PDA

View Full Version : What aspect of AC needs most improved?

TacoOoMonster
10-11-2015, 10:57 AM
Stealth? Present Day Story? Parkour and Traversal? Cover System? Textures and Animation? Combat gameplay? Enemy AI? More Options on Black Box Assassinations? More Interesting Side Quests?

king-hailz
10-11-2015, 11:08 AM
It is sad that you didn't put the fact that the running and climbing, moving in general, is way too cinematic and feel too floaty.

BananaBlighter
10-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Enemy AI is pretty high up on my list. It's been a problem for a long time but has never been addressed, unlike most on that list.

It's scary how stupid they are, and I think it could improve stealth if guards didn't stop looking for you if they are 100% sure there is a killer about (see a dead body, are aware of you for more tan 3 seconds). After all we've always been able to carry bodies and hide them, but there has never really been a use for it. Guards should also spread the word so more guards would start looking for you, however guards that have not seen evidence with their own eyes are not as convinced and so unlike the original guard/s that saw you, they will go back to their post after some time, unless they do find evidence of a killer.

It would create opportunities as guards who hear about you wold leave their post long enough for you to get past. If enough guards are fully convinced, then if it is a blackbox mission, they will tell the target who will make a run for it, leading to a chase lie AC1. Some guard types are harder to convince that others, some will make sure everyone stays in their posts ("It's what the killer wants, we have to stay guarding,") while others are likely to go looking for you.

Adding something like this would increase the difficulty of stealth, probably making it more exciting too, which is something that I wish was present in Syndicate, even if it is only through difficulty options.

EmptyCrustacean
10-11-2015, 11:29 AM
- Protagonist, Story and present day. This is my main issue. Ubisoft need to stop being so ashamed of their lore. We need an Assassin that is proud to be an Assassin. We need a story that is Assassin/Templar focused (which Syndicate seems to be). We need a present day protagonist that has their own character arc and who actually learns valuable life lessons from his/her in-animus experience. We need a strong present day gameplay that is as detailed, non linear and fun. You know the way Arno had his mini adventures in Versailles before coming to Paris? We need a modern day map that size.

- They've improved combat by making it harder but enemy AI needs to be more like Splinter Cell during stealth. The guards are too dumb.

- They need to have more varied side missions and collectibles. No more copy and paste items that make it seem like a chore.

- They need to have a full game with a female protagonist. Women make up just under half of all gamers. No excuses.

pacmanate
10-11-2015, 12:01 PM
Story, MD and past. It's been utter crap the past few games.

kosmoscreed
10-11-2015, 03:06 PM
I will agree with anyone picking story or/and MD but for me gameplay is always the most important thing in games and in my case I will say stealth and everything related to that, cover system, AI, mission design...., there are games out there doing cool things and they work pretty good, better than AC.

The truth is the game should be better in every aspect, for a game that has been iterated so many times, the lack of ideas and fresh content is plain bad. You play something like MGSV and yes, is a very different game, but gameplay-wise that game is full of awesome ideas when it comes to stealth possibilities.

HDinHB
10-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Stealth? Present Day Story? Parkour and Traversal? Cover System? Textures and Animation? Combat gameplay? Enemy AI? More Options on Black Box Assassinations? More Interesting Side Quests?

It is sad that you didn't put the fact that the running and climbing, moving in general, is way too cinematic and feel too floaty.

Yeah, you list options in your OP that you didn't include in the poll. :confused: I don't think we need "more" of anything, we need less of some things and better of everything else.

Jessigirl2013
10-11-2015, 08:14 PM
I knew my answer before I even saw the poll.

Modern day story!:rolleyes:

SixKeys
10-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Story (especially modern day) and NPC AI.
Unity improved on a lot of aspects IMO, regardless of how most people view it. Blackbox assassinations could be developed further but Unity had a good start. Stealth was good, customization was fantastic, side quests up the wazoo (though I'd prefer quality over quantity) and the world was fine. Combat still needs work, but Unity was a step in the right direction there too IMO.

