PDA

View Full Version : Improving UPlay

time-space
10-15-2015, 05:38 PM
I really like using the Uplay client on PC. It is clean and easy to navigate. However, that said it could use some more features:

Create a Community menu tab in between Games and Shop in the PC client.
Within the Community menu tab, add the community stats (total hours of play, number of kills...etc), videos, live streams...etc as seen on your UPlay website for each game.
Add more meta data for each game in my library (just like community stats, however just show my own stats).
Create a release calendar menu tab or just create a calendar icon beside the friend icon - when clicked on it would display a calendar of upcoming games.

I don't know the politics of creating apps for the PS4 and Xbox One. However, you should create an Uplay app that mimics the PC client for consoles instead of doing that annoying overlay thing where you access Uplay directly from a Ubisoft game.

Fireseed
10-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Good things, but the 4th point is the best idea. Would love it!

RdJ1
10-16-2015, 09:55 PM
These are good points, would love to see that. It would also be nice to see your friends' profile and stats in the client and compare them to yours.

Ubi-Kay
10-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Good stuff, thank you!

I don't know the politics of creating apps for the PS4 and Xbox One. However, you should create an Uplay app that mimics the PC client for consoles instead of doing that annoying overlay thing where you access Uplay directly from a Ubisoft game.

We do have an app available on Xbox One which is quite similar to UPlay PC, especially with the latest update. Check it out sometime! :)

VikMorroHun
10-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Currently there are 8 games on my Uplay account plus 1 hidden. Unfortunately only 3 of them are displayed in the Uplay window at once. The "icons" representing my games are too big. It would be great if I could resize the game icons as I see fit.

Ubi-Kay
10-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Currently there are 8 games on my Uplay account plus 1 hidden. Unfortunately only 3 of them are displayed in the Uplay window at once. The "icons" representing my games are too big. It would be great if I could resize the game icons as I see fit.

With the update released today (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1301942) you can resize the game tile icons. :)

VietSohei
10-20-2015, 11:58 PM
The most important thing I would like to see in Uplay is the ability for family sharing like in steam. The ability to play your friends/families games on your computer without having to switch accounts. This would make Uplay a million times better! Plus MORE sales!!!!

tallkido
10-21-2015, 02:05 AM
nice ideas