PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait for ACS PC version? Will Ubisoft mess up?

Scroog86
10-11-2015, 09:09 PM
I am really looking forward to playing this game and I want to play it as soon as possible. The only problem is the PC version is delayed, and i am not sure if i should get this for PS4. What do you guys think? Will Ubisoft **** up the PC port? Or is it worth the wait?

jonathan7882
10-11-2015, 11:48 PM
I am really looking forward to playing this game and I want to play it as soon as possible. The only problem is the PC version is delayed, and i am not sure if i should get this for PS4. What do you guys think? Will Ubisoft **** up the PC port? Or is it worth the wait?

All the evidence so far is ubi is really trying this time to learn from their mistakes form last time. The pc builds that have been tested have been fairly stable. If you have a pc that can likely run it it will be better than the ps4 version as I've heard it is a bit rough.

strigoi1958
10-12-2015, 12:19 AM
Gameplay wise the game is brilliant... Console quality graphics are really good now and very playable... If PC games were sold with similar settings it wouldn't bother me ... but PC games usually have better resolution and higher settings... So if they are important to you ... you could wait... but I am not good at waiting... and if I could use a controller I'd get it for the PS4 or Xbone.

legendvinu
10-12-2015, 08:50 AM

I think You have to wait for pc My friend it's great then xbox one and ps4

Scroog86
10-12-2015, 06:04 PM
All the evidence so far is ubi is really trying this time to learn from their mistakes form last time. The pc builds that have been tested have been fairly stable. If you have a pc that can likely run it it will be better than the ps4 version as I've heard it is a bit rough.

So your saying the best performance is actually on PC this time? Wow thats awesome

Scroog86
10-12-2015, 06:07 PM
So basically Ive come to the conclusion that if i wait i will have a better experience, if I don't i get to play sooner. Life sucks lol

legendvinu
10-13-2015, 06:30 AM
So your saying the best performance is actually on PC this time? Wow thats awesome

I love waiting and playing after all others have finished the juice and i will taste it and drink it after all would have finished;)

Jessigirl2013
10-13-2015, 11:27 AM

PCs are always better. :rolleyes:

Unity's bugs messed up the consoles aswell, but as always PC has the better graphics.:rolleyes:
#PCMASTERRACE:cool:

Back to topic...:rolleyes:

With UBIs PR in tatters after Unity, its doubtful that they would release another clanger ;).

With people complaining that it looks like Unity, I don't care, It means UBI has had more time to get rid of possible bugs.

Kobi_Blade
10-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Go for PS4.

Ubisoft hasn't released a proper PC port in years, every year they say the same "this year is going to be different".

Sure you can believe Ubisoft, and get mad again when the game is released, but seriously,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKMMCPeiQoc

Plus, we can't ignore the fact, that we get close to no support on PC, Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed Unity and Watch_Dogs are good examples, games that never got properly fixed and lost support in less than a year.

naumaan
10-15-2015, 12:37 AM
FInally, I am getting a laptop with an nvidia 900 series card, after a long wait of a whole year, I am back and what do i read, its gonna be a mess again ... ? !!!

i am not getting my hopes up now but as compared to what acbf was after ac3 buggy launch ... I d love to go for acs ... !!

strigoi1958
10-15-2015, 02:28 AM
I played the demo... It just made me want it right now... You said you were going to get a good laptop... I see you did.

Kobi_Blade
10-15-2015, 10:37 PM
I played the demo... It just made me want it right now... You said you were going to get a good laptop... I see you did.

The only playable demo that was available so far, was for consoles, and it's performance was far from good, it's better than AC:U, but still has framedrops.