RVSage
10-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Story, the lore. needs to improve big time. AI can br improved, co op was a good addition. they should focus on improving it

GunnerGalactico
10-11-2015, 09:30 PM
I agree with everybody else about the story, lore and MD. The NPC AI definitely needs a major improvement. I liked the way they handled the stealth in Unity, but there is room for improvement though.

ACZanius
10-11-2015, 10:09 PM
A lot of crazy work goes into Assassin's Creed games so i really don't think it's fair to nitpick in my "opinion", i voted Story/Lore because oh Ubisoft please i hope you make present day exciting and epic again like it used to be, full of mind-blown events, i think it was Rino who said something along the lines "If you want modern day exciting and epic you have to MAKE it exciting and epic" forgive for some misquotes can't remember exact letter to letter. So yeah, present day and story overall.

ACZanius
10-11-2015, 10:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6v5_vwjJbM

Decided to watch gameplay vid of ACS, felt so fatigued but that aside why do knife throws look so weird? And why does Evie stab people in legs and they just die lol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W5yvHCmGyA

Same running animation and assassination animation as Arno? Blood looks "off" and i don't dig it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XogoayNyS-M

Wow, London at night and raining looks amazing and i dig Evies's combat more than Jacob, heck i love Evie more than Jacob from what i have seen, her movement, style and combat. And question about rope launcher? This is nitpicking at best but where does all that rope come from lol, like jacob/evie just shoots 50 meter rope across huge street or the scene in the vid to big gen...

pacmanate
10-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Evie's combat? They both have access to the same weapons in game. Jacob can use the cane too

m4r-k7
10-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Jeez the dialogue of the random citizens and the blighters/police is so stereo typically British it hurts my ears xD

VitoAuditore
10-11-2015, 11:46 PM
as the moment, I am happy with everything except maybe the hidden blade animations... personally, the thing I would like to see improved tho is the finishing touch. fixing the bugs etc.

dxsxhxcx
10-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Everything, but the priority should be story/MD and enemy AI/combat difficulty, the latter has been plaguing this franchise for too long already.

Locopells
10-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Jeez the dialogue of the random citizens and the blighters/police is so stereo typically British it hurts my ears xD

Well given this is where most of the stereotype comes from, that fits!

m4r-k7
10-12-2015, 12:40 AM
Well given this is where most of the stereotype comes from, that fits!

Haha but stuff such as "Chicken sh*t"?!?! I didn't even know that was a thing xD

LoyalACFan
10-12-2015, 12:48 AM
Haha but stuff such as "Chicken sh*t"?!?! I didn't even know that was a thing xD

I hear that all the time, but I thought it was a rural American expression, not a British one.

dread_stone
10-12-2015, 01:16 AM
Everything, honestly. Combat looks a mess, story is questionable, stealth is beyond ridiculous (invisibility and gang fights?), modern day is now atrocious, etc.

strigoi1958
10-12-2015, 01:26 AM
I would have mentioned a difficulty setting.. I know some players had problems with the wolves in AC3 (And those TOMBS in AC2 :D) also there are many conflicting posts where combat is seen as either too easy or too difficult.. So Novice, Master, Grand Master and ALTAIR levels would help improve peoples enjoyment.

EmptyCrustacean
10-12-2015, 01:29 AM
I would have mentioned a difficulty setting.. I know some players had problems with the wolves in AC3 (And those TOMBS in AC2 :D) also there are many conflicting posts where combat is seen as either too easy or too difficult.. So Novice, Master, Grand Master and ALTAIR levels would help improve peoples enjoyment.

I think the 1 star, 2 star thing they introduced in Black Flag was Ubi's way of implementing a difficulty level in a way. You can always wander into a 5 star zone with only 2 stars.

strigoi1958
10-12-2015, 01:44 AM
I was thinking more of lengthening the time it has to hit a button to perform a move or kill or complete a timed mission (to make it easier) and fewer guards.

