PDA

View Full Version : Pre Order

An0ther_Player
10-15-2015, 03:10 PM
I was just browsing the For Honor website and noticed that there is a pre-order tab on menu list. It can also be pre ordered from amazon, walmart and best buy.

Surely i wasn't the first to notice this....let me guess....its been there or weeks?

An0ther_Player
10-15-2015, 05:07 PM
No news here lol, its been on pre order for months. Im a silly sausage.

MrJoker.
10-15-2015, 07:52 PM
It's fun , it feels that the first tests hanging in the air . :cool:

Quikkfeet
10-23-2015, 07:09 AM
I was just browsing the For Honor website and noticed that there is a pre-order tab on menu list. It can also be pre ordered from amazon, walmart and best buy.

Surely i wasn't the first to notice this....let me guess....its been there or weeks?

Ya I noticed too, it hasn't been on the site no more than a couple of days. Something exciting is going to happen soon I can feel it :D

An0ther_Player
10-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Ya I noticed too, it hasn't been on the site no more than a couple of days. Something exciting is going to happen soon I can feel it :D

Lets hope so!

Haristess
10-26-2015, 11:45 PM
And yet how many people out there do you think has pre-ordered, this despite not knowing a thing about how it plays, whether its broken, buggy or lacks the content for the price?

consumers need to keep their money in their pockets, and make games companies realise that quality is the upmost of importance.

TheGeekyHusband
10-30-2015, 02:58 AM
Consumers do need to vote with their wallet. It is in that spirit, I will pre-order this game early. I love the concept, the style, and the development team. I have been a fan of Ubisoft titles since they were working on TMNT titles and the original Prince of Persia.

If you have trust in the developer, and like the concept, I think it is more than reasonable to show your support.

MisterWillow
10-31-2015, 08:11 AM
Consumers do need to vote with their wallet. It is in that spirit, I will pre-order this game early. I love the concept, the style, and the development team. I have been a fan of Ubisoft titles since they were working on TMNT titles and the original Prince of Persia.

If you have trust in the developer, and like the concept, I think it is more than reasonable to show your support.

On the other hand, all you're doing is throwing money at something without knowing if it's going to be good or not. Whether it looks cool and you like (or even trust) the developers, there is no guarantee that the game is going to be good when it comes out, or, in the case of For Honor, which has an emphasis on multiplayer, if it has any staying power.

Everyone thought Titanfall looked amazing (me included). It was being developed by ex-Infinity Ward, that gave us CoD Modern Warfare 1 and 2 that everyone loved so much, people were talking about E-Sports and how revolutionary it was going to be, and within a month (or two) of its launch that game was essentially dead. Same thing happened with EVOLVE.

Walkanwulf
11-02-2015, 08:20 PM
On the other hand, all you're doing is throwing money at something without knowing if it's going to be good or not. Whether it looks cool and you like (or even trust) the developers, there is no guarantee that the game is going to be good when it comes out, or, in the case of For Honor, which has an emphasis on multiplayer, if it has any staying power.

Everyone thought Titanfall looked amazing (me included). It was being developed by ex-Infinity Ward, that gave us CoD Modern Warfare 1 and 2 that everyone loved so much, people were talking about E-Sports and how revolutionary it was going to be, and within a month (or two) of its launch that game was essentially dead. Same thing happened with EVOLVE.

This, however, does not apply if you don't care about the 30~60 bucks spent. After all people only pre-order when they really want a game, at least in my world :o
For example i bought myself a Hornet for 80€ in Star Citizen a year ago, yet the game is nowhere near finished. I just know it will be good and i can wait and be happy because for launch i got myself a superp ship to cruise space with. I do agree tho that the future of for honor is pretty uncertain to this point and i wouldn't pre-order this game, but that could settle pretty fast after i get my hands on an alpha/beta test;)

MisterWillow
11-02-2015, 11:39 PM
This, however, does not apply if you don't care about the 30~60 bucks spent. After all people only pre-order when they really want a game, at least in my world :o

Well, if people don't care about the money they're spending, then they will spend it as freely as they want, I just think it's encouraging a mentality of hype trumping everything (including final quality). That is, if the companies that are making these things can get people excited enough, they can sell them something that doesn't exist (in a complete form) yet, and then if it comes out and isn't what people thought it was (Brütal Legend), or not of the quality people thought it was (Watch Dogs), it hardly matters, since they have your money and/or they can use sales figures (even one's they skew to exclude returns) to say "well people bought that, so let's do another one of those" instead of making something new and interesting.

For example i bought myself a Hornet for 80€ in Star Citizen a year ago, yet the game is nowhere near finished. I just know it will be good and i can wait and be happy because for launch i got myself a superp ship to cruise space with. I do agree tho that the future of for honor is pretty uncertain to this point and i wouldn't pre-order this game, but that could settle pretty fast after i get my hands on an alpha/beta test;)

You can't 'know' it will be good. You can glean some indication in relation to people involved with the project.

I agree that the pedigree of Chris Roberts' involvement with Star Citizen, and all the video of the game, are good signs, but again, you had former Infinity Ward guys that made the most acclaimed shooters at the time showing mechs and jet-packs and wallrunning, and Titanfall was dead within a couple months. Tim Shaffer wanted to break away from corporate structure and make a point and click adventure game that everyone loved him for, and the general consensus of Broken Age was 'meh' at best.

The same thing could happen with Star Citizen, or No Man's Sky, or even For Honor---and I hope it doesn't, I hope that all three of those end up being amazing---but there's really no way of knowing until they actually come out.

Evagarth
03-23-2016, 01:25 PM
This, however, does not apply if you don't care about the 30~60 bucks spent. After all people only pre-order when they really want a game, at
I'm Pre Ordering because it looks great and is just my thing! Nothing else around that seems anywhere near it that I have seen.

#IAmSamurai