PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 ways AC Syndicate can fail

pacmanate
10-16-2015, 08:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ixAbDt5L8M

Personally agree with everything he said. They are my worries.

Assassin_M
10-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Well, we know that there wont be any third party stuff, thankfully. And the rope launcher is just a practical solution. Agreed with everything else, though.

pacmanate
10-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Well, we know that there wont be any third party stuff, thankfully. And the rope launcher is just a practical solution. Agreed with everything else, though.

I kind of see the similarities to batman now though.

Quickfire gadgets
Eagle vision - Detective Vision
Rope launcher
Combo meters

Assassin_M
10-16-2015, 09:06 PM

Quickfire gadgets
Rope launcher
Combo meters
AC pretty much locked it in the vehicle department too. We had the bat tank in Brotherhood.

RVSage
10-16-2015, 09:08 PM

Quickfire gadgets
Rope launcher
Combo meters

apart from eagle vision yes to everything else, clean inspiration from Batman, but I guess for eagle vision it is the other way around

dxsxhxcx
10-16-2015, 09:34 PM
apart from eagle vision yes to everything else, clean inspiration from Batman, but I guess for eagle vision it is the other way around

see through walls (probably the most useful thing EV can do, even though I hate it) was a thing since B:AA (2009) though.

LoyalACFan
10-16-2015, 09:36 PM

I wouldn't say EV inspired Detective Vision (compare Arkham Asylum's Detective Mode to AC1's Eagle Vision, they're totally different mechanics) but I think Batman probably inspired the decision to make EV see through walls and highlight interactable stuff.

booty_fiend
10-16-2015, 09:40 PM
this game has SO much potential to fail

BananaBlighter
10-16-2015, 09:40 PM
see through walls (probably the most useful thing EV can do, even though I hate it) was a thing since B:AA (2009) though.

Do not worry, you need a skill in Syndicate to see through walls, so if you don't get it (like I'm planning on doing) there's nothing to worry about. Plus there's no achievement tied to it either.

booty_fiend
10-16-2015, 09:48 PM
this game is pretty much "batman: arkham syndicate"

i can't wait to see the sh!tstorm that brews when people realize how blatantly bad this game is

inb4: "b-b-but it's not even out yet, dude!"

just look at the gameplay videos. the game is just one big, syndicated turd

dxsxhxcx
10-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Do not worry, you need a skill in Syndicate to see through walls, so if you don't get it (like I'm planning on doing) there's nothing to worry about. Plus there's no achievement tied to it either.

nice, I wasn't aware of it, a step in the right direction, even thinking that this feature (skill tree) has no place in AC, at least this time it'll be put to good use.

EV was always something that made more sense story-wise than gameplay-wise for me, it's an extra sense that gives its user an edge over others but it's kinda hard to translate that into a useful mechanic without making it OP (like it is now), apart from finding the Glyphs left by S16 it is pretty pointless, ironically, the game where (IMO) this extra sense was best translated into gameplay was ACR, where we had to track down the Den's captains using EV (what many consider a downgrade).

BananaBlighter
10-16-2015, 10:06 PM
nice, I wasn't aware of it, a step in the right direction, even thinking that this feature (skill tree) has no place in AC, at least this time it'll be put to good use.

I agree, skill trees aren't the kind of thing we need in AC. I liked how in AC1 we learnt new skills, not by spending imaginary points, but as we progressed through the story. Each skill had context (new piece of gear) rather than Altair suddenly magically being able to do something having 'bought' it. IMO, skills shouldn't be just tied to story but side quests too, and there should be context for learning them, not, "I got some xp for air assassinating people and spent it on eagle vision,".

SixKeys
10-16-2015, 10:15 PM

i can't wait to see the sh!tstorm that brews when people realize how blatantly bad this game is

To be fair, right up until it came out I would have said the same thing about your beloved AC4. It wasn't until I played the game that I could see they really had learned from past mistakes.

pacmanate
10-16-2015, 10:17 PM
To be fair, right up until it came out I would have said the same thing about your beloved AC4. It wasn't until I played the game that I could see they really had learned from past mistakes.

For a lot of people, I think they are hoping Syndicate is what AC4 was to AC3. The on day release for reviews for AC4 scared me too and I get the same feeling now.

Actually if it wasn't for AC4 i would have given up on the franchise. AC3 let me down and AC4 had to save me, it did.

Then Unity happened...

So now I'm at the same stage with Syndicate. Deja vu.

BananaBlighter
10-16-2015, 10:18 PM
For a lot of people, I think they are hoping Syndicate is what AC4 was to AC3. The on day release for reviews for AC4 scared me too and I get the same feeling now.

Actually if it wasn't for AC4 i would have given up on the franchise. AC3 let me down and AC4 had to save me, it did.

Then Unity happened...

So now I'm at the same stage with Syndicate. Deja vu.

I'm definitely one of those people.

booty_fiend
10-16-2015, 10:21 PM
I agree, skill trees aren't the kind of thing we need in AC. I liked how in AC1 we learnt new skills, not by spending imaginary points, but as we progressed through the story. Each skill had context (new piece of gear) rather than Altair suddenly magically being able to do something having 'bought' it. IMO, skills shouldn't be just tied to story but side quests too, and there should be context for learning them, not, "I got some xp for air assassinating people and spent it on eagle vision,".
e-****ing-xactly. this is such a well-formed reason for why skill trees just don't suit the ac series.

if ubisoft only listened to their fans more often than not...

Zafar1981
10-17-2015, 04:00 AM
I agree with the re playability value. I can't remember how many time I had replayed AC 1, 2, Brotherhood. Did finished AC IV BF 2 time.

AC 3 I finished once and never tried to start again.

I think its the annual release process which brought its toll.

Unity would had been a great game if it was released after a number of years gap and well polished.

VestigialLlama4
10-17-2015, 05:48 AM

You know that would be a cool title for an Arkham game in the future. Obviously not made by Rocksteady.

Not really. The gameplay videos overall give a more positive impression than Unity.

VestigialLlama4
10-17-2015, 05:49 AM
I agree with the re playability value. I can't remember how many time I had replayed AC 1, 2, Brotherhood. Did finished AC IV BF 2 time.

AC 3 I finished once and never tried to start again.

I think its the annual release process which brought its toll.

Unity would had been a great game if it was released after a number of years gap and well polished.

I don't know how people can complain about annual releases and say they like Black Flag in the same breath. Black Flag was an annualized release.

Assassin_M
10-17-2015, 06:12 AM
Not necessarily. More time would not have changed the story nor solved the bugs. Witcher has been in development for over 5 years and has loads of bugs, glitches and frame rate problems.

legendvinu
10-17-2015, 09:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ixAbDt5L8M

Personally agree with everything he said. They are my worries.

Kindly pleas don't talk about fail I trust it is going to be epic success and will talk for years. My opinion after seeing this video that guy in video doesn't know about video and games i can prove he is wrong whatever 10 points he said example trailer he mentioned was not story trailer and ubisoft din't release it as story trailer why cant we have trailer indicating the character in game?? HE IS WRONG

GunnerGalactico
10-17-2015, 07:34 PM
At least the guy on this video talks better sense and knows what the hell he is talking about, better than the one on the "Ubisoft Fails" video. :rolleyes: