PDA

View Full Version : Listen to snippets of Syndicate's Soundtrack (may contain spoilers)

VoXngola
10-13-2015, 05:48 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Syndicate-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B016FQ9YFE/

Whatcha think?

BananaBlighter
10-13-2015, 06:08 PM
The last track 'Family' is very much like another overused track from AC2 we all know...;)

VoXngola
10-13-2015, 06:20 PM
The last track 'Family' is very much like another overused track from AC2 we all know...;)
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here but I want to voice my opinion about this.

I do NOT like how it's apparently turned into this "main theme" of AC. Honestly, I wish it would've stayed exclusive to Ezio and AC2. I know I'm reaching here, but the track is kinda dark and gloomy and I can only imagine it's going to be used for a scene where something bad happens. And when that happens, I will think of Ezio, his character, his story and in general of AC2. It will take me out of your Victorian London and the Frye twins' story. I just want Ubi to stop shoehorning it everywhere and let go...

strigoi1958
10-13-2015, 06:46 PM
I like it... even more as it is like a homage... a reminder or like a cameo of Ezio... Ever since Altair appeared with Ezio I have liked it when a newer game slips in a little memory of a previous game. A thank you to the past.

Jish_01
10-13-2015, 11:30 PM
Doesn't seem to be any songs regarding the present day :/ suppose there was none in AC4/Rogue either though.

Namikaze_17
10-14-2015, 12:18 AM
Not bad; like what I'm hearing from Austin so far.

Kinda peeved that the last song 'family' - a term that supposedly matters a great deal to Evie & Jacob, just so happens to come off as another variation of the theme that incessantly gets thrown in our face.

Because **** individuality, right?
Well, at least the main theme is different, so I'm not as mad as I seem. :p

AquilaTempestas
10-14-2015, 08:35 PM
Hmm, I'm probably in the minority here, but aside from 'Family', I found these samples quite bland. I really don't like the upbeat, jolly, folkish type songs (the ones with lyrics in them).

Based on the snippets alone, it lacks the bombastic feel of the previous OST's (particularly AC2 and AC3). It's a bit... dull? Though, it'll probably sound better within the context of the game.

I kinda wish someone like Clint Mansell did the OST for Syndicate.

bitebug2003
10-14-2015, 09:13 PM
The overuse of the violin irks me :mad:

Not a lover of this soundtrack I'm afraid :(

(the vocal tracks pale the shanties).

:(

I think I'll be turning the music down for this game.

BananaBlighter
10-14-2015, 09:48 PM
I like it, it seems to really fit the theme of the game and I have a feeling it'll go really well in the background, though listening to it now there isn't anything really memorable like the previous games. I do like a few tunes here and there but by itself, overall I must agree with AquilaTempestas, it does sound quite bland.

EmptyCrustacean
10-14-2015, 10:31 PM
The overuse of the violin irks me :mad:

Not a lover of this soundtrack I'm afraid :(

(the vocal tracks pale the shanties).

:(

I think I'll be turning the music down for this game.

Agree about the violins overkill. I actually liked the synthy MD/first Civ-esque music I heard at times in Unity and thought they would continue in that direction.

Locopells
10-15-2015, 12:10 AM
+2 about the violins. Haven't heard the vocals yet.

Wolfmeister1010
10-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Its okay. It captures the time and location really well, but beyond that there is absolutely no magic or emotional value to these tracks.

Which is ironic, considering he composed Journey

BananaBlighter
10-16-2015, 10:17 PM
You can now hear three full songs from the album on Ubi's music YT channel, UBILOUD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxnfq3XRMkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=innSKMFqBp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3E9th1WLLs

Honestly, I was expecting better.

pacmanate
10-16-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here but I want to voice my opinion about this.

I do NOT like how it's apparently turned into this "main theme" of AC. Honestly, I wish it would've stayed exclusive to Ezio and AC2

I feel exactly the same. It makes no sense.

Chipworm
10-17-2015, 06:58 AM
I really like what I've heard so far. It fits the era perfectly.

Toa TAK
10-17-2015, 10:24 PM
Really glad to see I'm not the only one put-off by the constant assault of "Ezio's Family" being incorporated into the games as of Unity and Rogue. It doesn't fit these other Assassin's, their stories, and I don't want it to become the overarching theme of the series. That should've been "Access the Animus" from the get-go. Plus, I would've liked to see the games take on their own identity in the theme department without screwing in "Ezio's Family". Unity's soundtrack across the board was a huge offender of this.

That said, I really like what I'm hearing on this soundtrack. Journey's score was fantastic and I'm loving the violins.