PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the "last known position" feature?

MaceoniK
10-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Just wanted to know peoples opinions regarding the 'last known position' feature that was introduced in Unity, personally I don't like it.

Before Unity was released last year, I vaguely remember a poll regarding the circle that appears around Arno when he's blending in a crowd, with a overwhelming majority voting to remove it, and when the game was released there was an option in the HUD settings to turn the feature on or off. I don't know whether or not that poll influenced the devs decision to add in the option, but if it did, I hope this poll has the same effect (assuming most agree with me).

VestigialLlama4
10-09-2015, 02:11 PM
I don't like it. I much prefer the audio alerts and the old SSI (Social Stealth Indicator), it was visual, it was tiny and it didn't clutter the screen.

The HUD of Unity and especially Syndicate is a mess. A shame since AC3 and Black Flag really went far in streamlining and reducing the clutter.

bitebug2003
10-09-2015, 03:12 PM
I don't like it either - it's too Splinter Cell-ish...

Makes no difference anyway - the enemy can see you on the other side of a roof even if you can't see them.

VoXngola
10-09-2015, 03:16 PM
It's unnecessary and ugly to boot. Remove it.

SixKeys
10-09-2015, 03:21 PM
It's unnecessary and ugly to boot. Remove it.

^ This. It's rarely useful anyway, 9 out of 10 times guards seem to follow you and not your shadow.

kosmoscreed
10-09-2015, 03:35 PM
I was going to say "yes" but after thinking about it I will say "no", for that feature to work, the game stealth and enemy A.I needs to improve a lot. In Splinter works great, in Unity not.

BananaBlighter
10-09-2015, 04:59 PM
They're just trying to hard to hold the player's hand. I don't need to know my last known position to draw guards out, which is supposed to be it's purpose. I've used that ol' trick fer ages, long before Unity came out. As for the social stealth ring again it is unnecessary. It is better when there is that risk of straying too far from the group, not knowing exactly where it reaches the point where you are no longer blended.

Now in Syndicate it's getting even worse, with indicators for absolutely everything, stuff which used to be interesting to figure out ourselves. Example include marking out entry points and that ring around you in stealth mode, which points to here enemies are detecting you from, and points out the direction of nearby guards (I think that's what the soundwaves do).

Actually that last bit would be kinda nice if eagle vision didn't work through walls. I want eagle vision that has no timer or cooldown, cannot be used while running, and cannot see through walls, except when that guard has been marked, and you can only mark one guard at a time.

cawatrooper9
10-09-2015, 05:49 PM
I guess I wouldn't mind it as a skill in the tree (it would still be far less immersion-breaking than Disguise or Evie's invisibility), or perhaps a feature only apparent in Eagle Vision/Pulse/Sense/Whatever it is this year.
I just never found it to be all that useful, particularly with how big that AC maps are, how fast the Assassins run, and how quickly enemies can spot you if you mess up. It was just never all that useful of a feature for me (for the record, I didn't particularly care for it in Shadow of Mordor, either).

terroAssassin
10-09-2015, 08:13 PM
I like the concept of it seems very much like splinter cell conviction although along with this and evie's chameleon mode it has to be kinda obvious the game is gonna be ridiculously easy to some. I don't really care if the game is too easy though

ITS_MR_4ASSASSIN
10-09-2015, 08:30 PM
hey ur the MACEONIK AC from youtube? omg man i love u and ur videos ur the best assassins creed player ever lived, i cant tell u how much i watched every single one of ur clips like 1000 times and i cant get enough of how clever and good u are in ac, like ur clips are so freaking fun to watch, epic cinematic, everything like man idk what to say no more, from AC3 forts to AC4 assassination to AC B borgia towers and AC R den gameplay, pure creativity makes me love ac even more, im so sad that u didnt do any videos for unity but i kinda know the reason that unity doesnt have much variety in gameplay or missions, but i have so much fun with ur videos u cant even imagine, keep up the good work, ur truly the AC GOD. ;);););)

ITS_MR_4ASSASSIN
10-09-2015, 08:32 PM
i didnt want to post in forums but when i saw ur name i couldnt resist admiring u:D

strigoi1958
10-09-2015, 11:03 PM
I think it could be handy when trying to draw guards to you for a trap.... I know they come anyway but it would help new assassins see if they get spotted while moving away from the last known position.

