PDA

View Full Version : Okha AI, SPB code and the HS-293 and X-4

avimimus
06-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Why not combine the sucide AI from PF, the code that allows the SPB and model a few German WWII air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles.

So far as I know it has never been modelled properly in a sim and they would make challenging targets.

What do you think?

avimimus
06-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Why not combine the sucide AI from PF, the code that allows the SPB and model a few German WWII air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles.

So far as I know it has never been modelled properly in a sim and they would make challenging targets.

What do you think?

Storm_Bird
06-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Thid idea is quite good.

http://http://www.52dby.com/non-cgi/usr/16/16_931_1.jpg

Gibbage1
06-08-2004, 07:16 PM
OK. As long as we also include the US radar guided missiles. Why not include the remote drone B-17 the us developed also?

Lets not forget the VT fuse proxy shells for 5" guns on US ships. First used in 1944. 3 shots killed 2 betty bombers. They also accounted for 80% of the V1 Buzz bombs shot down later in London.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by avimimus:

What do you think?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Most P-39's were sent to the Russians - so I guess that was an American secret weapon against our Russian allies."

Stan Wood, P-38 pilot who also flew the P-39.

gombal40
06-09-2004, 02:38 AM
offcourse u mean shot by aaa.

avimimus
06-09-2004, 06:10 AM
Probably shot down total would be my guess.

Anyway, I think it could be a very interesting and easy to do addition to Il-2.

There were a number of allied projects to produce missiles and corrected bombs during world war two, some of which produced good results.

I really like the Idea of the B-17 bomb.