PDA

View Full Version : As a girl player myself,someone dont know why I like Ghost Recon

Doclienski
10-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Actually I like ghost recon since i was 12.First play it on my cousin's PC.

And cuz I also like guns so this game really make me crazy that time lol.

then I start to play other tom clancy games like rainbowsix hawx etc.

But most of my friends would think I'm wired as a girl to play these lol

MT4K
10-11-2015, 09:20 AM
good for you. People are free to enjoy whatever they want. Never understood why people would find it weird others would like certain things. Who cares right? It's not as if you liking ghost recon really affects anything in their lives. So go nuts i say and enjoy whatever games you want and don't let anybody say otherwise!!

Doclienski
10-11-2015, 10:52 AM
good for you. People are free to enjoy whatever they want. Never understood why people would find it weird others would like certain things. Who cares right? It's not as if you liking ghost recon really affects anything in their lives. So go nuts i say and enjoy whatever games you want and don't let anybody say otherwise!!

Yeah that's waht i'm doing,and I hope we can play this new one soon lol

c-swain
10-11-2015, 07:20 PM
My response to anyone that says "Girls can't like guns.."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/47/2e/88/472e882118b3361d3b848ff7cde150ef.jpg

BoredPanda.com - article (http://www.boredpanda.com/us-army-veterans-train-africa-rangers-vetpaws-kinessa-johnson/)

She a Veteran of the Afghan war who now devotes her time to conservation and training Rangers in Africa.

Doclienski
10-12-2015, 07:51 AM
My response to anyone that says "Girls can't like guns.."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/47/2e/88/472e882118b3361d3b848ff7cde150ef.jpg

BoredPanda.com - article (http://www.boredpanda.com/us-army-veterans-train-africa-rangers-vetpaws-kinessa-johnson/)

She a Veteran of the Afghan war who now devotes her time to conservation and training Rangers in Africa.

Nice pic lol,I'm now playing MGSTPP and I like it cuz i can use female soldiers in it.

UbiKeeba
10-12-2015, 03:07 PM
I'm a girl and have been into shooters for years. The gaming clan I'm in, which is the largest all female gaming clan in the world, was founded on Halo and Rainbow Six. There are more of us that love shooters than you may know. Never let anyone get you down. <3 <3 <3 <3

Doclienski
10-13-2015, 09:16 AM
I'm a girl and have been into shooters for years. The gaming clan I'm in, which is the largest all female gaming clan in the world, was founded on Halo and Rainbow Six. There are more of us that love shooters than you may know. Never let anyone get you down. <3 <3 <3 <3

Cool,that's what I think too.

And BTW what is your clan?I'm a bit curious lol

MT4K
10-13-2015, 10:04 AM
A quick Google Search says the largest girl clan is PMS, But alll the posts seem to be a few years old so who knows if that's still true (Although it probably is).

PMS = Pandoras Mighty Soldiers - http://www.pmsclan.com/

Whether that's Keeba's clan or not? Only she can answer that :p. If it's not? then it's another option for you to look at anyway if you are looking for a girl only clan i suppose.

The other major girl "clan" i can think of off the top of my head (There may be more prominent ones i just don't know as i don't pay huge attention to clan stuff these days) right now anyway is the frag dolls, But i personally don't really consider them a proper clan and more of a marketing group since the last time i knew much about them they was pretty much used by Ubisoft to help promote games (Not to say they wasn't a proper clan though, just my own opinion really as they still did clan related things after all). They certainly aren't that big either unless that's changed the last few years. They had some nice friendly members though as i used to talk to a few :p.

In reality though there's probably quite a few smaller girl only clans around. Just do a google search for girl only clans and you will likely come across a good number of them. If you are looking to join one. I wish you luck in finding one that suits you :D.

This was my somewhat pathetic attempt to be helpful and guess Keeba's clan (True motive *hides*) ;)

ITK5
10-13-2015, 02:28 PM
i'm a girl and have been into shooters for years. The gaming clan i'm in, which is the largest all female gaming clan in the world, was founded on halo and rainbow six. There are more of us that love shooters than you may know. Never let anyone get you down. <3 <3 <3 <3

word!

c-swain
10-13-2015, 05:58 PM
A quick Google Search says the largest girl clan is PMS, But alll the posts seem to be a few years old so who knows if that's still true (Although it probably is).