Any preview you'll find online will also confirm that.

strigoi1958
10-15-2015, 10:58 PM
I'm a gamer i have no interest in FPS its an uninteresting set of numbers designed to keep others busy while gamers play the games. If someone believes a game cannot be good unless it reaches a specific number... They have no idea about games and if they are concerned about fps going up and down then lock it to 30 fps.

naumaan
10-16-2015, 12:00 AM

its arriving this week anytime, yay .. i am so excited about it ... finally after a whole year .. i will be able to play unity .. but syndicate will be next ... and its going to take some time as in .. I am going to play all of the previous games on it first ...

Kobi_Blade
10-16-2015, 01:01 AM
I'm a gamer i have no interest in FPS its an uninteresting set of numbers designed to keep others busy while gamers play the games. If someone believes a game cannot be good unless it reaches a specific number... They have no idea about games and if they are concerned about fps going up and down then lock it to 30 fps.

You're just a fanboy with no knowledge in IT, nothing more.

FPS below 30 are unplayable, if you disagree, then go ahead and say how great AC:U was/is.

I have nothing else to say to you, to avoid flame. I couldn't care less if you wanna be ignorant.

its arriving this week anytime, yay .. i am so excited about it ... finally after a whole year .. i will be able to play unity .. but syndicate will be next ... and its going to take some time as in .. I am going to play all of the previous games on it first ...

Have fun :p

strigoi1958
10-16-2015, 02:17 AM
Unity was awesome and i played co op with guys using systems below recommended spec and they played at 20 fps. If you dont meetthe spec you have to either accept that your pc is stopping you playing... Not the game. Thanks fanboy equals hard core fan and i am. ;)

legendvinu
10-16-2015, 06:44 AM
FInally, I am getting a laptop with an nvidia 900 series card, after a long wait of a whole year, I am back and what do i read, its gonna be a mess again ... ? !!!

i am not getting my hopes up now but as compared to what acbf was after ac3 buggy launch ... I d love to go for acs ... !!

Dear Friend I hope You should buy a Desktop instead of laptop some games Desktop handles well then laptop any way enjoy and mistake are made and it is going to be rectified by ACS so don't worry

ShootRawGuy
10-16-2015, 07:50 AM

A laptop is small and compact and it will get really hot. When it gets hot the performance falls. I would say a console is better then a laptop. Ofc there are gamiing laptops out there which really perform well, but they cost a fortune. A desktop would be a good choise if you choose the pc version.

I would say a good pc where only Windows, Syndicate and necessary drivers are installed would be the ultimate gaming solution. I guess no one has only one game and nothing else installed on their computers.
A console is a clean setup, no tweaks and such. The developer can focus on 2 sets of hardware,(PS4 and XOne) compared to our rigs which is put together by a billion different parts.

naumaan
10-16-2015, 12:18 PM
A laptop is small and compact and it will get really hot. When it gets hot the performance falls. I would say a console is better then a laptop. Ofc there are gamiing laptops out there which really perform well, but they cost a fortune. A desktop would be a good choise if you choose the pc version.

I would say a good pc where only Windows, Syndicate and necessary drivers are installed would be the ultimate gaming solution. I guess no one has only one game and nothing else installed on their computers.
A console is a clean setup, no tweaks and such. The developer can focus on 2 sets of hardware,(PS4 and XOne) compared to our rigs which is put together by a billion different parts.

I agree with you .. pc system is far better than the laptop one .. but laptops are way better than consoles ... i can disagree here .. I remember i had this same discussion with another guy here ... i ve been thinking to buy pc system as well .. they are upgradable .. they have more power .. more cache . Cards can be bought which can basically give you an ultimate experience .. but with that ... portability function is lost .. i know i know i am signing up for less with a laptop .. but its a habit that cant be changed now .. i wish i d never put my hands on a laptop ever .. but i ve been using laptops from the last 8 years ... cant ignore the benefits of laptop either ..

