PDA

View Full Version : Speed in 1.04b

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 08:43 PM
I am a newbie to this flight sim not a newbit to flight sims in particular..... I started out the game find just straight out of the box. I could keep up with my wing man and so forth.... I installed the 1.04b and now I have troubles I can't for the life of me keep up with my wing men. They just boot. They seem to gather some unknown pwr..... And its not wep.. I hit autopilot to see what happens..... They some how get boot there rpm really high and not overheat the engine at the same time.... This is frustrating as they do everything before I can get there.... Please help

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 08:43 PM
I am a newbie to this flight sim not a newbit to flight sims in particular..... I started out the game find just straight out of the box. I could keep up with my wing man and so forth.... I installed the 1.04b and now I have troubles I can't for the life of me keep up with my wing men. They just boot. They seem to gather some unknown pwr..... And its not wep.. I hit autopilot to see what happens..... They some how get boot there rpm really high and not overheat the engine at the same time.... This is frustrating as they do everything before I can get there.... Please help

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Un-install the game, delete the IL2 Sturmovik folder from your hard drive.

Install the game again and then apply only 2 patches in this order:

1.1a

PS: Only if you want to edit the speach files you can install 1.2ov after the 1,2 patch.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 08:58 PM
Don't mind doing that one thing though will the Airport visability be increased with up patch 1.02..... Its not Game speed that is lowered as well its the plane speed the AI are better pilots they are doing some pilot trick that I am not aware of

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 08:59 PM
patching the game isn't going to help - in the SP you can't (at least I can't) keep up with the rest of the wing.

They simply fly faster, climb better and get WAY ahead of you no matter what.

I've had the same trouble. Check SIMHQ - I think it's just the game. I do as good as I can but it does mess up the SP game.

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 09:05 PM
what or where is SIMHQ i'll check it out... The only bummer is that it was find straight out of the box but I Maddox dicided it is better if the wing boots away from you..

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 08:55 AM
You need to trim your aircraft for level flight. Press & hold CTRL while tapping the UP arrow to trim the aircraft nose down,you should be able to fly quite fast at 60% throttle once the aircraft is trimmed correctly.