PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to the OTHG on behalf of Trials Games

mattshotcha
10-15-2015, 05:31 PM
At this point you all know that there was recently a mishap with the original OTHG thread. We were attempting to take care of a request by Big Bow to get the thread under his control. To do this we were going to split the thread so that the first 5 posts would move to a new thread and the OP on the OTHG thread would be Big Bows first post. During the process an error occurred and while nothing seemed to be wrong at the time its clear something went terribly wrong behind the scenes. A few hours later not only did the entire thread disappear, but the post count of users was also greatly affected. This was ENTIRELY unintentional and while that doesnt make matters any better, we want to lay that out right now. The Trials Community Team as a whole genuinely appreciates the OTHG and the dedication you have all shown the Trials Franchise.

We made every effort to recover the thread unfortunately at this time it appears we cannot. We know this is not welcome news, particularly for those of you who have been contributing to the thread for years. The OTHG thread was the most active thread on our forum and one of the main reasons we migrated our old forum instead of just starting a new one when we made the switch to the Ubisoft forums. Losing this thread is a huge blow to our community and we are just as devastated as many of you are. While the possibility of recovering the thread is looking very unlikely we are still hopeful we may be able to get the post counts for users back to something that is at least close to what it was before the accident.

As our day wore on and the outlook for recovery was looking worse and worse we began to discuss what we could do if the thread was indeed gone for good. The forum section you are currently reading is our attempt at setting this unfortunate situation right. More than a sticky or shiny new thread, this section can from here on forward be the hub of all things OTHG. We tried to sample, off of memory, the types of things that OTHG would discuss in the old thread and start some sub forum categories based off of that. We also recruited our marketing artist to create some custom OTHG graphics to give this section its own unique look. The OTHG is truly a one of a kind group and now it has a one of a kind home.

Trials <3s OTHG

Morfyboy
10-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Man, this is awesome.. I truly hope all the rest of the gang will see the advantages of this.. We literally have our own forum, within a forum.. Our own threads, are own topics etc, etc, etc..This is brilliant.. Such a shame about lost posts, and post counts etc. I'm not gunna lie about that. I'm gutted, but let's stay positive.. If it's lost, then it's lost. Nothing can be done about that.. #PMA gang..

Boss, you can start as many new threads as you want to now.. ;) Go get typing dude.. Everything you wanted to sort, you now can.. You can probably get a main thread written up, with rules, members names etc, and get it stickied in our own little part of the Trials Forum..

Thanx from me to @matt, @shifty and the guys that worked on this.. ;)

JetArtois
10-15-2015, 06:46 PM
I agree with you morfy pal, as I said on twitter. Theres nothing that can be done so we just gotta get on with it and the gang section is awesome.

Much appreciated from me whoever helped get the this section going, nice one.

Chin up gang and keep on Trialin'. X

edit:- Ooooo, my first post, go juniors!!, lol. :cool:

Ozy Be
10-15-2015, 06:50 PM
:eek: wow this is awesome :D

It's a real shame about the old thread,
but a brand new furnished clubhouse is amazing :)

yea I see this (although unfortunate) as a very good thing, I hope everyone else is diggin it :cool:

JetArtois
10-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Nice one Ozy. :)

Morfyboy
10-15-2015, 07:05 PM
Maybe if we are all well behaved, we might get a OTHG tag next to our names... :p (wishful thinking, I know) ;)

Cheers Matt for moving my old Forum thread into the gallery..

JetArtois
10-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Hehe, it'd be nice pal.

V8 JEDI
10-15-2015, 08:00 PM
Silver linings don't get much better than this folks!
Great response from the Trials team. Cheers guys!

Right, I'm calling dibs on that recliner near the toilet... :)

CagBall
10-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Great new look to the forum! I'm impressed. I'm gutted about the old posts being deleted as it was nice to have a record of who did what at the beginning, however all's not lost, as they say, we now got a shiny new clubhouse to frolic in! :)

Thanks to Matt, the Trials team for putting this together. I guess you didn't want a cranky bunch of old codgers on your hands! Haha

CagBall
10-15-2015, 08:05 PM
@morph - good idea! I'd love something in game! Let's poke 'em now while they feel sorry for deleting our entire history! ;)

Rudemod 69
10-15-2015, 08:11 PM
I thought Phil posting was a shock, 'twas nothing compared to this.

Losing the thread is a serious blow, but this gesture from the Trials team is quite something. Most of my posts were complete gibberish anyway but, ah well.

junior member, you've got to lol.