To increase difficulty make the guards more alert. Or more guards or just more Brutes/ Captains/Archers/Jaegers etc.. Increase the optional objectives. smaller weapon inventory. Or an unseen objective... being spotted for a certain amount of time starts at a save point again.

RVSage
10-12-2015, 03:05 AM

valid point. That could be a good thing, or maybe a new game plus mode like in the Arkham series(was there in AC Chronicles too an unreal engine thingy) . A bit more difficulty won't hurt at all

I-Like-Pie45
10-12-2015, 03:53 AM
i don't think anything needs improving

dxsxhxcx
10-12-2015, 04:18 AM
I think the 1 star, 2 star thing they introduced in Black Flag was Ubi's way of implementing a difficulty level in a way. You can always wander into a 5 star zone with only 2 stars.

the thing is, I don't think this is what the people who want the game to be harder are looking for, they want the entire game to be more challenging, from the first common guard you find to the elite guards (these should be even harder to defeat), I certainly don't want to be forced to go to a certain area of the city to find a reasonable challenge that should be everywhere, or use low level equipment to give the guards a chance, IMO this approach is flawed because it FORCES the players to restrict themselves, not allowing them to enjoy everything the game has to offer, this option (to impose limitations in order to create more challenge) should be present, but it shouldn't be the norm as it is today..

Difficulty settings are the way to go...

booty_fiend
10-12-2015, 05:34 AM
modern day needs jesus.

TacoOoMonster
10-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Read TacoOoMonster's latest articles on council.assassinscreed.com to see where the series is going!

Join AC rewards: https://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/rewards/login.aspx?_cts_=u5efT40L

Ichrukia56
10-12-2015, 01:03 PM
story and lore oh and the AI also needs improvements

cawatrooper9
10-12-2015, 02:59 PM
This was tough, but I finally stuck with Story. I love the series, and because of that I want it to be better than it is. Story, what was once the heart of the franchise, seems to be significantly lacking these days. Let's hope Syndicate does better than Unity.

ArbKnight
10-13-2015, 01:22 AM
The modern-day parts need the most work. It seems like Ubisoft doesn't care anymore about the present-day stuff.
So they should either put more effort, or cut it out of future games completely.

TO_M
10-13-2015, 01:35 AM
Why isn't there a "all of it" option? The series have become very mediocre/low quality.

atchi
10-19-2015, 09:36 AM
There's too much filler content. I don't want to spend tens of hours running around opening chests and finding collectibles, neither do I want to spend ages thinking about which coat's bonuses fit my play style best.
I want to climb buildings, I want to weapons and armour that get better as I progress in the game (no ambiguity as to what "better" is!), and I want to stab people in the neck!

The biggest problem with Assassin's Creed Revelations was that it was too bloated. Unity took bloated to a whole new level.

dxsxhxcx
10-19-2015, 12:07 PM
after watching the 40min video that leaked some days ago I must say:

NPC AI, during the first mission with Jacob, where we invade a factory to kill our target, the NPCs barely react to him, I mean, there is this random dude that appears out of nowhere, totally alien to the environment, SNEAKING around and silently killing people and all the NPCs do is mind their own business... needless to say how immersion breaking that is.. lol

VestigialLlama4
10-19-2015, 01:45 PM
after watching the 40min video that leaked some days ago I must say:

NPC AI, during the first mission with Jacob, where we invade a factory to kill our target, the NPCs barely react to him, I mean, there is this random dude that appears out of nowhere, totally alien to the environment, SNEAKING around and silently killing people and all the NPCs do is mind their own business... needless to say how immersion breaking that is.. lol

Yeah I had huge problems with it on seeing it as well. I mean this is what happens when you take AC style gameplay and attach it to an environment like that and decide that stuff like rethinking stealth, modernizing and updating to the new time period and setting is not an issue at all.

dxsxhxcx
10-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Yeah I had huge problems with it on seeing it as well. I mean this is what happens when you take AC style gameplay and attach it to an environment like that and decide that stuff like rethinking stealth, modernizing and updating to the new time period and setting is not an issue at all.