PMS = Pandoras Mighty Soldiers - http://www.pmsclan.com/

Whether that's Keeba's clan or not? Only she can answer that :p.

That is indeed her Clan!

Doclienski
10-14-2015, 09:06 AM
wow,thanks guys

MT4K
10-14-2015, 10:34 AM
My wife is a gamer, has been for many years.. she also plays airsoft with me and my team... she is the best rear guard we have..

my wife dislikes other girl gamers for the most part as they try too hard to be 'look at me, im a girl' I mean.. you started your topic stating your gender...as if it matters.

My wife plays male characters, female.. she doesnt whine when a game doesnt have a female archetype..

First of all. Good post and i wanted to reply to it. I hope you don't mind considering it wasn't really directed towards me.

Well i think some girls are just a bit more insecure about it and don't always do it for the attention. Of course there are those who do like the attention but i like to give the benefit of the doubt for the most part and offer a bit of positive outlook to try to make them feel better about themselves. It is probably harder to deal with and get any kind of recognition from certain countries where women in general are not treated as equally as men and likely get looked down upon more often which can probably cause them to have to reassure themselves from time to time.

Not making judgements towards the OP and just speaking in general about potential girls/women who do have to probably deal with such things. I find it's better to look at it in a positive way than a negative one when i don't really know enough about the person's circumstances/reasons for such. Until she starts spamming it around i'm going to look at the mentions of it as harmless.

Of course if afterwards she makes like 10 posts and each one tries to draw attention to it. Then i'd just say "you're a girl? So what? No it doesn't gain you any special treatment or make your points more valid. You shouldn't care about what others think enough to reiterate your gender all the time".

In regards to female characters. Well i won't say it matters to me much in games, but i do like playing female characters myself and some of my favourite characters are female ones from RPG games. Would like to see them represented more often in military games, especially realistic ones. Girls are part of the world's military more and more these days and it's only realistic to portray that after all. Especially ones that take place in the near/distant future where it'll likely be even more so. Not to mention that if a person likes to imagine themselves in the role of there character for immersion sake. Suddenly hearing your character's gruff voice could probably ruin that a bit for female gamers lol.

a prime example would be girl airsofters.. some just cam up and get stuck in, when my wife is fully kitted up, until you heard her voice, you would barely know she's a female. assault vest, fast helmet, eyepro, lower face mask.. stacked with m4 mags, and bang grenades... then there is other girl airsofters who come to the site in camo yes. then wear bright pink fast helmets. bright pink shemaghs..

It's these girl gamers that give proper ones a bad name.

Your wife sounds awesome btw and give her my regards for sure. She sounds cool. I also agree 100% that those types are clearly trying to draw attention to themselves simply for the fact "they are girls" and has nothing to do with gaming itself or even really airsofting. Pure attention for attention grabbing sake.

Or it could be some kind of strange tactic to try and make the enemy hesitate to shoot a potentially pretty girl. In which case they deserve to be shot themselves for ignoring the enemy lol flirt after you shot them dammit :p.

EDIT: I'm not having a go at you, just sharing my experiences over the last 15 years :P you know, the kind who if you go 'hey dude' feel the NEED to go 'I'm not a dude, im a girl!' rather then just go.. 'hey'

Bah those types are quite pretentious. Which is why i love all the female friends i have. I can mess around and joke with them and i'm 100% sure they wouldn't care at all if i suddenly said "hey dude/hey man" as a greeting between friends. Though i don't do that, More because it's just not the way i personally speak very often. But it's great to feel like i could if i so wanted.

I can't really reply to the rest because i don't know the girl from the photo or anything about that. There certainly are real woman soldiers these days though with full training so i suppose it could still be used as a a kind of representation of real ones when making the point about them existing.

Also, Go have some nice coffee. Everybody deserves a nice drink in the morning after all.