Kobi_Blade
10-16-2015, 02:21 PM
I agree with you .. pc system is far better than the laptop one .. but laptops are way better than consoles ... i can disagree here .. I remember i had this same discussion with another guy here ... i ve been thinking to buy pc system as well .. they are upgradable .. they have more power .. more cache . Cards can be bought which can basically give you an ultimate experience .. but with that ... portability function is lost .. i know i know i am signing up for less with a laptop .. but its a habit that cant be changed now .. i wish i d never put my hands on a laptop ever .. but i ve been using laptops from the last 8 years ... cant ignore the benefits of laptop either ..

The performance/price ratio between a desktop and a laptop is extremelly big.

naumaan
10-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Last i checked .. the latest asus rog gx700 laptop .. with 8mb cache .. i7 6th generation .. and nvidia desktop level card implanted in it .. its supposed to get a price over 2000 dollar ...

Jessigirl2013
10-16-2015, 06:36 PM
You're just a fanboy with no knowledge in IT, nothing more.

FPS below 30 are unplayable, if you disagree, then go ahead and say how great AC:U was/is.

I have nothing else to say to you, to avoid flame. I couldn't care less if you wanna be ignorant.

Have fun :p
"unplayable".... Depends on the person.

I played Unity and got 9fps when it dropped.... Now that was unplayable....:rolleyes:
However I was relatively ok while playing at 17fps... Then again I couldn't afford to upgrade.
I'm not saying that's how I wanted to play it :rolleyes: I just put up with it because otherwise I couldn't play Unity.

YazX_
10-16-2015, 07:24 PM
"unplayable".... Depends on the person.

I played Unity and got 9fps when it dropped.... Now that was unplayable....:rolleyes:
However I was relatively ok while playing at 17fps... Then again I couldn't afford to upgrade.
I'm not saying that's how I wanted to play it :rolleyes: I just put up with it because otherwise I couldn't play Unity.

ok everyone has a different view on playable and FPS, most PC gamers consider games below 60 FPS unplayable, i'm fine with avg 50+ but below that its unplayable for me, others don't mind 20-30 FPS which is also fine as long as you are ok with it.

but the fact remains that the difference between 30 and 60 FPS is huge and it starts to get less noticeable when you go higher.

strigoi1958
10-16-2015, 09:01 PM
I think consoles get 30 fps and I think that is perfectly playable.... even ps4 and xbox 1 graphics are very very good nowadays... for flying and car sims above 50fps is best but anywhere above 30 is great and above 40 is gold... I just like to play the game no matter what. :D

ShootRawGuy
10-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Last i checked .. the latest asus rog gx700 laptop .. with 8mb cache .. i7 6th generation .. and nvidia desktop level card implanted in it .. its supposed to get a price over 2000 dollar ...

Just curious how much you have to pay for these parts

Intel Core i7-5930K, Socket-LGA2011-3
ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME, Socket-2011-3
HyperX Fury 2133MHz 64GB (8x8GB)
ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD
Corsair AX 1200i, 1200W PSU

????

strigoi1958
10-17-2015, 01:13 AM
Hi betty... I always hoped you would come back.... Missed you posting here... Lots to tell you. :)

My system is similar to that and i paid 2000 for the tower alone. 20300 krone or 2700 euros

i7 6700K CPU overclocked to 4.6GHz.
6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
16GB of 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance DDR4,
Asus Z170 ROG Ranger
480GB Samsung SM951 PCIe SSD
3TB hard disk.

Kobi_Blade
10-17-2015, 04:45 AM

????

That build is not properly optimized for price/performance.

Motherboard, CPU and PSU are overpriced and there's better/cheaper alternatives that wouldn't affect the Gaming Performance.

As for the price, it goes over 2000, this is due to the fact above.

You can get the same performance as that build with less than 2000.

The socket alone is future proof but expensive and useless nowadays for gaming, I would wait for it to get cheaper.

strigoi1958
10-17-2015, 05:42 AM
Thats a good point kobi... To be honest i think a good gaming system can be built for 30% of what i paid... With a gtx970 which is an awesome card.

