PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia 358.50 driver broke AC Rogue: Ubisoft please fix this

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Update :

Nvidida replied back to me after instigating, for now

Hi Rohith,

We believe this is related to another bug we already fixed in the hotfix driver we released today. Can you try the 358.59 hotfix driver and let me know if that helps? You can download the new driver here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3798.

Best regards,
Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nvidia's 358.50 driver broke AC rogue

http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_10_2015/msg-21562-0-92190200-1444484792_thumb.jpg

http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_10_2015/msg-21562-0-10231000-1444484747_thumb.jpg

Everything flickers, everything is broke !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT41wgLpZQw

Mr_Shade
10-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Hi,

I would suggest rolling back to an older working driver.

Please contact our support team, however if it's driver related - best to roll back if possible - also worth contacting Nvidia support, since they might already be aware and have a fix in progress for the next driver update - since it's a hardware driver issue.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Hi,

I would suggest rolling back to an older working driver.

Please contact our support team, however if it's driver related - best to roll back if possible - also worth contacting Nvidia support, since they might already be aware and have a fix in progress for the next driver update - since it's a hardware driver issue.

yes, it is driver related, switching back to old driver fixes it, i contacted ubi support, dont know when will they read my ticket, i'm also contacting Nvidia, but what should i do if they respond back with saying contact ubisoft support ?

battossigames
10-10-2015, 03:26 PM
yes, it is driver related, switching back to old driver fixes it, i contacted ubi support, dont know when will they read my ticket, i'm also contacting Nvidia, but what should i do if they respond back with saying contact ubisoft support ?

I'm doing the same. I recently started playing again and this issue just popped up. 2 different 970's 2 different computers and with my 750 ti as well. It's the 358.50 nvidia driver. I also have a second video up with it showing the issue being fixed by reverting back to 355.98. So, it's the driver for 100% certainty.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-10-2015, 03:29 PM
I'm doing the same. I recently started playing again and this issue just popped up. 2 different 970's 2 different computers and with my 750 ti as well. It's the 358.50 nvidia driver. I also have a second video up with it showing the issue being fixed by reverting back to 355.98. So, it's the driver for 100% certainty.

thanks for the response, i'm in the middle of a live chat with nvidia, will let you know the developments.

Mr_Shade
10-10-2015, 03:50 PM

Normally, if something was working - and a driver damages performance or breaks something - they update the driver to compensate.

This can happen due to the sheer amount of games, they can't test everyone - however if a hardware driver breaks an otherwise working game - it's normally something the driver maker fixes.

battossigames
10-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Normally, if something was working - and a driver damages performance or breaks something - they update the driver to compensate.

This can happen due to the sheer amount of games, they can't test everyone - however if a hardware driver breaks an otherwise working game - it's normally something the driver maker fixes.

Others are having the same issue. It does affect 750ti. This is just driver 358.50 related. To install the older drivers to fix this issue temporarily go to: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Go down to Manual Driver Search and hit search with the proper system information. Find driver 355.98 and proceed to download that driver. Once downloaded just run the thing. It should uninstall the old graphics driver (the driver previously installed) and install 355.98 even if the driver you have is newer.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-10-2015, 04:31 PM

i can confirm that people with varying cards all have the same issue with the 358.50 driver, eithers ubisoft needs to fix this or nvidia drivers need to be fixed, either one helps.

YazX_
10-10-2015, 05:00 PM
i can confirm that people with varying cards all have the same issue with the 358.50 driver, eithers ubisoft needs to fix this or nvidia drivers need to be fixed, either one helps.

As Mr_Shade Said, this is Nvidia's responsibility to fix , they broke it then they have to fix it , i have the same issue and rolled back until they come up with a fix, just please make sure to report it to Nvidia.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-10-2015, 09:02 PM
As Mr_Shade Said, this is Nvidia's responsibility to fix , they broke it then they have to fix it , i have the same issue and rolled back until they come up with a fix, just please make sure to report it to Nvidia.

yes, i was in live chat with nvidia and have reported this. thanks for the response.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-13-2015, 06:03 AM
UPDATE :

Nvidia support :

The case was escalated to me. I've review the notes and have submitted a bug to have our development team to investigate. The fact that this did not occur with previous drivers does strongly suggest a possible driver bug. First step is to have our quality lab confirm the issue. Once we are able to replicate the issue we'll escalate the bug to development to debug and fix. I'll let you knwo if there are any major development. Thanks again for bring this to our attention.

JimSifu
10-13-2015, 08:09 PM
nvidia 358.50 here, the problem seems to come from activate Vsync (in game or nvidia panel), play in borderless window in graphics options and no vsync do the trick, but sttuter, with msi afterburner lock fps to 60 do the job better but not perfect, btw it's good for guys who don't want to uninstall recent drviers. :)

strigoi1958
10-14-2015, 04:32 AM
Thanks Rohith for the update... At least you know that when nvidia fix it in the next driver you helped a lot of people. Thanks for finding a possible solution JimSifu.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-14-2015, 05:46 AM
Update :

Nvidia

Thanks for the update. Our lab tested Assassin's Creed Rogue with GTX 780 Ti and 358.50 and don't see the problem. I'll have them check Assassin's Creed Unity as well. Can you help provide the details below?