*scurries away to Borderlands 2.

booped
10-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks Matt & RL, here's to another 3 years of gibberish ;)

CagBall
10-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Are you new around here Rude?

Morfyboy
10-15-2015, 08:19 PM
Ah well.. I'll grab the seat near the fire, and sharpen my pitch fork for another day...

Let's poke 'em now while they feel sorry for deleting our entire history!

Lol cag. Hoodies for everyone?? Hehehe :D

Rudemod 69
10-15-2015, 08:25 PM
Are you new around here Rude?It would appear so. :D Who are you again?

bigbow62
10-15-2015, 08:33 PM
OTHG new club house party starts now .......ends ?

Morfyboy
10-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Changed my Avater pic in celebration of our new home.. Cheers again to Jedi, & his skills in that Forza editor.. :)

GreenGully
10-15-2015, 10:53 PM
Loving the new look... I think it's easier to navigate...

Vidar45
10-16-2015, 02:06 AM
Thank you RedLynx! I'm gonna miss the old clubhouse but this awesome new Mansion will be perfect.

I'm wondering what kind of error could erase everyone's post count. Took me a few years to be a senior member. But, being an old guy, I kind of like being referred to as junior again. If only in real life.

Ozy Be
10-16-2015, 08:37 AM
It would appear so. :D Who are you again?
Noobs everywhere :rolleyes:

Changed my Avater pic in celebration of our new home.. Cheers again to Jedi, & his skills in that Forza editor.. :)
Nice 1 Jedi, looks spot on lol, love the hoodie:)

Took me a few years to be a senior member. But, being an old guy, I kind of like being referred to as junior again.
Trials... the secret of eternal youth:)

Morning Gangsters,
Everyone settling in :D

Rudemod 69
10-16-2015, 09:31 AM
Mornin, Oz. :)

Settling in okay, bud. This new hoover is faulty though. :p

V8 JEDI
10-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Morning all.
Hope everyone's settling in ok.
Looking good in that hoodie Morf!
Rude, I think Nova may have accidentally damaged the Hoover recently.
(Not really his fault though. "Dyson Ball Cleaner" IS a very misleading name). :)

Laters Gang.

Rudemod 69
10-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Rude, I think Nova may have accidentally damaged the Hoover recently.
(Not really his fault though. "Dyson Ball Cleaner" IS a very misleading name). :)Quality. That may explain why he sounds a little high pitched of late. :)

I take it you like our new abode? You never posted in the last one. :D

V8 JEDI
10-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Quality. That may explain why he sounds a little high pitched of late. :)

I take it you like our new abode? You never posted in the last one. :D

Lol. Why does everyone keep saying that to me? Ok, I may not have been the most prolific poster here, but it did happen (once or twice), guess you'll have to take my word on that now though. Haha.. Too soon?

Yeah, loving the new digs m8. The Trials team did us proud! Kudos to them, they really did go above & beyond this time. It's not easy impressing a Jedi, especially one as old an jaded as me! High praise indeed. :)

Rudemod 69
10-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Lol. Why does everyone keep saying that to me? Probably because it's true. :D

Ok, I may not have been the most prolific poster here, but it did happen (once or twice), guess you'll have to take my word on that now though. Haha.. Too soon?I'd check, but I can't. I'll take your word for it. mate. ;)

Yeah, loving the new digs m8. The Trials team did us proud! Kudos to them, they really did go above & beyond this time. It's not easy impressing a Jedi, especially one as old an jaded as me! High praise indeed. :)They did us proud, bud. Good to see you're impressed, doesn't happen too often. lol

JoeRegular
10-16-2015, 01:49 PM
Personally I'm not gonna thank anyone for giving us this isolated, token corner of a dead forum after they deleted all our sh|t. This'll be my only bit of boat rocking as you all seem to be over the moon in this new canoe anyway.

6 more % to go and I'll be back to Trials...lol.

RidingMower
10-16-2015, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone! Just about piddled on the new carpets walking in and seeing this place for the first time. It's beautifuuuull... Thank you! :o

D2Dahaka
10-16-2015, 03:11 PM
As sad as it is to see the old thread go, I have to say if you're goimg to make up for a screw-up, this is the way to do it. Nice one mattshotcha and team.

princessfran
10-17-2015, 11:50 PM
Man, this is awesome.. I truly hope all the rest of the gang will see the advantages of this.. We literally have our own forum, within a forum.. Our own threads, are own topics etc, etc, etc..This is brilliant.. Such a shame about lost posts, and post counts etc. I'm not gunna lie about that. I'm gutted, but let's stay positive.. If it's lost, then it's lost. Nothing can be done about that.. #PMA gang..

