PDA

View Full Version : And he who was once vanguished shall rise again...

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Three months ago, my unfaithful b!tch of a computer went kablooie on me. For three long, unbearable months I have been scraping out a pathetic virtual existance on a close-to-useless K6-2 450, and however fun it has been to revisit old favs like Dungeon Keeper and Syndicate Wars, I have worked diligently to gather enough Capitalist Freedom (Money, that is) to acquire a new computer.
In two weeks, I will finally have reached my goal.
My mind is set on a 2.8 P4 with a Gig of RAM and 120 Gigs of HD. But to get to the point; Nvidia or ATI?
I've been an "Nvidiot" since the GeForce2's came out, and I really like their Unified Driver Architecture drivers. But I also keep hearing that the newest ATI cards are a better choice for high-end perfomance. I'd just like to hear what you guys here think; the benchmark game of course being IL2 and FB.
IL2 I already have, and I'll probably have enough cash left over to get FB as well, and I have a feeling that a system that can run IL2/FB satisfactory will have no sweat with other games at all.

Anyway; appreciate any input, and hope to meet you in the virtual skies soon...
S

--------------------------

"I don't know what weapons World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
-A. Einstein
"And any leftover assault weapons" -Fallout Fan

"The PL was a great place, full of interesting folks. It was fun to fly online with poeple you knew from the Lounge. We need an off topic place. A community can't talk only about the sim we play. This is truly a sad day." -Tate Bruce

"What? Nowhere to scream "yank!" anymore?" -Me

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Three months ago, my unfaithful b!tch of a computer went kablooie on me. For three long, unbearable months I have been scraping out a pathetic virtual existance on a close-to-useless K6-2 450, and however fun it has been to revisit old favs like Dungeon Keeper and Syndicate Wars, I have worked diligently to gather enough Capitalist Freedom (Money, that is) to acquire a new computer.
In two weeks, I will finally have reached my goal.
My mind is set on a 2.8 P4 with a Gig of RAM and 120 Gigs of HD. But to get to the point; Nvidia or ATI?
I've been an "Nvidiot" since the GeForce2's came out, and I really like their Unified Driver Architecture drivers. But I also keep hearing that the newest ATI cards are a better choice for high-end perfomance. I'd just like to hear what you guys here think; the benchmark game of course being IL2 and FB.
IL2 I already have, and I'll probably have enough cash left over to get FB as well, and I have a feeling that a system that can run IL2/FB satisfactory will have no sweat with other games at all.

Anyway; appreciate any input, and hope to meet you in the virtual skies soon...
S

--------------------------

"I don't know what weapons World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
-A. Einstein
"And any leftover assault weapons" -Fallout Fan

"The PL was a great place, full of interesting folks. It was fun to fly online with poeple you knew from the Lounge. We need an off topic place. A community can't talk only about the sim we play. This is truly a sad day." -Tate Bruce

"What? Nowhere to scream "yank!" anymore?" -Me