I understand that asking for realistic behaviour would be too much because this is a huge game and there are many things to take into consideration, so our suspension of disbelief should play a part here, but the NPCs (most of them from what I remember) just stood there doing their thing as if they were a static part of the environment, like a wall or something..

The least they could've done was made that mission (and other missions like that) happen at night, what would justify a reduced number of NPCs in the factory, making the whole situation less ridiculous.

VestigialLlama4
10-19-2015, 02:25 PM
I understand that asking for realistic behaviour would be too much because this is a huge game and there are many things to take into consideration, so our suspension of disbelief should play a part here, but the NPCs (most of them from what I remember) just stood there doing their thing as if they were a static part of the environment, like a wall or something..

The least they could've done was made that mission (and other missions like that) happen at night, what would justify a reduced number of NPCs in the factory, making the whole situation less ridiculous.

Placing it at night takes away from the aesthetic purpose which is to show how conditions really were at that time in that place. I like the "idea" of the scene, I just wish it was implemented well, like say, you infiltrate with a costume until you reach a part where you can set loose and go hell-for-leather to your target.

I think they are banking on the overall effectiveness of the scene, and it is effective in setting the mood, rather than on logic and consistency. I said initially that it felt very gamey because that industrial environment you see it in many games: Metropolis Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Steel Mill in Arkham City (the room near the final chamber looks just like that stealth room from there), the Fink Factory in Bioshock Infinite, and my favorite, Rothwild Slaughterhouse in Dishonored (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qBV4sMlOUA) which kind of achieves what Syndicate is trying to do with this mission, make a statement via use of environment, set ambience and be functional as more than tutorial and tour.

cawatrooper9
10-19-2015, 09:35 PM

I mean, I feel like AC1 had more realistic NPCs. In fact, NPCs in general seemed to get more love in previous games.
Sure, they now have scripted events that make them feel more alive, but if they're unfazed by a murder happening in front of them then I'm not sold.

Upon recent replays, I've really come to appreciate the NPCs in Brotherhood. They run when there's violence around them. Sometimes, in liberated districts they'll gather around to watch a fight, and often will even come to Ezio's aid. That's a whole lot more dynamic than what we've seen in Syndicate so far.
But hey! At least we get to see a guy juggle in the street!

strigoi1958
10-20-2015, 05:42 AM
As I said before... a difficulty setting might be very useful... newcomers might easily get into the game but to us lot... increasing AI difficulty or tougher captains might be a nice option.

VestigialLlama4
10-20-2015, 05:48 AM
As I said before... a difficulty setting might be very useful... newcomers might easily get into the game but to us lot... increasing AI difficulty or tougher captains might be a nice option.

I would love an AC hard mode or New Game Plus.

RVSage
10-20-2015, 06:37 AM
I would love an AC hard mode or New Game Plus.

I second this

shobhit7777777
10-20-2015, 06:37 AM
AI...oh lord, the AI!

AC has become a really really really "dumb" game.

The system governing the NPC AI is archaic, dense and illogical to the point that its seriously holding the gameplay back. Syndicate's London not only looks empty as hell but also seems to have unacceptably stupid AI.

The crowd and the enemies don't "speak" to each other. There is no ripple effect to manipulate or mess with your plans. Its too easy, predictable and boring. Jacob chucks a throwing knife at a gangster...the guy drops dead and the crowd nearby comes in closer to investigate...some run away...the dead guy's buddy is oblivious to this commotion....these are the kind of things that annoy and frustrate me. Not only is it immersion shattering but also makes the gameplay experience bland.