1. In-game settings. If possible please take a screen capture of your in-game settings so we can match the same settings in our lab.
2. Any specific NVIDIA Control Panel settings? If using default please note.
3. Does this require any specific DLC versions of the game?
4. Can you go into the NVIDIA Control Panel > Help, and enable "Debug Mode" if the option is available? If your GPU is overclocked this option will restore the GPU to reference clocks to help rule out overclocking. Idea here is to try the game in Debug Mode with GPU clocks restored back to reference levels to see if that impact the issue.

Best regards,
Ray

so i replied

i have 4 friends with different cards all have the same problem with AC rouge, everything flickers and go to open sea and travel your boat at high speeds.and i know its not just me as pretty much everyone i ask about has reported they have the same problem since 358.80 driver

this is your own forum : https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/883048/official-windows-10-358-50-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-10-7-15-/?offset=360

Proof : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1288673-AC-Rogue-stuttering-in-predictable-circumstances-possible-driver-bug

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1293825-Assassin-s-Creed-Rogue-Graphic-Issues

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1254968-Unity-NVIDIA-driver-problem-(Helix-missions)

1. In-game settings. If possible please take a screen capture of your in-game settings so we can match the same settings in our lab.
A: Attached below

2. Any specific NVIDIA Control Panel settings? If using default please note.
A: i just installed fresh drivers and selected clean install option

3. Does this require any specific DLC versions of the game?
A: No, this happens everywhere and more so in the open seas when fast sailing

4. Can you go into the NVIDIA Control Panel > Help, and enable "Debug Mode" if the option is available? If your GPU is overclocked this option will restore the GPU to reference clocks to help rule out overclocking. Idea here is to try the game in Debug Mode with GPU clocks restored back to reference levels to see if that impact the issue.

A: i haven't overclocked anything and the and the game runs perfectly fine on old driver. Played the game in debug more, and the problem still exists.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-14-2015, 05:49 AM
Update :

Nvidia :

Hi Rohith,

Just wanted to update that the lab was able to replicate the failure after enabling V-Sync in the game. The bug has been escalated to our development team to investigate.

Best regards,
Ray

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-14-2015, 05:50 AM
Update :

Nvidia :

Hi Rohith,

We believe this is related to another bug we already fixed in the hotfix driver we released today. Can you try the 358.59 hotfix driver and let me know if that helps? You can download the new driver here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3798.

Best regards,
Ray

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
10-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately 358.59 hotfix doesn't seem to fix anything, for now, turn of V-sync it will only partially fix it for 5-10 mins.

strigoi1958
10-14-2015, 03:10 PM
At least you got them to try a hotfix straight away..:D and as long as you are keeping them informed they will continue until it works again. Please keep the updates coming, this shows what one person can achieve by pushing nvidia to fix it.

Primajin
11-08-2015, 11:42 PM
I had the same issues with 358.50 - not only with the fast travel, but with everything in the game, that isnt "background". Downgrading back to 355.98 fixed it, as suggested.

Now I see that there is 358.87 - has anyone tried it with those?
I'm pretty sure there will be a new major release, as soon as Fallout 4 will be released.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-09-2015, 06:40 AM
I had the same issues with 358.50 - not only with the fast travel, but with everything in the game, that isnt "background". Downgrading back to 355.98 fixed it, as suggested.

Now I see that there is 358.87 - has anyone tried it with those?
I'm pretty sure there will be a new major release, as soon as Fallout 4 will be released.

they fixed AC rouge, but ACU's helix missions are still bugged, suggest going to .355.82

https://i.gyazo.com/9126e1c88e1a178a686911cf28b51392.gif

Going4Quests
11-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Yea the helix rifts are still major glitched in Unity. If only Nvidia could stop messing up AC games. :(

strigoi1958
11-09-2015, 01:45 PM
the trouble is they have 1 driver to work with lots of different cards and they keep tweaking it to work with new games.... as they do that, the things they alter for new games often causes problems with older games.... if nobody complains to them, they assume all is ok or nobody is playing the older affected games :(

I started on an Amiga and drivers or libs were just dropped into the game folder..... so it was like having multiple drivers. if 1 game worked with 1 lib and another game didn't... I simply dropped a different lib in the folder. Life would have been so much different if we had ended up with Amigados instead of MSDos

Kaynos2005
11-11-2015, 03:42 PM
nm

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-14-2015, 09:14 AM
UPDATE : Was fixed in 358.87 Update, although ACU Helix mission bugs still persists.