PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the "Jacob the Ripper" theory?

booty_fiend
10-14-2015, 09:25 PM
"i love my work, and want to start again..."

hmm... suspicious or not? "again"? has jack been killing people since his, i don't know, 20's?

is it just me or does his voice also sound like an aged jacob's voice too? hmm...

i personally think that, even if some of us do go into the game pretty much believing jack to be jacob, we won't be entirely disappointed. if this theory is true, i'll be much more interested in the transition rather than the final result, if you get my drift. jacob seems like an upbeat happy guy in his 20's. if he becomes jack the ripper, i want to know just what it took to break someone with such an honorable goal and resolve before (saving london from templars, giving back to the poor)

killing prostitutes, though? (if this is true) wtf jacob? why prostitutes? hmm... maybe his motive was different than we think (templar prostitutes perhaps?). maybe jack the ripper was actually a nice guy who has only been written into history as a fiend by the templars, which is why he went into hiding.

maybe jacob was so skilled as jack, that he was indeed caught, but never prosecuted, due to a lack of concrete evidence, because he was just that damn good.

maybe evie kills him and ensures that his name, as an assassin, a frye, and a former freedom fighter, isn't tainted by his ripper crimes.

jack the ripper's identity is unknown. wonder how he became so skilled in the art of social stealth to achieve that feat? hmm...

and finally!.. why is the trailer done in a manner similar to, say, the jacob and evie trailers, for the two playable characters? ubi made the trailer in a fashion that really makes it seem like jack will actually be playable. i could have sworn that jack was at some high points in london in the trailer. (link (http://images.vcpost.com/data/images/full/75513/assassins-creed-syndicate.png?w=590)) (link (http://2images.cgames.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/2660466/617x.jpg)) i can't be the only one who noticed this.

thoughts? you like the general theory out there about this? hate it? if so, what about it rustles you?

ps: their eyes... (link (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d5/7f/76/d57f76121bf0317b0f13d53bdac35e24.gif)) (link (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/24UaUyPqVjA/maxresdefault.jpg))

I-Like-Pie45
10-14-2015, 10:16 PM
he got tainted by liberal disease, that's what

EmptyCrustacean
10-14-2015, 10:25 PM
It's dumb. Let that rumour die.

cawatrooper9
10-14-2015, 10:35 PM
It may be someone from the main story... but I doubt it'll be Jacob.
Not that it wouldn't be a good twist, but it just doesn't seem feasible, since Jacob seems to be playable in the DLC anyway.

booty_fiend
10-14-2015, 10:36 PM
he got tainted by liberal disease, that's what
racism isn't allowed here.

I-Like-Pie45
10-14-2015, 10:43 PM
racism isn't allowed here.

it's simple logic, jack the rippers actions are liberal mentality and politics taken to their basic, savage core

booty_fiend
10-14-2015, 10:54 PM
it's simple logic, jack the rippers actions are liberal mentality and politics taken to their basic, savage core
you don't know why jack did what he did.

you ain't got the answers! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoWsexwc4d4&t=0m12s)

ze_topazio
10-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Kanye West is Jack the Ripper?

booty_fiend
10-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Kanye West is Jack the Ripper?
kanye is a templar, so i doubt it.

jacob has a higher chance of being jack the ripper than kanye, imo.

VestigialLlama4
10-15-2015, 04:31 AM
"i love my work, and want to start again..."

hmm... suspicious or not? "again"? has jack been killing people since his, i don't know, 20's?

is it just me or does his voice also sound like an aged jacob's voice too? hmm...

Firstly, that line "I love my work and want to start again" is a direct quotation from one of the "Jack the Ripper" letters.

The "Dear Boss" Letter (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dear_Boss_letter):
Dear Boss,
I keep on hearing the police have caught me but they wont fix me just yet. I have laughed when they look so clever and talk about being on the right track. That joke about Leather Apron gave me real fits. I am down on *****s and I shant quit ripping them till I do get buckled. Grand work the last job was. I gave the lady no time to squeal. How can they catch me now. I love my work and want to start again. You will soon hear of me with my funny little games. I saved some of the proper red stuff in a ginger beer bottle over the last job to write with but it went thick like glue and I cant use it. Red ink is fit enough I hope ha. ha. The next job I do I shall clip the ladys ears off and send to the police officers just for jolly wouldn't you. Keep this letter back till I do a bit more work, then give it out straight. My knife's so nice and sharp I want to get to work right away if I get a chance. Good Luck. Yours truly
Jack the Ripper
Dont mind me giving the trade name
PS Wasnt good enough to post this before I got all the red ink off my hands curse it No luck yet. They say I'm a doctor now. ha ha[2]

Now most of these letters are agreed to be forgeries written by yellow press journalists to create a media frenzy. The one exception is the From Hell letter which is the only one people think might have come from the real culprit (but again not confirmed).

So I don't think that quote is necessarily an indication that it's Jacob, the fact that Ubisoft selected and used an actual line from the letters indicates that they have done a modicum of research (or most likely read FROM HELL by Alan Moore which is the best book on Ripper). Of course it could very well be Jacob.

killing prostitutes, though? (if this is true) wtf jacob? why prostitutes? hmm... maybe his motive was different than we think (templar prostitutes perhaps?). maybe jack the ripper was actually a nice guy who has only been written into history as a fiend by the templars, which is why he went into hiding.

As misogynist as the gaming industry is, as two-faced even an otherwise progressive label like Ubisoft can be, there is no way anyone will go as far as to demean and insult the victims of the Ripper killings. Saying that they are Templars or that Ripper is innocent is as good as saying, "they had it coming".

I don't understand that people have this idea that Jacob being Jack the Ripper which has something going for it, I'll admit, but then they also want Jacob to be have reasons for committing these crimes. Why do people want their player character to be without taint? The fact is if Jacob does become Jack the Ripper, it's not Jacob becoming a dark and badass assassin, it's Jacob becoming a monster, a serial killer and nothing else.

maybe jacob was so skilled as jack, that he was indeed caught, but never prosecuted, due to a lack of concrete evidence, because he was just that damn good.

Well in real-life the ripper murders weren't especially skilled. The women were prostitutes and the Ripper posed as a client and then killed him. There is nothing skilled in killing people who are vulnerable and defenseless. After killing them, he removed organs from their body which could have been done by a butcher or a surgeon or a medical student.

booty_fiend
10-15-2015, 05:04 AM
The fact is if Jacob does become Jack the Ripper, it's not Jacob becoming a dark and badass assassin, it's Jacob becoming a monster, a serial killer and nothing else.
i... wouldn't mind that at all.

a complete monster would be refreshing for this series, imo.

Hans684
10-15-2015, 05:14 AM
Would make him interesting, the game already is sunshine and butterflies.

I-Like-Pie45
10-15-2015, 06:51 AM
the ripper was doing a favor to high society, his victims all lowered the property value and he fixed that

cawatrooper9
10-15-2015, 04:41 PM
i... wouldn't mind that at all.

a complete monster would be refreshing for this series, imo.
Exactly, we don't need a happy ending.
Arno got a sad, but somewhat uplifting one. Now, it's time for the series to get dark.