Furthermore, the mission design for the gang-hideouts is again more of the same - we've had this since Brotherhood, I'm tired now - and falls into the same trap of having social stealth mechanics and AI but a splinter cell mission.

The premise and time period, I think, would've allowed for more nuanced gameplay. They've cut down on crowds...ok..your dense cover is gone...but has it been replaced by something else? Can Jacob and Evie disguise themselves or their demeanor? Can they customize their outfits according to the area's socio-economic conditions and blend in better? Do the assassin's have more ways to interact with the thinned out crowd to better blend in? ("Sir, could you direct me to the XYZ?" and Jacob is blending in a with a quick 5 sec canned anim)

Does a dead body in the middle of a gang hideout in a shady part of the town illicit a different response from the crowd as opposed to one being found in a posh area? Does the police react to the player's actions - You ARE building a criminal empire - in an expected manner? Can you even interact with the police aside from rearranging their teeth with a knuckleduster?

Syndicate's gameplay is as interesting to me as a jug of pisswater. Its boring, insipid, impotent and just does not cut it.

In a day and age where we have some amazingly strong titles coming out which are packing powerful gameplay-narrative punch combos....ACS brings me even more tired and crappy gameplay.

My time is very very limited...there are 100s of things vying for it. I cannot spend my limited game time on a title..a franchise..which refuses to respect my intelligence or provide engaging gameplay.

tl;dr

AI sucks..pls improve

RVSage
10-20-2015, 06:44 AM
AI...oh lord, the AI!

The system governing the NPC AI is archaic, dense and illogical to the point that its seriously holding the gameplay back. Syndicate's London not only looks empty as hell but also seems to have unacceptably stupid AI.

The crowd and the enemies don't "speak" to each other. There is no ripple effect to manipulate or mess with your plans. Its too easy, predictable and boring. Jacob chucks a throwing knife at a gangster...the guy drops dead and the crowd nearby comes in closer to investigate...some run away...the dead guy's buddy is oblivious to this commotion....these are the kind of things that annoy and frustrate me. Not only is it immersion shattering but also makes the gameplay experience bland.

Furthermore, the mission design for the gang-hideouts is again more of the same - we've had this since Brotherhood, I'm tired now - and falls into the same trap of having social stealth mechanics and AI but a splinter cell mission.

The premise and time period, I think, would've allowed for more nuanced gameplay. They've cut down on crowds...ok..your dense cover is gone...but has it been replaced by something else? Can Jacob and Evie disguise themselves or their demeanor? Can they customize their outfits according to the area's socio-economic conditions and blend in better? Do the assassin's have more ways to interact with the thinned out crowd to better blend in? ("Sir, could you direct me to the XYZ?" and Jacob is blending in a with a quick 5 sec canned anim)

Does a dead body in the middle of a gang hideout in a shady part of the town illicit a different response from the crowd as opposed to one being found in a posh area? Does the police react to the player's actions - You ARE building a criminal empire - in an expected manner? Can you even interact with the police aside from rearranging their teeth with a knuckleduster?

Syndicate's gameplay is as interesting to me as a jug of pisswater. Its boring, insipid, impotent and just does not cut it.

In a day and age where we have some amazingly strong titles coming out which are packing powerful gameplay-narrative punch combos....ACS brings me even more tired and crappy gameplay.

My time is very very limited...there are 100s of things vying for it. I cannot spend my limited game time on a title..a franchise..which refuses to respect my intelligence or provide engaging gameplay.

tl;dr

AI sucks..pls improve

Some people really liked the gameplay. just because you don't like it , it does not mean others do not like it. Ironically you just wasted about 10 mins typing that. (As you said you not have time for this).
And you have not even played it yet. Rather pointless paragraph you have there. As I say if you do not find it interesting why come here? You contradicted yourself. This is not a hate forum, this is a discussion forum

And yes crowds have been replaced with dense vehicles, trains and boats equivalent additions, and there are regions with good crowd, like market places