RVSage
10-09-2015, 11:06 PM
I do not really need it. If it is there I do not mind it either. Sometimes, it could be useful for lure kills, and changing approach to mission, in case you are spotted. It can be a handy stealth mechanic. Maybe they should limit it to stealth mode?

MaceoniK
10-10-2015, 01:30 AM
hey ur the MACEONIK AC from youtube? omg man i love u and ur videos ur the best assassins creed player ever lived, i cant tell u how much i watched every single one of ur clips like 1000 times and i cant get enough of how clever and good u are in ac, like ur clips are so freaking fun to watch, epic cinematic, everything like man idk what to say no more, from AC3 forts to AC4 assassination to AC B borgia towers and AC R den gameplay, pure creativity makes me love ac even more, im so sad that u didnt do any videos for unity but i kinda know the reason that unity doesnt have much variety in gameplay or missions, but i have so much fun with ur videos u cant even imagine, keep up the good work, ur truly the AC GOD. ;);););)

Thanks alot man :)... you're way too kind lol

Let's hope Syndicate is not a complete mess like Unity, then I might continue making videos on YT

SixKeys
10-10-2015, 02:53 AM

Let's hope Syndicate is not a complete mess like Unity, then I might continue making videos on YT

I just looked you up and watched one of the ACR Templar den takedowns. Hilarious and impressive. Definitely going to look through the rest. :D

booty_fiend
10-10-2015, 05:10 AM
no, not at all.

LovePSN
10-10-2015, 06:51 AM
I don't necessarily hate it. I just never made use of it.

GunnerGalactico
10-10-2015, 11:35 AM
TBH, I never really found that feature useful at all.

Jessigirl2013
10-10-2015, 11:42 AM
They're just trying to hard to hold the player's hand. I don't need to know my last known position to draw guards out, which is supposed to be it's purpose. I've used that ol' trick fer ages, long before Unity came out. As for the social stealth ring again it is unnecessary. It is better when there is that risk of straying too far from the group, not knowing exactly where it reaches the point where you are no longer blended.

Now in Syndicate it's getting even worse, with indicators for absolutely everything, stuff which used to be interesting to figure out ourselves. Example include marking out entry points and that ring around you in stealth mode, which points to here enemies are detecting you from, and points out the direction of nearby guards (I think that's what the soundwaves do).

Actually that last bit would be kinda nice if eagle vision didn't work through walls. I want eagle vision that has no timer or cooldown, cannot be used while running, and cannot see through walls, except when that guard has been marked, and you can only mark one guard at a time.

This, this, THIS!!!!!!
I thought I was the only person this bugged... ;)
I HATE the see through wall eagle vision in Unity.

And the cooldown.... that was awful and frustrating!:mad:

I was hoping it wasn't included in Syndicate but alas... at least it looks like they got rid of the awful cooldown.

SpiritOfNevaeh
10-10-2015, 02:07 PM
It's a 50/50 for me.

I didn't find it that useful as much as they probably wanted us to think, but I wouldnt mind if it was an option to switch on/off.

BananaBlighter
10-10-2015, 02:11 PM

I looked you up and man oh man, you are a legend. You just gained another subscriber.

It's not just that you play stealthily, anyone can do that, you are incredible creative in your kills.

From what I've seen, you're always planning ahead, thinking quick, being fully aware of your surroundings. The creativity is unreal, the timing is perfect, the skill is unbelievable. Smartest person I've ever seen play AC.