PDA

View Full Version : Dearest Ubisoft, the outfits situation needs a review!

Sorrosyss
10-09-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm not one to make negative topics ordinarily, but I felt something needs to be said.

Legacy outfits have traditionally been rewards for either unlocking in-game, or for loyalty from completing other games in the series. When Unity released there was a lot of complaints about Altair's outfit being placed behind the companion app. The situation with Syndicate is getting even more out of hand, and we have extra outfits all over the place. I'm finding myself getting completely lost keeping track of it all.

Some examples:

- The Join the Family promotion. Last I heard it had Edward, and a few exclusive outfits for Jacob and Evie. Only problem is its for the US only. Great, nothing for me here in the UK.

- Then we have the Season Pass, which has two outfits. Both of which I understand will come post launch, most likely after a lot of people have finished the game. Not very helpful.

- We have the Baker Street outfits. Only available in the Gold Edition digital downloads. So as someone who wants to have a physical version , I evidently lose out here too. Can I buy the outfits separately? Who knows!

- Now we have riddles hidden in this Victorian search engine, that supposedly unlocks an Elise outfit and probably even more. We have to spend time either working them out, or exposing oneself to potential spoilers looking at the forums for solutions.

So in short, why has it suddenly got so convoluted in obtaining what should only be fun in-game outfits? I'm sure many think I am overreacting, but when you are trying to avoid spoilers the last thing you want to be doing is scouring forums for solutions, especially when I also see people unable to redeem codes - again supposedly due to regional restrictions.

I see some people saying "Don't worry, it will all be unlocked in the game eventually." OK, fine, but when? A few months down the line? Thats pretty useless if so. We literally have no information, no centralised guide on where to find all these unlocks, or what their exclusivity truly is. I'm an ardent fan, and if I'm struggling good luck to a casual fan working things out.

I just don't understand the need to make consumers jump through so many hoops, for something that supposedly will be in the game anyway, is put behind regional and other restrictions, and all for a couple of outfits that have previously - just plain been in the game. In short, I'm finding this whole situation a bit frustrating.

cawatrooper9
10-09-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm just so sick of promotional exclusive content. It makes no game feel complete at this point.

strigoi1958
10-09-2015, 11:07 PM
I think how Unity did it, was good... I liked the customisation of uniforms and whenever I saw (the very rare) Altair outfit I knew someone had worked to get it....I was so close.... and I did buy the dlc with a uniform. I think if there is a personal preference for a limited edition then the other outfits should be available ... even if they are just a few dollars as a DLC. (in time for the 2nd play through)

VitoAuditore
10-09-2015, 11:15 PM
I do think that it's fun to have to work for certain outfits, but I think it's better to assign those missions/collect whatever to other outfits and not the legacy ones. I loved the system which gave you the outfits of the games you've played. I also agree that all that promotional stuff should just be ingame instead of the crap they're pulling right now.

kosmoscreed
10-10-2015, 04:34 AM
I think you can get the Aveline/Edward outfit very easy if you live in Europe.

https://assassinscreed-riddles.ubi.com/?lang=en-GB

4EA3-E2R4-967D

only ps4

I-Like-Pie45
10-10-2015, 04:37 AM
i dont' see why you're so upset you can't get some outfits

this game is called assassins creed not barbie dress-up time

LovePSN
10-10-2015, 05:03 AM
I'm so sick and tired of having to unlock the legacy outfits. They are supposed to be rewards for fans' loyalty to the franchise. If I've played the damn game, I should get the outfit in that game!

LovePSN
10-10-2015, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the code man. It obviously worked. But I didn't receive any confirmation email. Somehow Ubisoft will always find a way to **** things up. And obviously they love creating confusions for their loyal fans.

Senningiri_GR
10-10-2015, 07:45 AM
I think you can get the Aveline/Edward outfit very easy if you live in Europe.

https://assassinscreed-riddles.ubi.com/?lang=en-GB

4EA3-E2R4-967D

only ps4

Well I live in Europe and it didn't work at all
Also why ps4 only? I solved the riddles for a reason

Jessigirl2013
10-10-2015, 11:59 AM

Its just tacky and pointless.
And a tactic they use just to get sales up.

Some people like to 100% the games, no problem in that..

Sorrosyss
10-10-2015, 12:56 PM

Please, you're telling me you did every game in just the default outfit? :p

Besides this time I get a Ken AND a Barbie to dress up... *huff*

Well I live in Europe and it didn't work at all
Also why ps4 only? I solved the riddles for a reason

So, we can add platform to the list of restrictions too. Yet further proving my points.

Alphacos007
10-10-2015, 04:55 PM
I couldn't agree more. I'm getting all the outfits because I wasted my time (and money) doing the stuff necessary to get them as I really want to 100% the game, but this is ridiculous. You would think they had learned from Unity...

SixKeys
10-10-2015, 04:55 PM

Excuse you, dress-up time is the best part of these games.

strigoi1958
10-10-2015, 05:25 PM
I thnk the XIXth century search engine was brilliant... a free bit of fun put together for us... some of the links are quite funny :D plus it is an extra that they are giving us (The riddles prize)... the extra outfits and weapons, I'd rather have the opportunity to have them than to not have them at all. I don't think of them as part of the game and are a gift for anyone who wants them .... If different outfits come with different Editions I suppose they would help make the editions more personal... but it would be nice to be able to unlock all weapons and outfits within a set time.

BananaBlighter
10-10-2015, 05:33 PM
I thnk the XIXth century search engine was brilliant... a free bit of fun put together for us... some of the links are quite funny :D plus it is an extra that they are giving us (The riddles prize)... the extra outfits and weapons, I'd rather have the opportunity to have them than to not have them at all. I don't think of them as part of the game and are a gift for anyone who wants them .... If different outfits come with different Editions I suppose they would help make the editions more personal... but it would be nice to be able to unlock all weapons and outfits within a set time.

I think the search engine is great too, if it worked for me...I'm not receiving any email when I input the code. The thing is, legacy outfits have always been a thing fan acn be rewarded for simply playing the game. Now they're locking even stuff like Ezio's outfit for only the US, which is really sad. I wouldn't be so upset if these were just extra outfits, not legacy outfits.The Elise and Edward outfit reward is also only for PS4 which is lucky for me but unfair for many other players. :(

strigoi1958
10-10-2015, 05:43 PM
I put the code in then logged in to uplay (the button at the bottom) to get the acknowledgement, where I went wrong before... I entered the code and pressed the button above (Come Hither) and it only opened up a web page... I enjoyed the riddles and I'm not overly concerned if I get the outfits and weapons because it was fun but I'll check to see if I get an email later.

Just checked and the email arrived. If you have any problem and play on PC (and the code is not locked to my account...) you are welcome to it, I like the look of the outfits and weapons but even without them I will still enjoy Syndicate :D.

The AC search engine was a nice freebie and the riddle and prize was a gift on top of a gift. So I don't mind sharing.