Misterscruff63
10-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Updated my laptop this year and I know I have paid over the odds for it but I could afford it then and was happy with what I got. For me instead of being stuck in the bedroom, living room or wherever you play away from family for hours on end Ive been sat next to the misses who has watched. Yeah everyone would like the latest desktop / laptop and play at the best setting's but sometimes things have to be compromised. In my time I have played on some poor machine's and some brilliant one's but for me if it run's the game and I enjoy it I'm the winner ! Mutterings over ;)

naumaan
10-17-2015, 11:04 AM

????

Cant say about yours but .. i ve got a pretty good deal in just 750 dollar .. cant afford 2000 dollars spent .. also .. when coming to desktops.. i literally have no idea which board .. and which machine is better ... i tried surfing on google .. but i found out there is a very small difference in the laptop and desktop prices ... somehow i feel my gaming experience is limited by laptops :D but .. if i m enjoying what iam playing then it does not matter what machine i am playing it with .. :D

Misterscruff63
10-17-2015, 12:31 PM
I have a MSI Dominator Pro GT 72 and believe me my laptop does not limit my enjoyment or gaming experience :)

naumaan
10-17-2015, 01:16 PM
I have a MSI Dominator Pro GT 72 and believe me my laptop does not limit my enjoyment or gaming experience :)

Oh boy ! .. i am jealous :p .. haha

Okie .. enough of derailing the topic ... i think acs will be more like ac3 in combat style and more like ac4 to ac3 from upgrade point of view ...

Misterscruff63
10-17-2015, 01:36 PM
For me BF is my favourite just liked the open world of it all and the combat style.

strigoi1958
10-17-2015, 04:40 PM
I think when people choose between a laptop or desktop they sometimes pick what is best for a game and not what is best for them. An i5 4460 system with 16GB ram and a gtx 970 with a 23 inch monitor can be bought for 700... it's a fantastic gaming system but people who buy it for a game instead of what suits their needs will quickly regret it.

A few weeks ago I had a 4 hour train journey and from the seat behind me... all I could hear was the sound that comes with someone synchronising a viewpoint in AC3 :D I was reading a newspaper and they were playing AC... at that moment I'd have given anything to have a laptop ;).

naumaan
10-17-2015, 06:12 PM
I was waiting for the asus rog systems which started from about 1500 dollars and go to 3000 dollars ... and i was waiting and waiting and waiting .. when ... they went to 1200 dollars down max ... which was not affordable at all ... and i was still planning to wait ... but then one day ... i read somewhere ...

"People who go their whole life looking for perfection only find misery" ...

then i decided to go for what is affordable right now ... :D ... better be imperfect than be miserable .. :P

strigoi1958
10-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Perfection is something we like..... it doesn't matter if it isn't perfect for others... I think a major point in our lives is when we can look at something and put the insignificant things out of mind and see the value or beauty or perfection of something (or someone) regardless of what others may say.

I think that is why I love AC games so much... I don't see the trivial things... I see the buildings, the deterioration, the opulence, the people, the streets, the fields, the weapons, animations, the puzzles, the missions, the sounds, costumes, explosions... I have to stop myself as I have work in an hour and I could write for a lot longer than that ;)

The first time I just stopped and hung from a church and looked around the city... It really hit me just how much time, effort and skill had gone into making the game "perfect" because it is. Other people can overlook this vast wealth because they cannot see past an NPC stood on a wall or something else as pointless.

naumaan
10-18-2015, 12:10 AM
Perfection is something we like..... it doesn't matter if it isn't perfect for others... I think a major point in our lives is when we can look at something and put the insignificant things out of mind and see the value or beauty or perfection of something (or someone) regardless of what others may say.

