PDA

View Full Version : MQEL rivival

Mediasmederij
10-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Now that Vivendi invested 140m into UbiSoft it would be a good time to put some developers back onto the game instead of letting it die a silent death.

Thank you!

Source: http://www.vivendi.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/20151014_VIV_PR_Ubisoft_And_Gameloft.pdf (http://www.vivendi.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/20151014_VIV_PR_Ubisoft_And_Gameloft.pdf)

IMBIGNSCAREY
10-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Interesting information Mediasmederij. Thanks for sharing. Let's get this game firing on all cylinders again please :)

XaeroTheHero
10-16-2015, 05:24 PM
The past week Ubisoft has posted several new job recruitment ads, some of which may very well be for MQEL.

WorldWWilliam
10-17-2015, 01:00 AM
"with a view to utilizing its available cash" -Quote

Nothings changed, But if you want to think the futures looking bright because the game that was tarnished and destroyed by greedy corporations is hiring after firing all the previous developers and there is chance MQEL might get some developers so the game could go from tarnished/abandoned/dead to having a couple new random people working on the game (Who's job will be to milk the "game" more).
If that's what anyone is betting on there a riskier gambler then me.

XaeroTheHero
10-17-2015, 07:59 AM
"with a view to utilizing its available cash" -Quote

Nothings changed, But if you want to think the futures looking bright because the game that was tarnished and destroyed by greedy corporations is hiring after firing all the previous developers and there is chance MQEL might get some developers so the game could go from tarnished/abandoned/dead to having a couple new random people working on the game (Who's job will be to milk the "game" more).
If that's what anyone is betting on there a riskier gambler then me.

I am willing to bet against. If nothing is announced before January the 31st of 2016, I consider you a winner of the bet. How much are you willing to bet?

Skraall
10-19-2015, 10:34 PM
Still yes,the game still could be fun if some motivated ppl would put atleast a bit afford into it. Itīs late yes,but could it get worse?:D

QuadraticAdam
10-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Well, turns out Vivendi is thinking more of "hostile takeover" than "let's fund some games"...

BewilderedRonin
10-31-2015, 10:48 PM
That's not what that means. Vivendi bought a bunch of shares. Most likely they bought these shares from a previous shareholder. Vivendi didn't just invest a bunch of new capital into Ubisoft. They bought shares from previous holders.

What this does mean, however, is that Vivendi now has voting power when it comes to shareholder decisions. If Vivendi can gain more shares, then they will have more and more power. Considering that Ubisoft has said that these buying of shares by Vivendi is unwelcome, that would mean that if Vivendi were to buy controlling shares, then it would be a classic example of a hostile takeover.

QuadraticAdam
11-09-2015, 01:53 AM
https://youtu.be/oeCytl2XnNo?t=9m43s
Oh, hey... Check out what Mr. Pachter says at 09:44. :cool:

IMBIGNSCAREY
11-09-2015, 06:05 AM
Oh, hey... Check out what Mr. Pachter says at 09:44. :cool:

The next question comes from QuadraticAdam... I love that name ;)

Haha nice one QuadraticAdam. I always get giggidy myself when I popular streamer on Twitch says my name without me having donated or something... but this was like a whole scripted segment dedicated to your question. Feels good.