And last a police officer works with Jacob and Evie. I see how incomplete your knowledge of the game is .

shobhit7777777
10-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Some people really liked the gameplay. just because you don't like it , it does not mean others do not like it. Ironically you just wasted about 10 mins typing that. (As you said you not have time for this).
And you have not even played it yet. Rather pointless paragraph you have there. As I say if you do not find it interesting why come here? You contradicted yourself. This is not a hate forum, this is a discussion forum

And yes crowds have been replaced with dense vehicles, trains and boats equivalent additions, and there are regions with good crowd, like market places

And last a police officer works with Jacob and Evie. I see how incomplete your knowledge of the game is .

I seem to have upset you. You clearly like Syndicate. Thats OK. I don't. My post represents MY opinion...I don't speak for everyone else. I'm basing my opinion on the gameplay footage I've seen...enough to surmise what the gameplay will be like.

I don't think you've truly understood the underlying problem I'm trying to elaborate upon with my last post as you're hung up on the 'thinned out crowds' bit. I spent "10 min" on that post because I too believe that this is a discussion forum and I wanted to share my views on the current state of the franchise. I don't see those 10 min as wasted, I see it as time well spent - providing feedback so that I can enjoy the franchise again. This is a feedback thread afterall.

I'm glad you're happy with Syndicate...unfortunately, its not good enough for me. So I will be vocal about my dislike.

SixKeys
10-20-2015, 07:38 AM
AI...oh lord, the AI!

tl;dr

AI sucks..pls improve

Haven't seen enough of Syndicate's gameplay yet to form my own opinion, but you've hit the nail on the head when it comes to the overall problems plaguing the franchise. The biggest problem is that it hasn't evolved with the times. The same stupid AI that we've had since 2007 just doesn't cut it in 2015. It's absurd how little time they dedicate to the AI. Forget giving us fancy new parkour animations, forget more tools and distractions, focus on the essentials. I consider myself something of a casual gamer and even I can tell the AI in AC is outdated and lacking compared to other modern games.

I want to see all those things you suggest - proper interaction with the crowd, proper social stealth. I want poor districts to feel vastly different from rich districts not just visually but gameplay-wise. I want a real disguise system. I want people to react differently to my actions depending on how I'm dressed and which part of the city I'm in. I want crowds to react to dead bodies and the police to take notice of the commotion. Hell, AC1 had better crowd interaction than the latest entry in the series. That's just not right.

RVSage
10-20-2015, 07:40 AM
I seem to have upset you. You clearly like Syndicate. Thats OK. I don't. My post represents MY opinion...I don't speak for everyone else. I'm basing my opinion on the gameplay footage I've seen...enough to surmise what the gameplay will be like.

I don't think you've truly understood the underlying problem I'm trying to elaborate upon with my last post as you're hung up on the 'thinned out crowds' bit. I spent "10 min" on that post because I too believe that this is a discussion forum and I wanted to share my views on the current state of the franchise. I don't see those 10 min as wasted, I see it as time well spent - providing feedback so that I can enjoy the franchise again. This is a feedback thread afterall.

I'm glad you're happy with Syndicate...unfortunately, its not good enough for me. So I will be vocal about my dislike.

Lol upset me? I do not even know you personally, what is there to be upset about?
Yes you have a opinion, but what you stated was clearly away from facts and were like baseless. Let me re-quote you

Have you ever played black flag? That itself debunks your very statement, there has been no change since brotherhood. And conquering a part of rome district by disctrict was there in brotherhood, and It is back after 4 games, which to me is fair enough and this one is also more elaborate.

Can you even interact with the police aside from rearranging their teeth with a knuckleduster?

In Syndicate you work with a cop, and take up bounty hunting missions for him.

And yea Trains, and carriages have been in game since AC1. You could seamlessly navigate interiors since AC1. Your very notion that the series hasn't evolved is wrong, You must have said it did not evolve because "i do not like it " then that was your "opinion" And I would respect that. One thing you are right about is AI, I cannot agree on anything else to be honest

There is scope for improvement. But to say there is not improvement at all, is not fair. according to me. They can improve many things AI , crowd interaction. Agreed.

