PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be a chance to get the Black Flag Community Challenge items again?

hueggapinganus
10-15-2015, 11:15 PM
I bought the gold edition of black flag at launch for 80$. For personal reasons i was unable to play it until very recently. While playing it i found out about the community challenges, which i ended up missing completely. Is there ever a chance that the items rewarded will be released as DLC or even have the events reroll? I find it completely unfair that i showed my support to ubisoft by preording the special edition of the game, and then i can't even get the full experience of the game.

Locopells
10-16-2015, 12:00 AM
For the moment, no, but I don't think they've said that this will always be the case.

Welcome to the forums!

naumaan
10-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Sadly no .. !!!

but hey .. you can get that chance in the syndicate one ...if you can

hueggapinganus
10-16-2015, 12:22 AM
For the moment, no, but I don't think they've said that this will always be the case.

Welcome to the forums!

May I ask where you heard that? And if its true do you have any estimate of how long this will take? it's been over two years since the game has been released.

naumaan
10-16-2015, 12:27 AM
May I ask where you heard that? And if its true do you have any estimate of how long this will take? it's been over two years since the game has been released.
.i dont remember exactly where I saw that, it was on the official site, the calender for black flag community challenges something, last year ... one of the event happened a few months prior to unity, and it was the last, each year they launch a new game and each year they start planning community challenges for the current game ... bdw I missed them as well ... infact i ve missed the unity community challenges too ...

Locopells
10-16-2015, 11:28 AM

Both Ubi reps and the FMs/CMs here have said so. If it ever does happen, I would guess it would probably be if the game get re-released for any reason.

Jessigirl2013
10-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Speaking of BF.... Will the cloud saves ever be re-enabled????

Locopells
10-17-2015, 12:45 AM
Doesn't look like it. I would recommend using a game save manager, such as Razer Cortex.

Adriaman
10-17-2015, 07:34 AM
TL;DR: forget about the community challenges. You are probably missing a lot of other items if you have other AC games, anyway :p

The community challenges from AC IV are not the only items which cannot be obtained anymore, I have been trying to get them for a long time...
Take a look at one my previous posts: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/981770-AC-Initiates-Status-Read-the-first-post?p=10590476&viewfull=1#post10590476

There is a thread here only about community challenges for AC IV: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/923656-ACIV-Black-Flag-Any-more-community-challenges?goto=newpost
It is not updated often, but there are some interesting comments.

By the way, it is always a good idea to backup your saves (not on your PC) - just in case!

Ubisoft has always been confusing with its unlockable contents in the AC series. See by yourself (the following comes from wikia as well as personal experience):

- DLCs that are bought individually. Sometimes their activation is not obvious (especially when you mix Steam and UPlay)
- Season Passes: they do not always include everything. But some DLCs are only included in Season Passes!
- Community challenges: why release all the content from the challenge later? Better to always have this grayed out weapon unavailable - forever.
- Platform-restrictions, sometimes timed exclusive: for AC IV, the Aveline DLC (timed, now only in AC IV Gold) or Dr. Pepper Meat Cleavers (only PS3)
- Cross-platform content: PS Vita and AC III (you could get some weapons)
- AC Initiates: worked for AC IV (in the very beginning), but it is now unavailable for this game. Is used in Unity, but not really necessary.
- Companion apps: AC Unity (not necessary anymore. Those bugged artifacts and Altair's outfit... Anyone?). Bring extra reales in AC Black Flag.
- Different editions. Some editions of AC were eventually released with everything (AC II Deluxe), but some were not. Ex: AC Unity. There are sometimes editions that include only part of the DLCs (aka "Special Editions", but never everything)
- Social events: in AC IV, the white whales are not too difficult to find, but the convoys and the chests can be very hard to find by yourself. At least they are still here.
- Impossibility to have everything on launch day with only one copy of the game. Ex: AC Syndicate (the Runaway Train mission and the Baker Street outfit aren't together in any edition)
- Pre-order exclusives: they usually become available sooner or later (but not always in the official stores). Not content per se, but some "actions" as the AC Unite pre-order codes are now impossible to complete.
- Content unlocked by buying collectibles (McFarlane Toys for AC IV / AC Unity); Sometimes the content is sold later or included in a Deluxe edition - but not always.
- Achievements / Actions based on MP: unless you have someone you know that is helping you, some achievements are almost impossible to get now. Ex: AC III.
- Event-based titles and avatars: AC IV MP events
- UPlay content (with UPlay Units)
- Regional restrictions: some weapons for AC Unity (released later in packs)
- Online events: right now for AC Syndicate (no need to pre order). These are not guaranteed to continue; the content is pretty easy to get, but is only available during the event.
- Helix Units: for some UPlay actions in AC Unity, you literally have to pay for them.
- Online games: AC: Project Legacy (Facebook game to get some capes in AC Brotherhood). It is unavailable now.
- Third-party games: as the AC II mobile game to unlock a skin in AC II (included in the Deluxe version).
- Random issues: the Fleur-de-Lys sword in AC Unity... (it came only with the once available Season Pass)