I think that is why I love AC games so much... I don't see the trivial things... I see the buildings, the deterioration, the opulence, the people, the streets, the fields, the weapons, animations, the puzzles, the missions, the sounds, costumes, explosions... I have to stop myself as I have work in an hour and I could write for a lot longer than that ;)

The first time I just stopped and hung from a church and looked around the city... It really hit me just how much time, effort and skill had gone into making the game "perfect" because it is. Other people can overlook this vast wealth because they cannot see past an NPC stood on a wall or something else as pointless.

nothing is perfect in the world, every one have misakes, as per the games, there were many imperfections in ac series, after all its an idea which is made possible by some hard workers who put their efforts in a single goal.

and look at the world they created, ac ezio story, rome .. firenze, old people from that area, still get awed when they look at it, ac revelation, in some previous years ,,, fox channel anchor used its photo as a background picture of turkey ... ac 3 .... massive buildings and forests waiting to be explored .. acbf and ac rogue islands ... ships, cities .. like you are exploring them for real, and then paris with the next generation graphics ... and now london, and still more to come as i suppose

the best way to teach someone anything is to make it in a story, and well, they hae done it so well from first assassins creed to the last, I feel like a child in front of ac creators, and i wonder, how people say games are a waste of time, I didnt know about rome, firenze, borgia pope fiasco, american revoluion, the glory of pirates why they were so famous, and i learned this from assassins creed ... i often wonder if they ever go to the world war time period, as I ll get to know more about it. ... but alas ... fictional story is one thing, but showing an alternate approach to history is amazing.

Kobi_Blade
10-18-2015, 02:13 AM
nothing is perfect in the world, every one have misakes, as per the games, there were many imperfections in ac series, after all its an idea which is made possible by some hard workers who put their efforts in a single goal.

and look at the world they created, ac ezio story, rome .. firenze, old people from that area, still get awed when they look at it, ac revelation, in some previous years ,,, fox channel anchor used its photo as a background picture of turkey ... ac 3 .... massive buildings and forests waiting to be explored .. acbf and ac rogue islands ... ships, cities .. like you are exploring them for real, and then paris with the next generation graphics ... and now london, and still more to come as i suppose

the best way to teach someone anything is to make it in a story, and well, they hae done it so well from first assassins creed to the last, I feel like a child in front of ac creators, and i wonder, how people say games are a waste of time, I didnt know about rome, firenze, borgia pope fiasco, american revoluion, the glory of pirates why they were so famous, and i learned this from assassins creed ... i often wonder if they ever go to the world war time period, as I ll get to know more about it. ... but alas ... fictional story is one thing, but showing an alternate approach to history is amazing.

You have no idea of the lost potencial in the Assassins Creed Series, Ubisoft been more worried about making money, they release two Assassins Creeds per year.

Imagine if Ubisoft gave freedom to one Studio, for it to make an Assassins Creed game, for whatever time they needed? It would probably be a better game than the stuff we been getting.

Ubisoft right now, has dozens of Studios across the world working in the same game, and we all seen how that turns out, an unoptimized game, full of the same old collectibles, almost no gameplay changes and a story that doesn't branch out the right way.

This is a little off topic, but they seem to be doing the same with Far Cry, Far Cry 4 didn't evolve nothing compared to previous sequels, and was released too soon!

This types of policies, is what makes me think that Ubisoft is the worst triple A studio in the market at the moment, after Activision! They have a good portfolio, but they're more worried about making money than to improve that portfolio. We'll get tired of it eventually, like it happened to Activision!

I know I wont buy any AC and FC game in the coming years, and probably others that jump into the early release cancer, unless some miracle happens and Ubisoft really starts caring about us, and doesn't spread development of a game across multiple studios (across the world) and gives them the time they need to make a proper game.

Not saying they're bad games, but there's lots of wasted potencial due to bad management, my hype for Syndicate is 0, I had my fill with the Unity fiasco.

naumaan
10-18-2015, 02:44 AM
You have no idea of the lost potencial in the Assassins Creed Series, Ubisoft been more worried about making money, they release two Assassins Creeds per year.

