PDA

View Full Version : Notoriety!!!

Cloud87Strife
10-11-2015, 02:22 AM
The only thing I want from an assassin's creed game is this. . . . . . . NOTORIETY SYSTEM!!! It is so much fun BEING chased after and having the enemy remember you. To me, a Notoriety System is a 4th CORE PILLAR of the franchise, because it gave A REASON to stay blended (which is supposed to be a big part of the game). It has been a part of it since Jade Raymond was there. I guess when she left she took it with her. It obviously ain't in AC Syndicate, but if it ain't in the next one (next year), Ubisoft will lose me in the AC Franchise.

PS. Whats the point in having a blending system? So the enemy doesn't see you? why not just go to the roof wait 20 seconds then come down, or a hiding spot. (They don't look in hiding spots no more like they did in previous AC games.):rolleyes:

booty_fiend
10-11-2015, 02:34 AM
the notoriety system was one of the reasons why the ezio trilogy and ac3 were the worst parts of the series for me. it's unrealistic, ridiculous and sickening to the core, in my opinion.

the best game in the series thus far (black flag) didn't 't have it (wanted level at sea is not the same thing); it's probably best if ubisoft continues with that trend.

Assassin_M
10-11-2015, 02:57 AM
You're pretty much notorious all the time now, anyways. Not by the Police, but by enemy factions like the Blighters in Syndicate and Extremists in Unity. Just seeing you pretty much raises their suspicion level, hang about for too long and they'll attack.

LieutenantRex
10-11-2015, 05:12 AM
I enjoyed the notoriety concept in the Ezio trilogy. I just wish it had been more thorough. The system was too simple and too easy.

Aphex_Tim
10-11-2015, 06:56 AM
the notoriety system was one of the reasons why the ezio trilogy and ac3 were the worst parts of the series for me. it's unrealistic, ridiculous and sickening to the core, in my opinion.

"Hmm, that guy looks suspicious... Oh wait, he just tore down a poster with his face on it. He's okay!"

Assassin_M
10-11-2015, 07:04 AM
"Hmm, that guy looks suspicious... Oh wait, he just tore down a poster with his face on it. He's okay!"
Didn't taking the posters down in front of the guards actually draw their attention to you and you were no longer incognito? :p

Alphacos007
10-11-2015, 08:05 AM
Nope, coincidently I was replaying AC2 a few hours ago I did just that. The guard was suspecting me, and I removed a poster right on his face, and he went away.

VestigialLlama4
10-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Didn't taking the posters down in front of the guards actually draw their attention to you and you were no longer incognito? :p

Yeah, that happened all the time to me.

RobertMcSassin
10-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Every time I did it near guards I hadn't spotted, they damned well noticed me and gave it some with the shouting and whatever...

In AC3 there were even supposed to be posters in the Frontier, weren't there?...I never found one...

(They don't look in hiding spots no more like they did in previous AC games.)

They do in Rogue...There's plenty o'poke-age in the haystack...If you know what I mean...*Nudge-Nudge*...

MT4K
10-11-2015, 12:12 PM
It always bugged me how i would sometimes push a guard off a roof to land in front of a patrol. They would get alerted for like 5 seconds and then say "bah screw it. Jerry always does this crap" and walk off. Either they have serious issues of guards imitating lemmings and it's considered a regular occurrence or they need to be a bit more cautious about Jerry suddenly landing in front of them from above. Among other situations.

Guards in general have always been kind of dumb in AC games and it does need quite a bit of improvement imo.

Also i'd like to apologise to Jerry's family. He died valiantly serving the people. R.I.P

Locopells
10-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Every time I did it near guards I hadn't spotted, they damned well noticed me and gave it some with the shouting and whatever...

In AC3 there were even supposed to be posters in the Frontier, weren't there?...I never found one...

Me too. And no, I don't think there was, for obvious reasons. Connor was always stuck at a low level of notoriety.

m4r-k7
10-11-2015, 03:37 PM
I don't really like the notoriety system, but I loved it in AC 1 when enemies would actually chase you on rooftops for quite a long period of time, it made for awesome chases.

SixKeys
10-11-2015, 07:29 PM
I just miss social stealth, period. Notoriety was part of it, but the system stayed stale all the way from AC2 to AC3, after which they abandoned the idea altogether. I was watching some footage from ACR the other day and I miss all those NPC reactions when you shove someone or climb up a wall. It made you feel like this was a real city with real people. Now nobody gives a crap no matter what you do. You might as well be playing Fallout.

Jessigirl2013
10-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Its a feature I didn't mind had been scrapped and didn't really notice it at first in AC4 :rolleyes:.

I understand why they scrapped it for AC4 it wouldn't of fit the game.

Guards in Unity were good.
Well.... when they actually functioned properly and didn't see through walls.....

I-Like-Pie45
10-11-2015, 09:12 PM
I just miss social stealth, period. Notoriety was part of it, but the system stayed stale all the way from AC2 to AC3, after which they abandoned the idea altogether. I was watching some footage from ACR the other day and I miss all those NPC reactions when you shove someone or climb up a wall. It made you feel like this was a real city with real people. Now nobody gives a crap no matter what you do. You might as well be playing Fallout.

I don't think you've ever played Fallout New Vegas

BananaBlighter
10-11-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't really like the notoriety system, but I loved it in AC 1 when enemies would actually chase you on rooftops for quite a long period of time, it made for awesome chases.

Apparently they do chase you like that in Syndicate, though with that rope launcher, they can't hope to compete.

m4r-k7
10-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Apparently they do chase you like that in Syndicate, though with that rope launcher, they can't hope to compete.

Yea I heard that they can use ladders or something, but something tells me it will be similar to Unity in that they only chase you for like 5 seconds and then they go back to being normal. In AC 1 I remember rooftop chases lasting for a while :)

Assassin_M
10-11-2015, 10:25 PM
There are shafts on buildings where enemies pop up from.

Cloud87Strife
10-12-2015, 12:14 AM
How about this then. . . . . A customizable item that has notoriety when you wear it (Like the Auditore Cape in Assassin's Creed II), or even a cheat code (like in Assassin's Creed Rogue). To me it is a difficulty setting by choice of player. And if I can have at least one of THESE two ways, I'll be an even MORE happy AC gamers

Cloud87Strife
10-12-2015, 12:17 AM
I LOVE THE PARKOUR CHASES!!! Too bad it's a past thing though. Hopefully in the future they'll bring it back.