PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Homework Challenge!!!

mattshotcha
10-13-2015, 03:17 PM
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/halloween_homework_challenge news_223472.jpg

Trick or treat… or umm… Track or Treat or… no wait… Treats for Tracks? Ah hell, it’s Halloween season riders and time for a Homework Challenge. We’re looking for your best ONE CHECKPOINT track but, wait, there is a twist.

Think horror. Think… DEATH TRAPS! That’s right, death traps. Give us a grisly death in a quick one checkpoint horror show track and you might win yourself some treats. And by treats we mean Acorns, of course.

Now, let’s get the requirements out of the way.

• Start the track name with "HHWC" (no quotes or symbols before the tag please)
• Track must be Halloween/Horror themed
• One checkpoint with a death trap area
• Difficulty: Beginner – Extreme
• Two week build time
• Entries reviewed during the Editor Stream (http://www.twitch.tv/redlynxofficial) on October 27th
• Winner will receive 2,000 Acorns
• 5 random submissions will receive 500 Acorns

Now, obviously, your tracks must meet the requirements to be eligible for the Acorn drawing. If you are not the type to be worried about Acorns and just want to get crazy with it, by all means. Let’s get gross, builders. It’s that time of year!

Tune in to the Trials Live Editor Stream (http://www.twitch.tv/redlynxofficial) on October 20th and hang out with Shogun as he builds his own 1 check point death trap track.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/editor_stream_news_223478.jpg

TheSlimReeper
10-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Awesome to see another Homework challenge. What is the recommend time span for a one checkpoint map?

Redlynx_Shogun
10-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Awesome to see another Homework challenge. What is the recommend time span for a one checkpoint map?
No hard time limit. Just short. The main point is to put the focus on the death trap. The example I'm building on stream is about 7 seconds.

Devils_Demon
10-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Gonna try my hand at this. Never entered one of these before. Looking forward to seeing all the submissions too.

Any kind of trap right? My idea isn't quite a traditional booby trap so I hope it'll still qualify.

mattshotcha
10-15-2015, 06:17 PM
Gonna try my hand at this. Never entered one of these before. Looking forward to seeing all the submissions too.

Any kind of trap right? My idea isn't quite a traditional booby trap so I hope it'll still qualify.

As long as it counts as a trap, it will qualify. The more brutal, the better! Have fun with it!

En0-
10-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Yeah, make the unicorn and the ninja cat suffer! #PETA

XXXSTEPH59XXX
10-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Hello possible to participate on Xbox 360?

GUS2128
10-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone i will try to participate on this challenge...its funny because last two week i send a build challenge to all my friend to build a track with the theme of halloween and everybody release there track on 31 october put on title just before your track name (H) its to help for searching track about my contest and on description track put BCCH for build challenge contest halloween but me i have no prize its just for fun LOL.if other want to participate on my challenge your welcome but its on PS4... thanks...

GUS2128
10-18-2015, 02:28 PM
hi i have a two question.we can only put one checkpoint on track or no checkpoint is ok if a short track...and track must be release before the 27 october or this date? thanks

PneumaticBog484
10-18-2015, 10:18 PM
I'd also like to know the exact finish date. Midnight of the 26? Or is it earlier?

Redlynx_Shogun
10-19-2015, 09:24 AM
hi i have a two question.we can only put one checkpoint on track or no checkpoint is ok if a short track...and track must be release before the 27 october or this date? thanks
You can use as few or as many checkpoints as you like. The main idea is just to keep the track short and focus on hurting the rider ;)

I'd also like to know the exact finish date. Midnight of the 26? Or is it earlier?
The track should be live before the stream starts on Tuesday the 27th, 5pm Helsinki time. We'll review the tracks on the stream so as long as they are live and searchable using the HHWC tag during the stream you are all good.

xMiiZaX
10-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Nice challenge, I'm gonna try to do something :) But I have a question, you will stream on what platforms ? Only PS4 & X1 or also on PC & 360 ?

Redlynx_Shogun
10-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Nice challenge, I'm gonna try to do something :) But I have a question, you will stream on what platforms ? Only PS4 & X1 or also on PC & 360 ?
We will do our best to stream on PS4, X1 & PC. Sorry, no 360. Sometimes we have difficulties switching between consoles and PC so I can't guarantee all 3 but we'll do our best.