Imagine if Ubisoft gave freedom to one Studio, for it to make an Assassins Creed game, for whatever time they needed? It would probably be a better game than the stuff we been getting.

Ubisoft right now, has dozens of Studios across the world working in the same game, and we all seen how that turns out, an unoptimized game, full of the same old collectibles, almost no gameplay changes and a story that doesn't branch out the right way.

This is a little off topic, but they seem to be doing the same with Far Cry, Far Cry 4 didn't evolve nothing compared to previous sequels, and was released too soon!

This types of policies, is what makes me think that Ubisoft is the worst triple A studio in the market at the moment, after Activision! They have a good portfolio, but they're more worried about making money than to improve that portfolio. We'll get tired of it eventually, like it happened to Activision!

I know I wont buy any AC and FC game in the coming years, and probably others that jump into the early release cancer, unless some miracle happens and Ubisoft really starts caring about us, and doesn't spread development of a game across multiple studios (across the world) and gives them the time they need to make a proper game.

I understand your point, if they have given it a good story with a good history balance, even if the gameplay mechanics were similar ... it would have been a hit ... like ezio games ,, like in ac3, they made it all revolving around connor, like america is in its place because of connor.... its not at all believable, then comes the acbf, I dont have much to complain about it because it was kind of a decent story, ... hell they changed the subject from history to the main story .. i cant say about unity as i havent tried it .. but from the reviews, they are not focusing on the main story either ... l don't know about syndicate ...like the story.. there are many more problems but there are positive points to these games as well. I dont know about you but I was thinking not to buy another game after unity failed to launch on my old generation pc but then i cant help myself and want to see how they are gonna tell their next tale of fictional history. I feel like a die hard fan anyways.

strigoi1958
10-18-2015, 03:47 AM
To myself and others ac has always fulfilled or surpassed its potential. Unity was a big step up in specs but because of the visual quality it had to be high... Even though it shocked us at first. To some when their system was not powerful enough they blamed the game.

As for potential being met by changing the way things are done... Hmm I'm sure if unity was made that way... Someone would be saying they didn't use the potential of spreading the work over several studios... The game devs were overworked and worn out... Why have 5000 staff and only use 500 ?

Plus 1 building with 5000 staff does not mean it is better than using 10 buildings with 500 staff. Besides what about the staff at the studios not working ?.. Sorry guys you're all unemployed because some guy on a forum wants it done differently ;)
Nobody can please everyone all the time and when we are unhappy it is easy to suggest ways that we think would have made us happy.... Whether they are viable or effective or not... It just eases the pain a little.

Far cry is a perfect example... Some fc fans didn't like fc3 saying it was too different from fc2... Now fc fans are saying fc4 is not different enough... :confused: should ubi listen to group a or group b ? Or just follow what is best for their staff and the majority of buyers ?

Also... in the past I have started to like a game or series and suddenly it became completely different but FC and AC always keep the core mechanics.... so the settings are new, the people are new, the story, the weapons and sounds are new but... I can jump straight in and be immersed.... I can take in what's on the screen without having to keep looking at the keyboard every 2 minutes.

ShootRawGuy
10-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Hi betty... I always hoped you would come back.... Missed you posting here... Lots to tell you. :)

My system is similar to that and i paid 2000 for the tower alone. 20300 krone or 2700 euros

i7 6700K CPU overclocked to 4.6GHz.
6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
16GB of 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance DDR4,
Asus Z170 ROG Ranger
480GB Samsung SM951 PCIe SSD
3TB hard disk.

I am still on my 2 year old build (see my signature). I have done some changes thou. I had to change some parts because of a thunderstorm. Accident. I changed my PSU to a newer version, the digital one (1200i). I changed my watercooling (H110i). I also went from AMD to Nvidia, and got a Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti. I was lucky my mobo and cpu was in good shape .)
And I went for the Windows 10 experience. It's great. I really love Win 10.
Good to see you too Stri :)