PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain 1940......



MB_Avro
03-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Anyone who has an interest in WW2 air-combat should perhaps take a look at this site.

What struck me was that there was no 'hate' between the German and British pilots and that many remained friends after WW2.

(When I say British I include the large number from other nations that fought and died alongside and are mentioned in this site).

http://www.jacksonharrison.co.uk/BoB2/Battle_personnel/Profiles/menofthebattle.htm

Regards
MB_Avro

MB_Avro
03-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Anyone who has an interest in WW2 air-combat should perhaps take a look at this site.

What struck me was that there was no 'hate' between the German and British pilots and that many remained friends after WW2.

(When I say British I include the large number from other nations that fought and died alongside and are mentioned in this site).

http://www.jacksonharrison.co.uk/BoB2/Battle_personnel/Profiles/menofthebattle.htm

Regards
MB_Avro

hotspace
03-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Excellent Site, M8 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Hot Space

http://img11.photobucket.com/albums/v33/Hot_Space/me1.jpg

Nervous? Yes! First time? No, I've been nervous lots of times!!!

MB_Avro
03-11-2004, 04:37 PM
a small but modest bump...

never in the field of human conflict...

has so much been owed...

by so many...

to so few...

Samuel5093
03-16-2004, 12:07 PM
I think it shows the true nature of men. Those fighter pilots did not hate each other, they just fought each other. Following orders as they continued. I've heard it more often and seen it in docu's. It was about a U boot and its target. The survivors who were there(german dan british) cried on each other shoulders. I think it's beautiful. Of course the war wasn't!!

BlitzPig_Ritter
03-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Many combatats from opposing sides find themselves friends afterwards as they shared a common experience. exceptions are the particularly savage wars such as the Eastern Front.

______________________________
Formerly Known as: Die_Ritterkreuz
http://ritterkreuz.freewebspace.com/images/sig3.jpg (http://www.il2skins.com/?action=list&authoridfilter=Ritterkreuz&ts=1067024271&comefrom=credits)
Now with 40+ skins and counting!

BaldieJr
03-16-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm sure the burglar who kills doesn't really hate his victim either.

Signature:
Note: you may include UBBCodeâ™, UBBCodeâ™ Images and HTML in your signature. However, if the forum you are posting to does not allow these codes, your signature will not display as intended.

Huxley_S
03-16-2004, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm sure the burglar who kills doesn't really hate his victim either.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

er... right m8... whatever... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/crazy.gif

FB Music and Campaigns @
http://www.onemorewild.org/huxley

Huxley_S
03-16-2004, 01:41 PM
There is a series running on British TV at the moment about killing in war.

It's conclusions are that in a war where the combatants in a war are mostly not professional soldiers it shows some interesting trends in human nature. Killing is not natural even in warfare.

The programme found that an amazing 98% of soldiers were unable to "shoot to kill", and of the remaining 2%, 1% of those were sociopaths who enjoyed killing and the other 1% were the true heros who were able to kill because they felt the need to protect their friends and comrades.

It goes on to show how modern military training can up that 2% to 95% able to "shoot to kill".

Interesting.

FB Music and Campaigns @
http://www.onemorewild.org/huxley

DONB3397
03-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Interesting site. Thanks.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3fe77b7e_1812a/bc/Images/Sig---1.jpg?BCIuMVAB.EuILZQo
There is no 'way' of winning;
There is only Winning!

MB_Avro
03-16-2004, 04:59 PM
It was said that the 'noobie' RAF pilots sometimes survived because they couldn't hold a heading and were therfore erratic and diffcult to shoot down.

I got this comment years ago from a pilot who was there in 1940.

Regards
MB_Avro