UbiKeeba
10-14-2015, 02:10 PM
I really don't like the direction this thread is going. No one should be judged as to whether they are a "real gamer" or not. I don't care what you wear, how you act, how good you are, female or male, or what gender character you enjoy playing. If you enjoy playing games, you are a gamer. Maybe there are females that pander and use games to exploit, but who is to judge which girl those are? I have many friends who on the outside might seem to someone as if they are one of those "fake gamer girls" and yet they truly play games all day and can wreck face with the best of them.

Anyway, point being, this forum is not to judge anyone. Let's keep it supportive or I will be forced to close and possibly remove the thread.

Also, I know that no one is personally attacking anyone on the forum, but it's the general blanket statements that I'm seeing that I'm not ok with.

MT4K
10-14-2015, 03:16 PM
I really don't like the direction this thread is going. No one should be judged as to whether they are a "real gamer" or not. I don't care what you wear, how you act, how good you are, female or male, or what gender character you enjoy playing. If you enjoy playing games, you are a gamer. Maybe there are females that pander and use games to exploit, but who is to judge which girl those are? I have many friends who on the outside might seem to someone as if they are one of those "fake gamer girls" and yet they truly play games all day and can wreck face with the best of them.

Anyway, point being, this forum is not to judge anyone. Let's keep it supportive or I will be forced to close and possibly remove the thread.

Also, I know that no one is personally attacking anyone on the forum, but it's the general blanket statements that I'm seeing that I'm not ok with.

Fair point. I apologise if anything i personally said came across in such a way as it certainly wasn't the intention. i was mostly just agreeing that those types do exist and they can be annoying and in a way disrespectful towards true gamers. Perhaps even after i tried to edit my post a few times i still failed to say properly what i meant. Oh well it happens. Certainly wasn't my intention to make actual judgements towards anybody though so again i apologise if anything i said came across as such. I was mostly trying to defend them in actuality. Not sure how that got turned around but i guess it did.

People make mistakes and i believe in owning up to them. If any girl gamers or gamers in general had taken offence to anything i said in this thread. i'd happily offer more apologies in pm or even publicly should they ask me to do so :).

Just know that i do respect gamers of any gender as a long time gamer myself for many years who has even had many girl gamer, other countries, other beliefs, ect friends. Gamers should stick together regardless for the betterment of the industry we all love.

UbiKeeba
10-14-2015, 03:35 PM
It wasn't so much that you had definitely said anything disrespectful, it's just that you did make comment that was borderline and that someone else could take and run with. I don't want to see this thread go down that road.

c-swain
10-14-2015, 06:22 PM
I really don't like the direction this thread is going..

http://i.giphy.com/KwjMpNIArpWWA.gif

Haa.. sorry :/

Doclienski
10-14-2015, 10:08 PM
I said I'm a girl at first only to let you know,if I wanna someone to pay attention to my gender I wont need to psot here.

In my country I born be a girl gamer is something most people think not be allowed in of culture so maybe you dont know it.And that's the reason why I let you know my gender first.

Doclienski
10-18-2015, 10:27 PM
I don't know if it's true or not as we never tested it, but quite a few of the really good players on GRAW, not just those who really were girls, would pick the female character to play as in multiplayer. Apparently slightly faster and slightly smaller so less target to hit when behind some cover.

Wildlands should definitely have female characters in multiplayer and help encourage everyone to enjoy better immersion in the game.

we have female in GRAW?

jeannaq
12-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Ghost Recon has been one of my favorite series since Ghost Recon 2.
Being from a ranch in Texas I never really experienced the whole "girls can't/shouldn't do this or play with that. I love guns, I love shooter games and I love fast cars. We can't really allow others to dictate what we all like. So I say if you like Ghost Recon, or CoD or any other shooter game power to you and enjoy!

strigoi1958
12-06-2015, 04:39 AM
I played co-op with a lot of female gamers in Unity and they are far more lethal assassins than most gung ho type guys :)

TheLoneliestOne
12-06-2015, 09:32 PM
I played co-op with a lot of female gamers in Unity and they are far more lethal assassins than most gung ho type guys :)

But Ghost Recon and Unity isnt the same.