And apologies, for being a bit stern in the previous response., I should have been more polite in my response.

I-Like-Pie45
10-20-2015, 08:16 AM
its thatc - i mean, camer - no i mean, victoria's london.

its actually more realistic that nobody cares when they see a dead body in the street, it's just life in the UK

EmptyCrustacean
10-20-2015, 08:21 AM
its thatc - i mean, camer - no i mean, victoria's london.

its actually more realistic that nobody cares when they see a dead body in the street, it's just life in the UK

It's just like life in London, more like - where people really would just walk by if they saw a dead body on the street.

shobhit7777777
10-21-2015, 07:53 AM
*snip*

Yeah...I think my post just broke the sound barrier over your head. You're getting caught up in the argumentative loop of "Fact checking"...which is the forum equivalent of a knife fight...and not actually comprehending what my post says

Allow me to elaborate with an example:

In Syndicate you work with a cop, and take up bounty hunting missions for him.

I'm not talking about a scripted character in cahoots with the twins....I'm talking about a SYSTEM...a set of mechanics that allow for deeper interactions with a prominent AI faction....and not the typical "Do missions for Bob the Cop..and he gives ya X,Y and Z". I'm talking about things like the police behaving different according to player actions throughout the game, their behaviour being affected by the territory/district, being able to rat people out to the cops, bribing them - elements that would fit the premise and expand on the "Social Stealth" gameplay.

You're stuck on the triviality of pointing out the fact that the Frye twins have a Cop as a friend that offers them missions...yeah, IDGAF about that.

None of your game elements I consider as "evolution". At the cost of repeating myself - they are banal and insipid. This franchise is stagnant, archaic and boring. Its dumb.

misterB2001
10-21-2015, 08:31 AM
shobhit7777777....I wish Ubi would listen to you. You have nailed it.

I fear if I listed the things that I would want to change, there would be very little left. Most things need a complete overhaul. I really hate what AC has become.

cawatrooper9
10-21-2015, 03:23 PM

This has been a hot topic lately, and I have to agree with you.

One of the things that comes to mind when people talk about AI is Revelations. I remember articles last year comparing Rogue's variety of manipulative gadgets to Revelation's "social chemistry set". Revelations allowed Ezio to craft customized bombs, many of which are specifically designed to have a direct impact on the masses. That's also not even counting how citizens in Revelations actually reacted to violence, rather than acting so in-sensitized that they broke the fourth wall by basically announcing that they lived in a video game. Now, I don't think Rogue was as effective at this (possibly due to colonial America having smaller crowds), but it's a hell of a lot better than what we've seen in Unity and Syndicate.

shobhit7777777
10-21-2015, 06:35 PM
Most things need a complete overhaul. I really hate what AC has become.

Yup. I feel they are sitting on a gameplay goldmine, but are just not digging deep enough.

This has been a hot topic lately, and I have to agree with you.

One of the things that comes to mind when people talk about AI is Revelations. I remember articles last year comparing Rogue's variety of manipulative gadgets to Revelation's "social chemistry set". Revelations allowed Ezio to craft customized bombs, many of which are specifically designed to have a direct impact on the masses. That's also not even counting how citizens in Revelations actually reacted to violence, rather than acting so in-sensitized that they broke the fourth wall by basically announcing that they lived in a video game. Now, I don't think Rogue was as effective at this (possibly due to colonial America having smaller crowds), but it's a hell of a lot better than what we've seen in Unity and Syndicate.

Funny you mention ACR...I'm in the process of creating a thread about it...which basically talks about the above

I believe it was a Kotaku article that called ACR that - "Social chemistry set" - and I completely agreed with the author.

