PDA

View Full Version : What about a AC that you can do a pacifist run ?

RA503
10-11-2015, 03:52 PM
First, I not a moral guardian that hate violence in media, is only a curiosity that I want to see the other fans opinions...

This is a idea that I start imagine playing trough the metal gear series,every metal gear you can do a ''pacifist run'' beating the game without killing anyone,what you think about a AC like that ?

The problem is that in MG the missions is rescue,and in AC universe the world don't will sleep until the villains still alive...

I know that, but as said I want the hear your opinions...

VestigialLlama4
10-11-2015, 04:11 PM
First, I not a moral guardian that hate violence in media, is only a curiosity that I want to see the other fans opinions...

This is a idea that I start imagine playing trough the metal gear series,every metal gear you can do a ''pacifist run'' beating the game without killing anyone,what you think about a AC like that ?

The problem is that in MG the missions is rescue,and in AC universe the world don't will sleep until the villains still alive...

I know that, but as said I want the hear your opinions...

Well, I think doing a pacifist run and the games calling itself Assassin's Creed is self-defeating. You should provide stealth options so that you can do the game without killing anyone but key targets. That's cool.

Locopells
10-11-2015, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm793wxCxzg

Seriously though, other than main targets, you can pretty much do that already, since they introduced non-lethal options (things like naval/exotic missions, excepting).

kosmoscreed
10-11-2015, 04:24 PM
But you can do that in Unity most of the time outside forced combat and target kills, you can choke enemies.

SixKeys
10-11-2015, 07:11 PM
IIRC, the upcoming AC Chronicles: India has an achievement for doing a pacifist run.

HDinHB
10-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Seriously though, other than main targets, you can pretty much do that already, since they introduced non-lethal options (things like naval/exotic missions, excepting).

Even before they introduced choke holds and sleep darts, I introduced my own headcanon that I was just disabling the guards, not killing them.

Initiates, back when it was still a thing, had a modern day pacifist assassin. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Emmanuel_Barraza

dread_stone
10-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Well, I think doing a pacifist run and the games calling itself Assassin's Creed is self-defeating. You should provide stealth options so that you can do the game without killing anyone but key targets. That's cool.
Amen.

Why do people want to make this series something that it isn't? This ain't Thief.

Jessigirl2013
10-11-2015, 08:25 PM
I think there's been a mission like this at some point.... that or an optional objective.

I like the idea, that you can only kill your target but no-one else.

It also means that stealth plays a bigger part, as you wouldn't be able to be detected.;)

SixKeys
10-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Amen.

Why do people want to make this series something that it isn't? This ain't Thief.

It could be a fun challenge. The games themselves are easy as hell so lots of people come up with their own challenges to keep things interesting. Pacifist runs are technically possible in some missions already, like taking over towers and plantations.

BananaBlighter
10-11-2015, 09:19 PM
You could always just set up some sort of 'accident'. This wouldn't work for all missions since many are in confined ares, but if you only knock out the target, and then place them on the railway, you just have to wait for the train to arrive, blending in to the unsuspecting crowd. Who could blame you, it was the train driver's fault! ;)

LoyalACFan
10-12-2015, 12:31 AM
Of course you should still have to kill main targets, but other than that, you can do a pacifist run in every game post-AC3.

SixKeys
10-12-2015, 01:23 AM
You could always just set up some sort of 'accident'. This wouldn't work for all missions since many are in confined ares, but if you only knock out the target, and then place them on the railway, you just have to wait for the train to arrive, blending in to the unsuspecting crowd. Who could blame you, it was the train driver's fault! ;)

I saw something hilarious like this in one of Maceonik's videos. He had ACR Ezio throw a lure bomb near a wooden structure. A bunch of guards went to investigate. One of them climbed on top of the structure while the others moved on. Then Ezio threw a thunder bomb next to the climbing guard so the wooden structure came down, killing him. Made it look like an accident. :D

cawatrooper9
10-12-2015, 03:02 PM
I loved the more pacifist options in Dishonored, but I think Ezio's sparing of Rodrigo in ACII shows how effective a pacifist Assassin is.

Hans684
10-12-2015, 05:21 PM
I loved the more pacifist options in Dishonored, but I think Ezio's sparing of Rodrigo in ACII shows how effective a pacifist Assassin is.

Yeah, he didn't do his duty as an Assassin there.

cawatrooper9
10-12-2015, 06:55 PM

Exactly, and though one could always argue that killing Rodrigo wouldn't have prevented Cesare from seizing power, it certainly would have weakened him and perhaps even stripped him of his position. Rodrigo's death would've been justified, and Ezio had no reason not to act.

Same goes for the Temple of Solomon- Altair should have completed his assassination according to the tenets of the Creed there, but he went his own way and the Assassins suffered because of it.
Then there's Connor who tried to change his father's allegiance, but just ended up having to kill him in the end, anyway.

There is certainly precedence for Assassins not acting with lethal measures, but it doesn't make a great case for pacifism. (The most convincing case to the contrary, aside from the more sympathetic Templars in the white rooms who probably should have still died anyway, is when Ezio killed Tarik which he ended up regretting).

Anykeyer
10-13-2015, 08:15 AM
IIRC, the upcoming AC Chronicles: India has an achievement for doing a pacifist run.

China too. It doesnt directly say so, but getting max scores requires "shadow gold", you are only allowed to kill your targets. Other playstyles, even at gold rank, give lower scores and wont allow you to get that achievement.

Jessigirl2013
10-13-2015, 11:33 AM

:rolleyes:

Hans684
10-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Exactly, and though one could always argue that killing Rodrigo wouldn't have prevented Cesare from seizing power, it certainly would have weakened him and perhaps even stripped him of his position.

It would have done more damage than good either way, he should have killed him either way. But they can't change history either.

Rodrigo's death would've been justified, and Ezio had no reason not to act.

Well, Ezio isn't perfectly written either. There are two times he has says that he is beyond revenge. In his handled game where he says his duty as an Assassin is bigger than his thirst for revenge and his bonfire speech. Those two moments have him saying he's not blinded by it(in their own way) and that he understands what it means to be an Assassin. However him spearing Rodrigo because "it won't bring my family back."

Same goes for the Temple of Solomon- Altair should have completed his assassination according to the tenets of the Creed there, but he went his own way and the Assassins suffered because of it.
Then there's Connor who tried to change his father's allegiance, but just ended up having to kill him in the end, anyway.

True regarding Alta´r, however Connor didn't try to change his father's allegiance. Connor accepted his offer of truce but eventually broke it after he reveled good oil' Georgie burned his village. At some point he attacked Haytham's base with intentions of killing Lee but was confronted by Haytham. So Connor offers a second truce with the condition of Lee's life, something Haytham refuses as he broke the truce, wants Lee and just attacked their base.

There is certainly precedence for Assassins not acting with lethal measures, but it doesn't make a great case for pacifism.(The most convincing case to the contrary, aside from the more sympathetic Templars in the white rooms who probably should have still died anyway, is when Ezio killed Tarik which he ended up regretting).

Certainly, pacifist Assassins isn't gonna as effective as lethal ones because they might let the wrong kind live. As for sympathetic Templar, most of that kind it's bad either. The Ottoman/Byzantine, The Colonial, the Caribbean and moderate Parisian Templars are mostly better than the nations they aim to overthrow or replace. Regarding Tarik, true.