The worst is that even if you want to pay, you just can't. Maybe the message is "pre-order everything and you might not miss something" ? And to top it off, the pirated editions of the game have all the content unlocked!

To sum it up: you can get all achievements, as long as you have someone to boost you in MP. The same thing for UPlay actions (except in AC Unity). And for the unlockables, with Deluxe editions / paid DLCs you can get about 90% or more of the extra content, but you will not be able to get everything in AC II, AC Brotherhood, AC IV Black Flag or AC Unity if you buy the games today.

And do not think about the missing items. Well, not too much... :(

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-18-2015, 02:30 PM
welcome to ubisoft and its practices to sell you season pass and DLC items and lock things in the game that were already a part of the game but decided to lock them so they can ask more money for it.

dinesh50169
01-12-2016, 09:59 PM
TL;DR:
- Social events: in AC IV, the white whales are not too difficult to find, but the convoys and the chests can be very hard to find by yourself. At least they are still here.

Bought AC 4 Black Flag Deluxe + Season Pass recently. So is it confirm that Social event system still works...? If i play black flag with Uplay online, will they appear..? I have only one friend on my list though..

MB soldat JB
12-04-2016, 02:21 PM
I think AC community is so frustrated with community challenges items in AC 4: Black Flag because they are included in the count. We cannot obtain several 100% counters because of this.

I hope that Ubisoft will finally reconsider this issue and release this items in DLC or simply unlock them (for all platforms) or they could simply loop this challenges forever instead of closing forum threads about this issue.

I think they can make AC community very happy with this, including me. :)

M4RHUN
12-04-2016, 04:53 PM
I think AC community is so frustrated with community challenges items in AC 4: Black Flag because they are included in the count. We cannot obtain several 100% counters because of this.

I hope that Ubisoft will finally reconsider this issue and release this items in DLC or simply unlock them (for all platforms) or they could simply loop this challenges forever instead of closing forum threads about this issue.
I think they can make AC community very happy with this, including me. :)
Wait, you cannot get full 100% in this game anymore?? I'm planning to buy this, and would like to know this.

MB soldat JB
12-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Wait, you cannot get full 100% in this game anymore?? I'm planning to buy this, and would like to know this.

Counters in AC 4:Black flag are as follows (with my current score):
- progress tracker (100% total sync)
- Jackdaw upgrades (100% weapons and armor, 100% storage, 100% harpooning)
- Edward upgrades (94% swords, 88% pistols)
- crafting (100% life, 100% holsters, 100% pouches)
- Abstergo challenges (100/100)
- database (100% total sync)

With completing community challenges (which doesnt appear anymore) you get items for ship appearances and Edward outfit (this items arent included in any counter) and sword and pistol (which are included in counters). I was able to obtain one outfit in one of the challenge and than they didnt appear anymore (there was one more after that but the community didnt met the requirements). You can complete averything in game but you cannot obtain all items for ship and Edward.

So if you dont mind this than its OK to buy this game, because the game itself is in my opinion fantastic but if you are completionist you will be frustrated when you will complete everything but you will be still watching incomplete counters.

I hope this helps. :)

WildSnake2001
03-13-2017, 04:46 PM
I'm currently playing the game (had no time at launch time) and I can confirm the white whales and the convoys are appearing quite often (3 or 4 per week).

But there is no chance to get social chests displayed. I play 1-2 hours per day since 4 weeks ago and never got one of them displayed :-(

Now I have 75% Syncro. Let's see until end of the gameplay.

ancalimonungol
03-15-2017, 02:34 AM
Maybe someone should contact someone at Ubisoft and make them enable all these unlockables to everyone since there no longer will be community challenge and even if there is, not enough people will be playing it. It has been many years and we can not achieve 100 percent complete because of this.