PDA

View Full Version : AC: Rogue - Hunter Ship Combos

RobertMcSassin
10-10-2015, 09:43 PM
Well hello there...*Waves*...

Ooooh!...Inadvertant funny there...Well...-ish...

Aaaamywho...

I spent a wee while this afto chasing Wanted Level The-Toppe, so that I could have some of them top level Man-'o'-War for the Naval Campaign(tm) thing...'Cause as we all learnt from Black Flag, the Hunters have the best, biggest and fastest of all the ship classes...Yes...Yes they do...So the best way to get the best ships is to be Wanted and let them come to you so that you may relieve them of said shippies...Also yes...

My question is this...

Where's the Frigate in Rogue?...

I got, in order...

Brig...

Brig/Schooner...

Brig/Brig...

and then several waves (aaaand there it is again!) of Brig/Man-'o'-War...

Now granted, taking down the bigster-one does bring the wanted level down a bit, especially if the game just randomly decides to reset it for you...But there's a definite lack 'o' Frigate-ing around somewhere...

Should I just keep the level up and, now that I have plenty 'o' Mans for the Campaign, just keep destroying them in order to encourage the Frigates out of hiding or what?...

If there's none, fair enough...I just thought I'd enquire of thems that may know...

Properly enjoying Rogue though...Far more than I have many of the others...Excellent game!... :D ...

Cheers!!...

Also, I finished taking out all of the Gang HQs this morning, but a minute earlier the game lost connection to the Uplay server and I didn't gets me points for it...Is it likely to realise this and give me them retrospectively?...The Uplay site hasn't updated with any award for it...But I dones it precious!...I dones iiiiittt!!...

I'm sad now...Well, only a little bit...It was tremendous fun!... :D ...

RobertMcSassin
10-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Still wondering where the Frigate, Hunter Version(tm) is...but I found - because you care, of course - that the Royal Convoy Frigate is the one I was after, size-wise...Even if it's not over-fast...so I'm all over the many different sizes that I like to hoard for my fleets...*Sigh*...Ah, bless the OCD... :D ...

Just got to do more story now, just to get the next lot of locations unlocked...Hi-ho, hi-ho...etc...

Still narked about the points though...Grrrrr...Still, got me pistols from it...5 stun!...Y'sssss!!...

Locopells
10-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Not sure about the frigate thing, but if you 100% the game, you'll unlock a cheat which allows you to keep you Wanted level at the highest, making ship hunting easier...

RobertMcSassin
10-11-2015, 05:55 PM
HAH!!!... :D ...

I think the closest I've ever got to 100% is the first time on AC4 (this next try has failed spectacularly, due to bugs on the PS4...*Sigh*...) which got me to the mid-nineties-percent and the last ACIII playthrough, in which I actually finished all the side activities (and the Encyclopaedia of the Common Man!!!...Booyah!!...) which meant that given that I ignore most of the Optional Objectives - unless it happens to coincide with what I'm doing anyways - I actually got to much 90%...

Chasing 100% is not something I've ever done...Or ever likely to do...I'm just not that good... :D ...Or bothered...

Cheers though...

Anykeyer
10-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Hunters dont have best ships anymore.
Best frigates are in the "hard" area of north atlantic.
The only lv 60 galleon is guarding Anticosti. It respawns every time you fast travel, through. Just dont travel directly to it, ships wont appear, travel to the nearest island.

RobertMcSassin
10-13-2015, 06:04 AM
Well, I've done this twice and all I'm getting is a level 23 Frigate and a Brig under the Assassin Gang colours...

Cheers though, I'll keep trying..

Is there a Naval mission you need its size for, btw?...Or is it just so you can take one on and call it a trophy?... :D ...

RobertMcSassin
10-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Got two now... :D ...Seems to be unlocked after Mission 1 of Sequence 5...

Cheers again... :) ...

HyperZurre
04-10-2019, 01:38 AM
Not sure about the frigate thing, but if you 100% the game, you'll unlock a cheat which allows you to keep you Wanted level at the highest, making ship hunting easier...

But when you use a cheat, the game does not save after you turn it off or you exit the game.

Hi, I hope you are doing fine. BTW, I hope you are collecting LVL 25 Brigs and LVL 29 frigates because those are the best brigs and frigates. (LVL 38 frigates have the same stats as a LVL 29 one)