PDA

View Full Version : CH Control Problems

PBNA-StringDude
05-07-2004, 04:39 PM
At one time I had all my CH products up and running with no problems at all. I had upgraded to CM 3.0 and had no problems.

For some time I got involved in playing other games and didn't really pay much attention to my controllers. I always left them plugged in and took them for granted. Then I noticed that the mode lights that are on when the computer is on were out.

I tried to calibrate the controls and CM kept giving me an error message saying no active devices. Finally after reinstalling the software for the USB2.0 card and CM 3.0 I was able to calibrate the stick, pedals and throttle. But, the game still would not recognize them. They don't show up when I go to Control panel and try to add them. For IL2 I went to config and checked the box for use joystick. No luck with LockOn either.

I spent over an hour on the phone with CH tech support on Friday and they weren't able to solve this problem. We went into regedit and removed the 068e files, used chdelete, updated DirectX and more. Still didn't work. At the end I emailed my install log for analysis by software development. Everything CH has been removed and disconnected and I have agree to leave it that way until they get back to me.

Has anyone experinced this problem? I am asking only as a last resort in case CH can't solve the problem.

I am thinking it may be something related to a Win http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gifdows XP update or worse.

PBNA-StringDude
05-07-2004, 04:39 PM
At one time I had all my CH products up and running with no problems at all. I had upgraded to CM 3.0 and had no problems.

For some time I got involved in playing other games and didn't really pay much attention to my controllers. I always left them plugged in and took them for granted. Then I noticed that the mode lights that are on when the computer is on were out.

I tried to calibrate the controls and CM kept giving me an error message saying no active devices. Finally after reinstalling the software for the USB2.0 card and CM 3.0 I was able to calibrate the stick, pedals and throttle. But, the game still would not recognize them. They don't show up when I go to Control panel and try to add them. For IL2 I went to config and checked the box for use joystick. No luck with LockOn either.

I spent over an hour on the phone with CH tech support on Friday and they weren't able to solve this problem. We went into regedit and removed the 068e files, used chdelete, updated DirectX and more. Still didn't work. At the end I emailed my install log for analysis by software development. Everything CH has been removed and disconnected and I have agree to leave it that way until they get back to me.

Has anyone experinced this problem? I am asking only as a last resort in case CH can't solve the problem.

I am thinking it may be something related to a Win http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gifdows XP update or worse.

Capt.LoneRanger
05-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Argh - WindowsXP-Update? Please, don't say you installed SP2 !

Then I definately would recommend reinstalling windows - only thing that helped, after I installed it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

The techies from CH are very competent, so I doubt I can give you any advice that they didn't allready gave you.
Did you calibrate them from the CH-utilities or did you use the windows game-devices menue? I don't have an USB CH-HOTAS, but if there is a problem, you may have installed two of them parallel and only the first one moves the squares in IL2.
Again, just a wild guess - still playing with gameport devices here =)

greets
Capt.LoneRanger

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/7182/1703abcdefg.gif

PBNA-StringDude
05-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Long-Ranger,

Actually teh CH Controls calibrate fine using CH Control Manager but they don't show up on game devices at all.

PBNA-StringDude
05-07-2004, 06:42 PM
It works. Finally! I disconnected the TSW2, ran CH Delete and reinstalled CHMgr. Windows game controller recognized the CH Controllers and I am now able to use it in the IL2.