I recall being massively pissed when ACR came out and they announced that bomb crafting is a major feature...I wanted more traditional stealth options (Crouching, cover system etc.) because AC's idea of stealth had slowly become Splinter Cell lite.

However, I really enjoyed the playground ACR offered. In terms of an Assassin experience...of being a blade in the crowd, of using diversion, deception and terror tactics to achieve your goals...ACR is the most comprehensive AC game.

It wasn't just the bombs that added a lot to the gameplay. The NPC AI was - for the most part - robust and solid. The guard AI was pretty good and I noticed some really cool behaviour that I could manipulate...like them investigating the scene of the crime. The AI also wasn't to eagle eyed or touchy...and was just the right amount of "sensitive". Furthermore, the 2 faction system was IMO a fantastic addition that thankfully the series has not dropped.

From the design of the urban spaces to the layout of the Templar dens...ACR did damn near everything perfectly to offer excellent urban ninja gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3JADJvdjL4

Megas_Doux
10-24-2015, 04:04 PM
1 AI/Stealth/Combat Difficulty.
2 Story! Thing is that with annualization, poor writers run out of ideas,
3 The open world has always been the star of this franchise with its ups -AC IV- and down -Unity- but compÓring it with The Witcher 3 or GTA, it has to improve for it has an IMMENSE potential.......

Journey93
10-24-2015, 08:15 PM
It just needs a few years off

shobhit7777777
10-25-2015, 05:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHFCDK6FCs

Mirrors many of my thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHFS2S62oMQ

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d8/6c/d8/d86cd857ba25cfb7576f66e5f26b8844.jpg

SeverableMoss8
10-25-2015, 11:24 AM
- More detailed npc models body and facial textures and so on
- Improved enemy AI being difficault to beat down and make you planning carefully your assasinations
- More complicated and challenging combat system
- More violence, blood and gore
- Not repetitive and mundane objectives

crusader_prophet
10-25-2015, 08:36 PM
1. AI
1. Combat difficulty and diversity
1. Story/Narrative
1. RPG elements
1. Coherent and meaningful side quests
1. Mission diversity and avoid repetitiveness
1. No pointless collectibles (at least not that many)

P.S.The '1's were intentional indicating they all need work and in the same level of priority. This is not an indie game, it's a juggernaut AAA franchise with gazillions of dollars and "passionate" developers.

crusader_prophet
10-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Story (especially modern day) and NPC AI.
Unity improved on a lot of aspects IMO, regardless of how most people view it. Blackbox assassinations could be developed further but Unity had a good start. Stealth was good, customization was fantastic, side quests up the wazoo (though I'd prefer quality over quantity) and the world was fine. Combat still needs work, but Unity was a step in the right direction there too IMO.

Agreed. I think Unity was a step in the right direction with its approach to missions but definitely needs refining.

AI, story implementation, and combat difficulty and diversity needs more work. To me side missions were great in Unity but really would have liked them to be linked to the overall narrative of the game with some kind of connection or impact to the main sequences (for example, i can think of Mass Effect 2).

crusader_prophet
10-25-2015, 10:13 PM
We need more votes on this thread folks! Spread the word please :)

Alphacos007
10-25-2015, 10:24 PM
I feel like we need more lore, many of the missions, even though fun, are just fillers. I want more story development and less fillers.
And most definitely, the AI. The AI in all AC games are REALLY dumb. I mean, even the important NPCs are dumb. I was doing a mission today where a NPC asked me to kill someone, so I killed that someone. Because of that, the NPC's AI entered the scared mode, and started running from me, making me fail for beeing too far from my ally. And that's not even near the worst thing I've seen.

ProdiGurl
10-25-2015, 10:50 PM
This is another one I'm waiting to do the poll on until I get further into the game - so far I'm a little surprised that I can kill targets & people standing around barely notice or don't care.
I normally wouldn't care much except I have to admit that this level of it makes the game feel less serious & like there's less need for stealth since so far it doesn't affect your mission any.