being shat in every year. it's sad how they fall. *sniffle wiffle*

#bringdesmondback
#acisnothingwithoutdesmond
#withoutdesmondthereisnomodernday
#youallkilledhim

Assassin_M
10-17-2015, 12:40 AM
No.

dxsxhxcx
10-17-2015, 12:44 AM
Desmond is dead, we need a new MD protagonist...

booty_fiend
10-17-2015, 12:57 AM
Desmond is dead, we need a new MD protagonist...
aw, he's not dead, just unconscious for the time being.

i mean, i'd be okay if they actually allowed desmond to find this 'eve' character like subject 16 recommended and then replace him with said character, but it seems that was retconned. *smh*

Assassin_M
10-17-2015, 12:59 AM
He's dead. Move on.

dxsxhxcx
10-17-2015, 01:01 AM

i mean, i'd be okay if they actually allowed desmond to find this 'eve' character like subject 16 recommended and then replace him with said character, but it seems that was retconned. *smh*

if you're suggesting that he might return and interact with us in a similar way S16 did and Juno does, I really hope this doesn't happen, I think we had enough of that with S16..

S16' message in Brotherhood had enough hints to justify a new protagonist (a female one, preferably) and some fresh and genuine mistery this franchise is in need of.

booty_fiend
10-17-2015, 01:09 AM
if you're suggesting that he might return and interact with us in a similar way S16 did and Juno does, I really hope this doesn't happen, I think we had enough of that with S16..
that wasn't really a suggestion at all, but now that you've mentioned it...

s16 gave the modern day some flavor. now, it has decayed into walking around as a floating tablet and hacking computer with a low-res frogger program.

anything reminiscent of the flavor s16 provided would be nice, honestly.

ze_topazio
10-17-2015, 01:13 AM
Dezio? Daltair? D'Arno? Don Connor? aDéwalé?

I-Like-Pie45
10-17-2015, 01:23 AM
its not fair if all the other people who died and never came back who were more important than desmond like john marston and mr. rogers stayed dead while desmond gets to come back

dxsxhxcx
10-17-2015, 01:23 AM
that wasn't really a suggestion at all, but now that you've mentioned it...

s16 gave the modern day some flavor. now, it has decayed into walking around as a floating tablet and hacking computer with a low-res frogger program.

anything reminiscent of the flavor s16 provided would be nice, honestly.

I agree with you but... I wasn't saying that they shouldn't try to bring the mystery back, I just think that we don't need Desmond for that, and that there are other ways to spark people's interest without relying on the same formula they've used with S16.

booty_fiend
10-17-2015, 01:28 AM
its not fair if all the other people who died and never came back who were more important than desmond like john marston and mr. rogers stayed dead while desmond gets to come back
life ain't fair.