Devils_Demon
10-20-2015, 08:25 PM
What's the policy on making changes to your track? I published mine on Monday but now I'm regretting it as there are a couple things I wish I fixed first. Could I change a few things and publish it again?

Redlynx_Shogun
10-21-2015, 12:28 PM
What's the policy on making changes to your track? I published mine on Monday but now I'm regretting it as there are a couple things I wish I fixed first. Could I change a few things and publish it again?
It's not a strict competition so I'd say go for it but make sure to post your original in the track removal request thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/910133-All-Platforms-Track-Removal-Request-Thread) so you don't have 2 versions online.

Tip for all builders - Unless it's next Tuesday right before the stream no need to rush out your creations. It's always good when you think you are finished to take a break and come back later with fresh eyes.

Happy building.

PsyG1969
10-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Hello everyone

I just submitted my track HHWC M.Night Shyamalan and unfortunately there is a glitch or bug that only pops up in trackcentral in wich the rider restarts at the beginning of the track when he hits the first checkpoint.
The srange thing about it is that it does'nt reset the timer and as I said only pops up in trackcentral.
Im going to try to fix it myself but if anyone can help I would be thankfull

Btw.I do not have a second checkpoint right at the start.The checkpoint you get reset to is the first one

PsyG1969
10-22-2015, 07:43 PM
The Problem is fixed,the fixed Version is online and the old track is going to be deleted soon.

Thx to everyone that thought about helping

elCamsterino
10-26-2015, 08:16 PM
Hey Guys my track HHWC Scary Stories is out now on X1.

It's got a lakeside theme and gives a nod to some classic horror movies.

Remember to reverse at the start to try them all.

Won't make it for the stream on Tuesday as work is really busy just now, so please remember to review my track :D

Thanks hope you enjoy it

PneumaticBog484
10-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Last minute entry, HHWC Haunted Hallway on Xbox One.

I won't be able to catch the stream tomorrow, so I hope you guys get a chance to play it! I want to see how it performs in Multiplayer... :rolleyes:

funktastic-
10-27-2015, 03:40 PM
decided to see if i could make the dead line , my apology for the low budet ending lol , ( ran out of fundin :p )

funktastic-
10-27-2015, 07:40 PM
some good tracks in that it was fun , didnt speak much as my keyboard seems to be playing up , as if my spelling isnt bad enough lol. having to use the on screen keyboard to fill in the blanks. Congrats on the winner and other lucky guys

Redlynx_Shogun
10-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Great work to everyone. We had a lot of fun playing all the tracks as you can tell by my maniacal laughter during this highlight of our playthrough of the winning track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDiI1IxxfCg

RaketeAal397
10-30-2015, 04:04 PM
hey thanks for the vid ;) your reactions were just priceless really made my day. shout out as well to all who built something for this challenge, really enjoyed playing all the tracks as well as building myself, awesome competition.

TheSlimReeper
10-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Yea, it was fun and different. However, in the future homework challenges if there are any, I think (personal opinion) that instead of having 1 real winner and 4 random winners, Have 3 real winners and like 2 random winners or 1 since I personally think it discourages some better builders from competing. Regardless, was still fun.

Redlynx_Shogun
11-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Yea, it was fun and different. However, in the future homework challenges if there are any, I think (personal opinion) that instead of having 1 real winner and 4 random winners, Have 3 real winners and like 2 random winners or 1 since I personally think it discourages some better builders from competing. Regardless, was still fun.
Thanks for the feedback, Slim

We've tried many different prize pools for the homework challenges in the past. There are two reasons we decided to favor random winners this time around:

Main reason is that the overall purpose of the challenges is to improve skills in the editor and so we really want to encourage less skilled builders to take part. This time we offered more rewards for random entries and it seemed to have some effect. We saw entries from a lot of builders at many skill levels who haven't taken part in challenges before.

The reason we only had 1 selected winner this time is basically because we weren't sure what kind of participation there would be. Some challenges in the past, even ones where we offered pretty good prize pools didn't get a ton of entries. Obviously in hind sight we can see this is the best challenge we've had yet as far as participation goes so it would have been good to offer a bit more.

I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next challenge and you can rest assured there will be more.

TheSlimReeper
11-02-2015, 06:39 PM
I agree with your reasoning behind your decision, should have thought about that beforehand.There was a lot of people, which made it really fun to look at the entries. Anyway, look forward to the next challenges.