Boss, you can start as many new threads as you want to now.. ;) Go get typing dude.. Everything you wanted to sort, you now can.. You can probably get a main thread written up, with rules, members names etc, and get it stickied in our own little part of the Trials Forum..

Thanx from me to @matt, @shifty and the guys that worked on this.. ;)

There are not much words that I could add to what Morfy already has written accept that I can imagine how awefull you all at RL must have felt when the error happened and this thought made me feel really sad.
I think you all came up with a lovely, wonderfull and most of all a creative way to make the error that occured feel less bad and I really appreciate this!!!
We'll have a great time here and the place will be filled with enough posts to enjoy anyone who loves Trials :)

Hugs to everyone at RL who helped putting this together,
Frances

Morfyboy
10-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Good morning all..

In the words of Jon Snow, 'Winter is coming'.
Well, it feels like it here.. I'm Full of cold. :( Damn you Jon Snow. I blame you.
Check out you clever multi quoting people.. I still haven't sussed that out.. It could be that I'm always on my pad, but, I don't know.. Your forum posting skills surpass those of mine my Team gangsters.. I am but a pupil, when it comes to this..

It's crazy that, even though I'm not very actively game playing atm, there are a fair few games I would like to get.

Forza 6.
Metal gear Solid.
AC Syndicate.
Halo 5.

They are just a few. The list goes on.. It sucks to be skint..

Anyhooooooooo, I'll be lurking gang. Stay warm oldies.. You know how the cold affects bones n joints and all that. ;)

Peace.

NovaDarkStorm
10-18-2015, 01:43 PM
I appreciate what you've done for us though regardless of the loss we've had but hey, it's not like it's happened before when we did a forum move right? We lost a lot of old things, but still at least we can create new memories here.

Thanks for giving us our own section.

k2nph
10-19-2015, 04:21 AM
@rudy: lmao!!
@matt: thanks for the explanation, Im sorry to see it go but hey, these things happen.
The new clubhouse reminded me of our old one in finland.
I hope you fitted soundproofing & kicked out the ubisoft nuns, that had taken up residence in the back.
So we can now say **** **** & bollox, without getting our wrists slapped.

Really nice explanation & attempt to make a mends.

@rudy: your not getting rid of me that easily.
i just left coz of the nuns, the badgers & the broken door!
But now in back & currently sprawled over the new clubhouse sofa, its nice & comfy....

OTHG: love you all man....

IFTHISTHENTHAT
10-22-2015, 05:36 PM
I'm amazed.

OTHG got their own sub-forum?!?

This is much deserved!

Congratulations!

bigbow62
10-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Thank-you .....but we paid for it with our 3+ year OTHG history so its both good and bad.

x Mataeus x
01-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Well, what a great way to show community support. Indeed, a silver lining couldn't be any.... Silverer.

A lining to match our hair ;)

bigbow62
02-17-2016, 05:20 PM
I still miss our old orig. OTHG thread ........its like a bit of the gang is lost in space ( add so many jokes here ;) )

.....but its true having all of those many.many pages of our sweet OTHG history lost forever..........SUCKS.

bigbow62
04-21-2019, 09:11 PM
Well now having 3+ years of looking back and see where we are now and

what things were like back then it's a whole new world. I don't think we ever

got back on our feet after my original thread went missing,lost,evaporated...

.....etc. I can't blame it all on the thread....it's gaming in general,& the 5 year

wait in between games..... they all played a part.

The best part is the gang is still around... all most 7 years later ! The amazing

part is about 90% of the original gang is still here and Trialing and we are

even getting new members w/o TEAMS in Rising.... although we need THE

TEAMS BACK ASAP ! Trust me it will help bring new players into the

community and right now that is what the game needs especially now !

We need millions not 100,000's ....... Bring Teams back and they will come.

........but we will need TEAM EVENTS ! WEEKLY..... MONTLY..... SPECIAL

events will unite the community and bring in more players

Changes for the better are good.... we still need more bikes and LB'S for

every bike..... changes like that not more goofy outfits go back old school

throw in a full game treasure hunt with clues hidden over the tracks.

........and for God's sake a working T.C because once the base game tracks

fade & they will no matter how many DLCS come-out. So please get T.C

sorted and back on track.... thank you signed: Bigbow / Boss / OTHG 😎